Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valentine's Sign-Ups!

+14
vegetaovr9000
Uncanny-Illustrator
Knuxtiger4
Tyson_the_Comet
ChaoticBou
Caliburn
lady-tragedy
Revan Skirata
Geo
Shadow
CleverFox101
Avery
DeuxExDimensia
Spekkal
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Valentine's Sign-Ups! Empty Valentine's Sign-Ups!

Post by Spekkal Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:34 pm

((NOTE! This event will involve interacting with other people on a 1v1 basis. If you feel you cannot be active enough throughout the duration of the event, please inform either myself or Uncanny-Illustrator so we can ensure that no-one is left on their lonesome waiting for a reply they'll never get. It's unfair and everyone deserves an equal chance. Thankyou!))

---

Ah yes, this time of the year. Everyone loves this time of the year, this specific day, right? You know, the time of the year where you can show the love of your life to the world, the time where you can be as smoochy-woochy cutey-wootey cringey-wingey as you like and no-one can say otherwise, the time where your relationship is to be put on a pedestal and celebrated between the two of you and anyone unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity. That day.

Valentine's Day, they called it. The day of love.

And needless to say, no holiday in the city was left not beaten to the ground and monetised as much as physically possible. There were little red heart-shaped banners about, draped around streetlamps and on the windows of buildings, a lot of stores had heart or love related things in the windows, and oh dear card and flower stores were busy and packed. And, well, if you were planning on going out to eat today, there'd be little available room in restaurants. 

In the town square, stalls were set up for the lovely couples. Some were selling heart-shaped chocolates and little tiny biscuits which looked, quite frankly, delicious. Others were setting little ornaments which you could get names etched upon, and overall the theme of lovey-dovey-love was certainly painfully prevalent throughout this area. It was bustling with activities for all sorts, and occupied by so many couples you wouldn't be able to count them all.

...Oh, you're single? On Valentine's day? Well, conveniently there was something for that too.

Strategically placed in the center of this chaotic cringefest was a nice little stall. A stall for singles only, and promised an experience that would make Valentine's a lot more sweeter and a lot less depressing for all of the lovely hearts out there. A big 'sign-up!' sign was placed atop, with a little form to fill in for anyone who wanted to give it a short. A form that required filling in the name and preference. Pretty easy stuff. What was it for, you may ask?

Speed dating.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Sign-Ups! Empty Re: Valentine's Sign-Ups!

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Oh no.

Oooooooooh no.

"C'mon, it'll be fun!" 
No, no, no. No it will not be. 
Reluctantly dragged along by the hands, a certain shadow reluctantly walked among the stalls being dragged by an overenthusiastic grey bat. Every step was a step to his utter demise, every step into this awful, crowded, lovey-dovey, stupid place was absolutely dreadful. Occasionally he would try to escape by stepping back and pulling out of the bat's grip- only to be pushed forward by a miraculously convenient gust of wind which was no doubt his 'friend's' doing. "Why did Crush get to stay home?" The kitsune shadow asked, his tone clearly unamused and annoyed at the whole thing.

"Because Crush doesn't talk!" The bat exclaimed. 
"And I do?"
"You're talking right now, aren't you?"

Sigh. Groan. Frustration. 
"Lay off it, Twi. We're almost there." The bat said, looking behind him and seeing the stall he was looking for. 
"That makes it worse.." Twilight complained. "This is stupid, just pick up some damn chocolates and let's go already."
"That's not what we came here for!" 
"Then what did we-"

Interrupted by looking at the stall itself, Twilight facepalmed and then stared at Pierce for a good answer. "I didn't realize you were this desperate."
"I'm not! But..." Pierce put an arm around Twilight before pushing him forward. "You are. Go on. Sign up."

Twilight continued to stare at the disgusting booth, not taking another step forward. Rather he turned around again only to be stopped by Pierce. "Okay, watch." Pierce said, running up to the booth. Little did Twi know that he was signing him up, along with himself. 
What. A. Disaster.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Step. Step. Step. The almost confident sound of footsteps clacked against the ground as they made thier way through the love-struck city. In these boots was a...odd hedgehog. His fur was a sunny orange however his hair was golden, stuck straight up in the air in spikes while some spines drapped down his back. He wore black cargo pants along with long black coat.
"Wait....what?"
He paused to himself, he looked around seeing the almost eye-straining red surrounding him.
"Is that...today?" His confident smile didn't shift what so ever.
"Huh... Well...I'm single this year...probably for the better..." He muttered to himself before reaching the hectic area of stalls, all the fancy little ornaments, all the cute little toys BUT....

