Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All is Calm,All is Bright

3 posters

Go down

All is Calm,All is Bright Empty All is Calm,All is Bright

Post by lady-tragedy Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:52 am

Station Square was celebrating what would be its second christmas after being rebuild. While the first christmas had been lavish enough, the atmosphere had been uneasy as people where still getting used to not seeing their city in ruins and didn't know how long it would last. Now that the city was still standing, inspite of some minor incidents. For the dissapearances had been rather minor in comparason to some of the things the city had been faced with before. Such as perfect chaos.

The great square with its lovely black and golden fountain, now had a huge christmas tree in its center, lavishly decorated and surrounded by small bonfires where people gathered and talked. The Fountain had been turned off to prevent damages to the pipework as the water froze, but arcs of lights gave the illusion of frozen sprays where the water had once come out.

" Here... have a coco"

Bishop was startled out of his musings and staring at the fire by a black gloved hand holding a paper cup of hot cocoa infront of his face, wiggling it enticingly. The light creamy colored badger took the cup, gently blowing on it. The one who had given it to him was a bear of a mobian, standing about a head higher then himself, well muscled and slightly wild looking with its unkempt mane of black hair and the wickedly curved horns.

In fact the dark blue mobian screamed Demon, but he was more of a subspecies. Raziel was a manticore, and a pretty big male at that. His leathery wings tucked neatly on his back and his scorpion like tail slowly bobbing and twitching on occasion. " Gwenn not coming?" he asked Bishop , who simply shrugged.

He'd always liked christmas time, it seemed to genuinly cause goodwill amongst everyone and riots around this time were very uncommon. So he felt comfortable enough, standing near the bonfire with the towering raziel, sipping cocoa that had been tasteless to him for yeas, but he still drank, just for the memory of it
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

All is Calm,All is Bright Empty Re: All is Calm,All is Bright

Post by Ninathelioness Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:17 pm

A lioness wearing wonderfully festive clothes (not including gloves or footwear) Was wondering around, staring at everyone comfy together in the all the different bonfires, she frowned a little as she walked, she felt like there was just one person in all the groups of people that was missing from picture, she had bad luck last year, when she woke up, she felt she didn't really belong, because christmas was a time to enjoy family's company, she had no idea who or where any family she didn't remember were, but she always has that hope, that maybe, just maybe, something will happen, and she'd be happily reunited with family, if she had any, she wondered over to the campfire where a dark blue creature and badger, 'maybe I can talk with them...' she thought as she went to get some cocoa and then came back and sat with the badger and manticore, "Um, can I sit here, too?" she asked, obviously having little to no idea what to say, she felt awkward because she never really had a chat with anyone during the christmas season
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:56 pm

"Well ya just did" the larger of the two snorted in amusement as he gestured to her seated position. "Don't tease her Raziel..." the badger chided in his gentle voice before turning to the lioness" Don't mind Raziel... you can sit here if you want, The campfire is big enough for a lot more people then just me and the lug over there...".

Raziel snorted at the lug comment, baring his sharp teeth in a grin at the lioness" Yeah, be our guest" he proceeded to bow with surprising grace" I am Raziel Tartarus, and my companion here is Petyr Goodfellow" he purred smoothly, earning himself an annoyed look from the badger who offered the girl a hand in greeting" Bishop.." he introduced himself with a pointed glare at the Manticore.
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:12 pm

She blushed a little, "I'm Shalina, Shalina the lioness, nice to meet you." she said, as she chuckled, "This is the first year I actually got to really talk to somebody on christmas..." she sipped her cocoa, "Maybe I'll find someone this year..." she said to herself in a whisper as she changed sitting position to crossing her legs, "I can tell that your a badger, bishop, but I can't exactly tell what raziel is, do you mind if I ask what he is please?" she asked while trying to sound polite as possible, she always tries her best to be polite but she really tried her best not to upset the strange creature (I know what a manticore is, but Shalina doesn't even know if shes ever met one before, so, you know.)
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:20 pm

"It's a pleasure to meet you miss Shalina" the badger replied with what seemed like genuine warmth, though he hid a chuckle behind his hand at her question" You can ask him sure, you don't need my permission, it's not like he's going to eat you or anything, isn't that so Raziel?".