They're was one thing Punk set his eyes on.... chocolate. He took a long, wide-eyed pause to himself.
"Yep...yeah...okay...Imma need a date."
He looked around frantically, how oh how would he find a valentine so last minute! What were his options?! How will he solve this pr- oh hey look speed dating.

Punk zipped over to the sign up stall, practically leaving a trail of dust behind him. Almost, instantly without thinking he entered all the details needed, "Punk Jetson. Seeking female."

"Annnnnnd boom~... Now alls I gotta do is wait a little while all I'll be hookin in da ladies juuuuust like old times!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:55 pm

Valentine's day, oh boy, Valentine's day. The city is certainly bustling with activity for this single day alone, along with the decorations of hearts that nearly covered every tile along this part of the city. It's almost overwhelming to see it all in one place, all the... lovey-dovey. Well, it's certainly a sight.

There were many many people along the stalls and stages set for the couples all around. Though there are those certain few that don't exactly have a love to have, in fact there's two in particular to have an eye catch for. Let's focus on one at a time and look at the grey forked tail feline. His name? Avery... or at least as far as he knows.

He's come here while on a journey to travel around the world, and so happened to stumble upon this city during the day of love. He doesn't have that much experience with the day, but one thing's for sure, he certainly can't handle the sight.

"Ugh... man why today of all days do I have to be in this city..? It's one thing to think that you're alone, and it's another for a whole day to just rub it in. I swear, sometimes its just laughing at my face the whole time it's around."

Avery certainly wasn't having the best time, as he doesn't even have that much wit about him to get a date for this day. He doesn't know a lot of people, only person he really knows is a black hedgehog named Shadow and he certainly hasn't been seen lately. Must be a pretty busy guy to not be around that much. But as the cat walked through the hearts and flowers, something caught his attention. A lone stall with a large "Sign up!" sign, and the words for "speed dating".

"...'Speed date'..? I've heard of those around, but I don't think I've seen one in action before. Should I..? I mean, I don't exactly know that... well that's the whole point to it so... Eh, won't exactly hurt. Heck, I could even make some friends, no one's gonna just out right insult me haha... right?"

He heads over to the stall, though hesitating to sign up right away. He put some thought into it, looking over what was there. Shrugging he put down his name and his preference, though wondering what it meant, he looked over at the other sign-ins. Then seeing the meaning, he put down 'seeking female' though looked judged about saying something like that. He threw back his arms and walked away from the stall for the time being, thinking that they would call out those names or something.

Meanwhile, there was also a chill in the air through this festive place of hearts, it followed someone. A light blue mobian, with locks that looked as if she were a noble, with a dress to match that high rank, and a cat tail that looked delicate to touch. Metal clings were heard from her feet, as her shoes were something like that a knight would wear, but with her appearance, made all the more sense. Having her arms down infront of her, clasping her hands slightly as she gazes around with her teal, almost emotionless eyes. She stops infront of a surprisingly empty stall and takes a hold of on of the heart boxes of chocolates. The person running the stall came up, asking

"Oh hello there! If you're lookin' to get some of the finest Valentine's day goods around, you've come to the right place!"

Her response was monotoned "I've seen these shapes around this city many a time now, why is the city doing such a festive party to such shapes? On the day you called, 'Valentine's day'?"

The person looked at her rather confused, then thought that she must be touring from some other place that doesn't celebrate the same holiday and decided to explain rather simply

"Ah, you must not know of today. Today is a day where you can be with your loved one! Gift them items such as flowers to show your love to them! You must have someone that loves you right? Well if yo-"

Not even letting the person finish, when hearing that question, her answer was "Yes, and he's dead. But I must thank you for explaining your celebrations, although rather hasty. If the day should come and the coming of this day again, I will buy something from your small store. Farewell."

Leaving the stall and putting the box back, the person scratched their head before having to be busy soon after with people trying to get chocolates and other things. She continued to walk until she saw the lone stall in the center of it all, and leaving that stall was Avery as he went to sight see through the hearts. Her eyes were locked onto him before he left her sight, then looking back over to the lone stall.

A few silent moments brushed by before realizing what that stall was for on a day like today. Going over to that stall, she looked around to not see many people around this area, it was far more quieter here than other places. She took it upon herself to write her name, Frost Laywa, and her preference "seeking male" as she sees from the others that were written there.

She then took a few moments to enjoy the slight silence, and then walk away saying to herself

"The time has come to forget about the past, but keep memories treasured. I have my doubts about this decision, but perhaps I shall have some allies afterwards. For now, I want to see what other details there are about this 'Valentine's day'."
Avery
Avery
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CleverFox101 Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:09 pm

"I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T GET ME OUT OF THIS BAG--!!" A feisty raccoon with brown fur had her hands in cased in some weird metal that disabled her from using her power to easily get out of the bag. But with all of this struggling it would sure to get her out of this bag.

She'd been practically kidnapped, her so called 'friend' had tried persuading her to go to this event, but when she wouldn't be convinced it was decided that in her sleep she'd shove the tiny Raccoon in a bag and drag her there herself. "I SWEAR IM GOING TO RIP OFF YOUR TAIL AND FEED IT TO THE RAT'S! THEN ILL MAKE YOU EAT THE RAT'S, SLICED AND DEICED IN A- OMPPFFH!!" She finally was free, rolling out of the bag and hitting face first into a wall of some sort.

"Well all you had to do was say so!" A young orange fox stated folding up the brown sack and tossed it behind her. Raccoon looked around and noticed the weird room she was in, It was bright, Pink, with hearts hanging down from the ceiling, and snowflakes. there were nice tables, and food and comfortable furniture across the room. Some other Strange people she didn't recognize by any sorts and she became all the sudden claustrophobic.  The room was small dear Chaos.

"Where in the Hell are we!?" The Raccoon growled absentmindedly as she looked around. "This place is absolutely disgusting and bright! What horrible design for a room! You mortal's Are so tacky and Ugly!" She shouted mashing her teeth together in anger. she absolutely did not want to be here.

"Where going speed dating today." The fox replied, ignoring the girls plea for survival. The raccoon's eyes widened and she groaned in disgust ramming her head into the back of the wall hard, to make sure she wasn't asleep. No she was bright and awake. "Disgusting! Stupid things like Love! That's all you Mortal's care about Is love and Heart's and disgusting food like candy! It's hard and gross and get's stuck in your teeth!  I am to pure to 'date' any of these stupid people! I am the purest think here and better than any of you!" She grinned at her words, panting and huffing from talking so loud.

The orange fox slapped a hand to her face, she felt so embarrassed right now. She slowly sat in front of her, shocking the Raccoon a bit. "If you consider us friend's will you please just do this one thing for me, and I promise Ill do anything you ask next time you need a favor?" Melancholy could she in her eyes that fox was desperate and......caring....maybe. She couldn't place her finger on it. "We can make it a contest. I bet I can get more guy's to ask for my number than you can!" A spark filled her eyes and she smirked. She always did love a good challenge. this would be a no brainier.

"Fine, Ill play your silly game!" She said holding out her hands, and the fox cut open the duct tape holding her hands together. she rubbed them painfully, "What is that metal substance?" She asked confused.

The fox stood tossing that behind her as well. "That's my secret." She stood pulling a pen from her pocket, and happily signing the sheet of paper. She wrote in cursive writing, the was neat and crisp against the paper. ' Kid A the Fox ' Melancholy lazily twirled her finger around from where she was sitting and from her finger almost like smoke a blue aura formed around into a shape almost looking like a pen. It floated up towards the paper and signed her name as she moved her finger, to simulate the action. 'Melancholy the Raccoon.' The shape dispersed into the air like it was nothing. The Raccoon folded her arms and pouted, how could she be fooled into something so ridiculous.

The fox sat down on the floor next to her, "Trust me this'll be fun!"

Could anyone open up this girls heart?

CleverFox101
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://cleverfox101.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:19 pm

This had to be the dumbest thing he ever had to do. He knew that he needed to make a point, but this seemed a bit extreme. But the majority of the people he knew were all convinced that he would be a great catch for someone, but there was no way that Shadow could ever foresee himself in that kind of living. If anyone ever tried to flirt with the Ultimate Lifeform, Shadow wouldn't know that was what it was, and when he did, he found it strange. On rare occasions, it would even creep him out. He wasn't scared of it, but he still didn't like it.

Yet, here he was, signing up for the most frivolous thing he ever imagined ever doing. So frivolous, that he never imagined ever doing it. Shadow grabbed the pen, and then putting it back down thinking that maybe it would be worth having everyone try to make him pair up with someone every year for the rest of his life. Then again, he thought about never having to deal with that ever again because he signed up for this one thing that would last for a short amount of time. 

Rolling his angry ruby eyes, Shadow reluctantly jotted down his signature and sat himself down on the side of a sidewalk after walking a decent distance away from the piece of paper. Now his fate was written in ink, and because he knew it was gonna be a disaster, he hated the fact that he succumbed to this.
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:16 am

Staring at the paper in front of him, a pen that had been thrust into his hand hovering just above the line to sign in his hand, was Geo Ryans. Just what was this? Valentine's Day? He HATED Valentine's Day! He didn't know why, but whenever he saw people all around him, kissing and making googly eyes at each other, he just got sick to his stomach. So why was he about to sign this paper that would bind him to a speed dating service?

"Why not?"

Geo pressed the pen against the paper, signing his name on the dotted line along with his preference of females and smirking, I doubt they'll be able to find anyone for me. I'm going in with high standards. Kekeke...let's see if they can live up to the challenge. The pangolin placed the pen down and smiled coldly up at the woman there, "Have fun trying to tie me down. I'm a wanderer."

He began walking away, feeling the eyes of the woman follow him as he went. As she blinked, he seemed to disappear, the only indication of where he'd been being a couple of cracks in the ground. Underneath the city and making himself a small cave, he awaited the day until he'd be forced to go face to face with women and try to make a good impression of himself.

"...wait....why did I do this!? I'M AN IDIOT!"

Last edited by Geo on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Geo

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Sign-Ups! Empty Valentines Sign-Ups!

Post by Revan Skirata Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:32 am

Revan didn't even know why he was at the festival he hated big crowds and this definitely qualified as such. He walked through the crowds being stared at by those who thought his appearance was less than up to par for this occasion. He walked up to the booth and decided later he would do whatever it took to forget this ever happened. His mask caught the light and made someone glare at him thinking he was here to try and ruin the occasion. He grabbed the form and signed it quickly not wanting to be here longer than absolutely needed and in this case he felt like a major tool for doing this. Revan looked up at the young woman behind the counter and sighed he signed his name "Revan Skirata" he said out loud and handed it to her.

He turned and walked away thinking "why did i do this? do i really want this? Am I really prepared for this?" he sighed shaking his head and decided he was probably mentally unstable to do this.

Revan Skirata

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:16 am

A speed dating stall, on valentines day? yeah guess everyone could have seen that one coming since this was the holiday to remind you that if you were single you where a pathetic loser incapable of finding someone. Guess that explained the whining males, loudly asking themselves why they signed themselves up in self depreciating tones. They weren't fooling anyone really, silly males, trying to save face.

The gold and cream toned badger approached the stall. Her hair was slighty messy, giving her an almost unkempt, tomboyish look, though her clothing followed the latest trents and fashions. She didn't even put up a token show of reluctance, simply signing with her name in neat, cursive looping letters 'Soraiah Goodfellow'. Followed by a 'no paticular prefference'. Though judging from the amount of testosterone hanging about the stand she might as well have filled in 'male prefference'

"Wait...what are you doing?" She was the only one who could hear that paticular voice, since it was a part of her, well in a sense anyway. The situation was a bit complicated to explain. The voice was distinctly male though and sounded both startled and sleepy "Soraiah, this isn't the market...".

"A very astute observation" She replied in thought, plopping down on a bench right next to the stall. " there's a valentines celebration in the city, see it as an opportunity to work on our social skills".

"I don't want to work on our social skills"the voice replied in a tone that could only be described as petulant "we get enough socialising done at the market, I don't want to be here... I feel outnumbered....". 

She simply snorted at that " Poor baby, well you don't have to do the talking anyway, let me interact with my own kind once in a while.".
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:25 am

Well, wasn't today an active day? It was usually quite busy, but this was pushing it pretty far beyond what a certain cat thought was possible. Sporting her usual attire that WASN'T her big clunky power suit, the blue jacket and shorts, the feline Ebonia Roxas took in what was to be seen…

Observing the spectacles all across the city, a slight smile spread across her face; Valentine’s Day was something she remembered very well, and could never really forget, even with all that time spent in space.

Chocolates and hearts literally everywhere she looked, and it was all quite overwhelming but in a very, very good way. She was single, but she didn't care about that much, Ebonia wasn't one to throw herself at people, though the speed dating booth did catch her eye. The feline gave a slight minute of contemplation. I mean, what was the worst that could HONESTLY happen? She’d not care if she didn't end up hooking up with anyone. She didn't really have the intention of doing so, but it was all pretty much fun and games in the end. There was even a slight chance she’d meet someone she liked. Who knew? Win win either way.

The orange cat simply stepped up the sign up. “Hi. You got a pen?” She asked, and was given one. She nodded and gave a gentle smile, before signing up.

“Ebonia Roxas. No preference.”

Handing the pen back she glanced around to see how many people may have actually entered themselves, her deep blue eyes looming on people for a few moments before moving onto the next.

Let’s see just who I’ll end up with.. She thought to herself.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:26 pm

"Ah, Valentine's Day! The day where I usually question whether or not I should sit home and eat ice cream. Probably not this year though!" Srunks was scuttling happily down the street to the little stall. Intrigued by it, he walked up to it. "Hmm.... this seems pretty cool! Might as well check it out!" He walked up to it "Uhm, excuse me, what's this for?" After getting the details, he nodded and asked for a pen. After receiving one, he looked at the sign up. He signed his name "Srunks Ammar. No particular preference...." He grinned "I bet this'll go great!"
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Cruising down I-29 in a '97 Plymouth Grand Voyager B)

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Wow this place was decorated! And it looked so kyoot!~

A cyan fox was wandering down the streets. He looked happy-go-lucky as always. Then he saw this sign-up thing. "OH! so that's the sign-up?" His sister told him he should sign up there. Her goal was that Boubka would find a girlfriend. She got a boyfriend when she was that old. He stood in front of the sign-up. Maybe he could find something he always wanted! A new friend! What? Love? Like the kissing thing? Ew love is disgusting. This was clearly a big misunderstanding. Although Boubka is still 15, he has the height of a fully adult man. People could maybe misunderstand him for being a young-looking adult.

"Boubka Frolig! My preference? Whadda ya mean? Boy-friend or Girl-friend? I don't care? Every gender can be my friend! Although Luka said I should get a girl-friend...ehm." And so he signed up, probably with another goal than anyone else. Oh Bou you're so naïve.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:40 am

Zetski sighed as Tina pushed him along the sidewalk, close to the sign up stall. "Are you sure you want for me to do this, Tina? Not like I have a chance with anyone else. Just look!" He shoved one hand towards the enlarging crowd, just for emphasis on his point. "Yeah, well, no. You're going to do this, because we're friends, and you already owe me."

"Owe you from what?" Zetski looked up at Tina, not amused.

"Um... something for later. Look, it can't be that bad. I'm pretty sure you'll get someone you like!" She looked up at the crowd. Her face went from pride to concern. "Uh.."

"See my point?" Zetski managed to shove off of Tina, not hard, just to get off of her. "Ugh, fine. But I'm still doing this." "Let me know how it goes then, I have work to do."

"Pfft, yeah, 'work'. She turned back to the stalls, glancing over until she saw a certain someone in the crowd. Standing there, frozen either in shock or fear, she stared to Shadow's point of view. Is... is that really him? She thought to herself. Zetski called back, "Hey, Tina, you signing up or what?" Tina snapped back to reality, blushing and continuing her way back to the stalls, not daring to look back at Shadow or Zetski. "Uh, yeah, I'm going..."

Signing her name in a neat cursive, "Tina Flourise Erin", she put as her preference "powerful". It was vague, but she didn't want anyone to think she was insane. She was into guys with awesome and cool powers, like she has! A moment of doubt washed over her, but she overcame it, and waited.

Once again she thought to herself, Please, I don't even stand a chance with some of these people... especially him. What was I thinking? Oh well, no turning back.
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:21 am

The town was literally drowning in Valentines Day related decorations and items for sale... or at least that's what Lorelori made out from the whole thing.  Dressed in her very casual sport like clothing with her long dark brown hair flowing with the air, she walked toward the center of the city, following the people who were heading there.  With her was Roark, a tiger shark that wore nothing but some very bright orange and white swimming trunks and from a first glance, was scary looking.  He was following not too far behind Lorelori, trying to keep up with her with the crowd of people around.

The two paused once they reach the center of the city, looking around at the various people gathering.  Some they perceived as couples while other looking like they were by themselves.  Wasn't until both of their glazes slowly turned to face the stall with the "Sign-Up!" sign above it, both blinking a few times to make sure they were seeing exactly what was in sight.  

"Really?" Lorelei said with a kinda annoyed tone to her voice.

"Come on...I mean what harm can it do Lore.  We're here in town because you had business to deal with and we got time to kill, let's just do it for fun." the shark said with a rather cheerful grin on his face.

"Finnnnnneee." she groaned, "Only because your pushing it... also that it might help you find the perfect someone." 

With that, the two approached the stall and waited on line with the other for what seemed like forever until it was the shark's turn first.  With his not so great handwriting he wrote in his name "Roark Quint" and "Preference: Seeking a nice girl" before smiling and turning his piece of paper in, grinning as he left the line.  Next was the bear who's handwriting was much nicer compared to her friends, writing in "Lorelei Kota" and "Preference: Seeking girls" on her sheet before turning in and catching up to her shark friend.

"I blame you if this somehow ends horribly." she said elbowing the shark in a side playfully.  The shark simple smirked and headed for a empty bench for the two to sit down.
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:41 pm

Right behind that sign up table was, what was best assumed,  one of the people who was helping with running this thing. Hard to tell the gender appearance wise, very androgynous. So lets just go with 'they' since it's easier. And so they took in the sign up cards that were being filled in, carefully piling them up in their hand, checking each single one.

A soft hum escaped from their lips as they got up and headed over to lovely red with pink heart patterned curtains. The took a place next to them before clearing their throat.

Smooth and sweet as honey was their voice as they spook up. "Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! In a short moment these curtains will be lifted and you will get guided into our main room!~" They started with the widest smile on their lips. "Our set up has one tiny thing different from most speed dating, out floor and chairs are automated!~ This means that the walking from table to table is taken out of it all. I mean we have got to keep the 'speed' in speed dating." A small shuffle with the cards before they continued. "We will have multiple rounds and the length of the round can be kept track off by the music. It starts slow but at the half way mark of the round, the sound picks up, indicating that the end is nearing."

A small side step to the curtain as they slightly nudged the drapes open with their foot. "At the end of it all there will be food and time for you to converse a little more. And maybe even get the numbers from the people you clicked well with."

A small pause before they continued. "I will read out all your names as to check that I didn't drop any card or what not. If you hear your name, please step forward and through the curtain."

Another clearing of the throat as they started. "Loralei, Avery, Skrunks, Kid A, Shadow, Geo, Soraiah, Tina, Roark, Pierce, Twilight, Revan, Frost, Ebony, Punk, Boubka and Melancholy."

A small step aside to let those through the drapes. "If I missed your name, please come to me after this intro, please!"

With that they moved even more out of the way, silently counting heads, boys and girls and oh, oh there was a problem. Welp they would find a way around it.  "We will start soon with the first round~ Sign ups will remain open through out the entirety of this till the last round." A soft chuckle before they finished. "If you sign up while a round is busy, you will have to wait till that round is over before you are thrust into the action~"

With those final words they guided those who had their names called to the internal are behind the drapes.

An area filled with the typical red, pink and white. Hearts about everywhere along the walls and ceiling. Quite off set by the clearly metal floor with clear groves in it. Groves a tad too hard to really figure out where they went at a first glance or even a second and third. Along that metal floor, multiple tables with white drapes had been set up, each with a bottle or two of water and plastic cups as well as one of those candles that run on a battery.

They stepped forward and motioned the group to one side of the room, lined with the red with pink chairs, all in a row with their bottoms stuck in the groves. "Please take your seat, and for your own safety, remain seated until the chair has moved and stop moving.~"
With that they returned to the sign up boot, plonking right back down behind it.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by vegetaovr9000 Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:07 am

Srunks did as he usually would, and scuttled through the drapes, and found a seat. He sat down, feeling a bit of anxiety. He was very bad with talking and he didn't want to bore anyone. But he threw those worries away and waited for everything to happen. "Okay... here goes... time to finally enjoy Valentines day, rather than pretend it doesn't exist...." He cleared his throat and wiped the sweat off his head

Last edited by vegetaovr9000 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
vegetaovr9000
vegetaovr9000
Expert Member
Expert Member

Location : Cruising down I-29 in a '97 Plymouth Grand Voyager B)

Back to top Go down

Valentine's Sign-Ups! Empty Valentine's Sign Ups

Post by Revan Skirata Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:21 am

Revan Skirata sighed and walked through the curtains and nearly had a heart attack with all the hearts and red and pink all over he sighed to himself and found his spot among the seats and sat down. He looked around and decided to just go with the flow. He kept fidgeting in his seat bouncing his right leg constantly.

He looked at the curtains where all the 'speed dating' would happen and shook his head his stomach was twisted into knots and he couldn't calm down. He knew that before it was his turn he would have to make a decision about his helmet he looked around for someone to talk to in case he had to remove which would make his life much much easier.

Revan Skirata

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Punk took a while to inspect the surroundings, noting the vibrant shades of red and pink. 
"I really don't know what I was expecting.."
He said to himself before almost tripping on one of the grooves upon the floor.
"Well thats out of the ordinary.." He tilted his head slightly before wandering over to a seat and plopping down comfortably, looking over to see the others who were ushered into the room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Standing around, waiting. She had the patience to just wait around and see if anyone would tell them all the next step, and turns out they did. Neat.

Stepping forwards, and taking some glances around, Ebonia had a slight smile on her face. This was being made a huge deal of. Well, it was time to see how it'd go anyway. She secretly didn't like the looks of the curtains that much; a little cautious and avoiding stepping in the groves with smooth agility. She wasn't wearing her armour but if anyone tried something she believed she was armed rnough; a small consealed weapon on her posession juuuust incase, but otherwise she was relaxed. Plenty of room to move, and some nice gag to the entite thing.

She took a seat, getting comfortable and crossing a leg over the other carefully. This was going to be fun. The gimmick with the seats was something she was curious about, though, and she looked towards the groves in the floor intently, trying o figure out where they went. ...Pretty impossible.

Oh well. Best to just sit and wait patiently.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:59 pm

Both Avery and Frost were both surprised that through the curtain would be this room filled with a bright mass of hearts still. This day is certainly not for one that hates the sight of some things like this. It was almost too much to take in all at once, Avery blinks trying to ignore the walls itself, since they weren't that much of an importance.

Avery walks over to one of the chairs that were empty and sat down, trying to at least be comfortable in a situation like this. He takes a breath and breathes out, tapping his legs and looking around for anything that might be of importance. His tail swung back and forth, brushing the metal floor ever so slightly.

"Okay... this needs some getting used to." he says about the room itself and what he was about to do.

Frost on the other hand, slowly walked towards an empty chair, trying not to have her regal like dress to catch anything. Then taking a seat, sitting up right, and looking forward like a noble, she held the amulet that she wore around her neck, looking at it in her hand before putting it back. The chilly air that follows her was still present around her, and is most likely to be felt if anyone was sitting with her or around her. She was quiet, looking forward with the same emotionless eyes, waiting for whatever to happen next as she does not know what should happen.
Avery
Avery
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CleverFox101 Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:20 pm

"Uggh...Disgusting." Melancholy groaned about the rather festive design. It as sickening to her and most of all just bland, tasteless,s and way to classic. No In fact it was typical that they'd have this type of lovey-dovey-gushy-whoosy decor. "I'm starting to hate the color pink."

Her fox friend raised a brow, "you already do hate that color." She said slowly. The raccoon rolled her eyes folding her arms together in a reluctance to take a seat in those ugly plastic looking chairs, that you might find in a class room. Only they were pink and the back was round.

"Well I just hate it even more!" She blew air in her cheeks and started holding her breathe as she began tapping her foot rapidly against the floor. Irritation was they key word for this moment, She really wanted nothing to do with this thing. Or love. She'd rather read a book, or do something besides have some guy with googly eyes drool all over her.

"Calm down and go sit down. Ill meet you after this little event." Her vixen friend waved to her before skipping off to another part of the room and sat down, with a nice smile, and already eager to make a friend. The raccoon decided to sit where no one had sat, not wanting to look at anyone of these people. But if she could admit, which she wouldn't, there were some pretty attractive males in the room. But that wasn't going to make her go head over heels.

She sat down after a minute of scoping the 'fresh meat' in the room, having the smallest thought that maybe she could have a nice dinner later, and eat one of there souls. No....She'd give them her Mercy. But only for today sense it was a special occasion. Crossing her Arms she finally took a seat, crossing her Arms and legs. She scowled at the fake lit candles, refusing to make eye contact with anyone till this whole thing started. She was shy, and it pissed her off to the core.

Last edited by CleverFox101 on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more detail, fixed speeling errors, ect.)

CleverFox101
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://cleverfox101.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Now of course, at events like this, there would always be latecomers - which was fine, really. After all, the host had quite openly declared that those running behind would be welcome to participate - it would just be a matter of making sure they got their name down.
Aaand for Chris, that was where the problem lay.

You see Chris, for all intents and purposes, was dead. A ghost to be precise, one whom lacked physical presence beyond the appearance of a pale, transparent, naked horse-lady, floating lazily in the air. Any attempt to grab a pen to fill in a form was foiled, any attempt at shifting said forms was only met with a hand being lost through the otherwise-solid table. It was hard enough for a ghost to find love at the best of times - now they were throwing paperwork into the mix?

With a deep sigh, the spirit decided to make her own way into the large meeting hall, via the wall. Tapping the host on the back of the shoulder, she soon came to realise that that... was literally doing nothing. Seriously, a lack of physical presence suuucked.
Opting instead to float through to the front of the host, the horse piped up;
"Er, hello!" she grinned awkwardly, a yellow glow outlining the area where in most teeth would be expected, "I would like to sign up for the speed-dating, er, please!"

There was a slight, awkward pause.

"I, uh, can't touch the pens or papers so, um... could you perchance write me down for me? My name's Christopher Curran!" Well, that was an oddity. One would assume, from looking at the ghost, the name 'Christine' would perhaps be more fitting. Oh well...
"Seeking women!" she further clarified, "Er, you can put me down under the 'male' registry if you want." The freely dangling chest paired with some rather sizable hips seemed to suggest otherwise, but hey, who was anyone to judge?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Shadow sat on the edge of the sidewalk, watching as more and more people continued walking up to sign up for this stupid speed dating thing. As more time passed, the less thrilled the black hedgehog was about all of this. On one hand, he was glad that the majority of them were strangers, so no one he knew (particularly Sonic or Rouge) would comment on how strange it was that he even signed up for this. At the same time, he dreaded that he didn't really know anyone that signed up because he hated interacting with strangers most intensely.  

A problem with the sign up, which might be good for him, was that there was less women that signed up than men. On the other hand, this might give him a problem: romance wasn't what it was over 50 years ago anymore. Unlike his childhood, if you could call it that, now it's normal for people to have a relationship with people of the same gender. He didn't have an issue with those people, but he had enough problems with the type of romance he knew as normal. If they even attempted to pair him up with a guy, that guy better say nothing to him, or he wouldn't have a tongue to say anything anymore. 

Then, someone with an indistinguishable gender explained how this whole thing would work, and almost guaranteed that everyone was gonna end up with someone that they shared chemistry with. However, Shadow knew better for himself. He knew where he would be happiest, and that was living alone. But anyway, she read off the names and huffed when he heard his name among the people who signed up. Based on the names alone, it was hard to tell if his theory was right or wrong, but he guessed that knowing that wasn't as bad as having to do what he was doing right then.

He huffed when his name was called, and very reluctantly walked himself to wherever it was they wanted them to go. As expected, the place seemed as gushy and lovey-dovey as any other disgusting thing on this holiday. Well, even if he didn't get the result he wanted, at least he knew he was doing something that Sonic would definitely never have the guts to do. Shadow looked around to see if there was anywhere specific that he needed to sit, but since it didn't seem specific, Shadow just sat on the a chair close to the exit. That's where it starts, so that should be where it stops.

The sooner this was all over, the sooner he could wipe this whole thing out of his memory like a bad dream... At least it couldn't get any wore. (Well, it could, but hopefully it won't.)
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:00 pm

Geo popped his head out of the ground as he felt movement up above, looking around curiously. Had the event started already? They took speed dating a bit too literally...he would've liked to relax a little more. Oh, well, it couldn't be helped. The pangolin willed the ground beneath him to fill, lifting him out of the hole like he was on an elevator until the sidewalk repaired itself.

"Man, these guys should pay me to fix these things. Oh, wait...I'm the one who breaks them in the first place..."

Mentally kicking himself, the pangolin walked into the room through the curtain, and got a pink flash. His eyes saw nothing but pink. It was beginning to make him sick to his stomach, so he closed his eyes and thought about something else. It was a good thing his vision wasn't crystal clear, as it made his other senses that much better. He easily maneuvered his way to an empty seat, only hitting one of the grooves in the floor once, yet it didn't seem to affect him. Err...he might have left a dent in it. Sorry, random lover he didn't know yet.

Taking a seat calmly, Geo took a breath and opened his eyes, getting used to the flash of colors. His vision sharpened as he focused, and he could make out the faces of the other "lucky" participants. They seemed to not want to be here, either. Well, maybe there was hope for this after all.

Geo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyson_the_Comet Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Tina observed everything around her as she passed through the drapes, still careful of not tripping over the grooves in the ground. "Way more festive than I imagined..." she quietly said. At the moment, it didn't matter anymore, because she was here now, and there was no way she could turn back. Well, she could, but he'd rather not bail out when Zetski had the opportunity to nag at her about it all he pleased. But he wouldn't do that would he...? Still, she wouldn't give up. She sat at one of the chairs closest to the right side wall, with no one else on the other side of her table, and patiently waited.
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next