The manticore was in fact a little offended that she just didn't outright ask him but asked Bishops permission first. He seemed to take it in stride though as he grinned toothily" Naw.. I just ate recently" he teased before unfolding his wings and striking a bit of a pose" I'm a Manticore~ it's no surprise you dont know what I am.. we're kind of near extinct and all".
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:30 pm

"Oh! I see, never heard of a manticore before, you look cool!" she clapped with enthusiasm, she was quite interested in manticores now, "I'm interested, so, tell me, I want to know everything about manticores, your kind seem so interesting!" she shouted with warmth and excitement and extreme wonder, she'd love to know everything about anything, and if it led to her past, she just HAD to know, she was quite excitable, she took another sip of her hot cocoa, "Great hot cocoa, huh?"
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

" erm.. well I supose I am an expert on the subject, being a manticore and all" Raziel boasted good naturedly at her enthusiasm. " Lets see... well we're basically like Lions.. with some aditions ofcoarse" He tapped his wickedly curved horns and twitched his wings and tail for emphasis."We're exclusively carnivorous.. so vedgies  are a no no..." he ticked off his fingers" Our Females are generaly a bit larger then the males and are also more dangerous and agressive".

" I think thats just your sister there Raz" Bishop teased, hiding a smile behind his cup. " Oh thank pandora she isn't around" Raziel concured"It's like inviting the grinch to a christmas party" he made a face. " And you'd be in need of something stronger then hot cocoa" Bishop added, smiling at the lioness" his sister is a wee bit controlling".

"It is good cocoa though" Raziel concured and Bishop nodded his agreement, even though he might as well have been sipping ashes for all he could taste it.
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:58 pm

she sipped more cocoa, "I even got some little marshmellows! Cute!" she cleared her throat, "Interesting, but I wonder how lions could get such a different tail and even wings, still, that's interesting, kind of like in a fairytale book!" she chuckled, "I wonder how much bigger female manticores are to male manticores, so can you use your wings? And do you use your tail for anything special?" and then looked at her tail, plain, but simple, she was care free that a manticore had a cooler looking tail then hers, but after a moment she returned her sight to raziel and bishop
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:10 am

" Uhm.. well ofcourse my wings are functional.. I can fly just fine" Raziel replied, giving them a few flaps to lift himself of the ground. " See?" he landed lightly on his feet again, giving his scorpion like tail a twitch" as for the tail... it's a deffense... or weapon... what ever you might see it as... Manticores don't really have any powers.. other then being near impossible to kill... so we have venom as a weapon.. not to mention that we're big and bulky enough to physicaly beat most people into a pulp..".

Bishop rolled his eyes a little" Don't worry though, Raziel gets beaten into a pulp more then he does the actual beating.." he grinned devlishly, showing a flash of unaturally long canines for the first time" He's a big soft teddy bear~".
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:37 am

She notices bishops long canines, "I have some long canines too, see?" she said as she opened her mouth, showing canines roughly 3 inches longer than the rest of her teeth, "Your fur looks soft, can I feel it?" she couldn't help but ask, lions and other big cats were just really big cats, so curiosity took it's toll to make shalina ask to see what bishops fur texture was
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:49 pm

He blinked a little, unsure why her canines where that long and kind of wary of asking about it lest she ask about his in kind."Those are... quite impressive" he said, smiling encouragingly. However, Raziel had no such qualms about asking, raising both eyebrows quizzically as he eyed the girls canines" You a sabretooth or something? how come they're so long?" he opened his own mouth, filled with razor sharp teeth, but they were all about the same length. There were two more rows behind the normal row of teeth most people had though.

Bishop looked rather startled when she asked if she could touch his fur though." Uhm... well... I supose?" he said, reluctantly rolling up his sleeve to expose the smooth fur on his arm. It was smooth to the touch almost slightly slick but not soft at all like it might have looked at first glance and the fur was so thick that brushing against the hairline might actually be painfully prickly.
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:23 am

"I don't really know why my teeth are long, must be my heratige..." she shrugged and lightly brushed a finger through the badger's soft looking fur, and slightly sheathed, "That's some prickly fur, thanks, anyway." she sucked her finger for a moment because of how prickly painful that rough fur was, "You can feel my fur, too, if you wanna." she said and took a sip of her cocoa again
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie The Echidna Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:51 pm

Ollie decked out in her usual clothes (save for some cheep looking necklaces that were made to look like christmas tree lights and lit up draped over her witch's hat.)She held a warm cup of coco in her hands sipping from it every minute or so."Yum this stuff is so good!~"As she spoke she saw that her breath was like little clouds"Cool!..Well not like freezing cold but cool cool"She loved this time of year it was for the obvious reasons of course plus she wasn't questioned for wearing a large coat plus a turtle neck sweater like she was in hot weather.She saw a campfire were a badger,a lioness, and a manticore sat...Wait a manticore!!!"Yes!!!!!!"She dropped her empty coco cup in the trash can near by and ran to him"Yesyesyesyesyessssssss!It's a real live Manticore!!!Best day everrrrr!!!"
Ollie The Echidna
Ollie The Echidna
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Shalina jumped like a cat 2 feet in the air, "YAH!!" she shouted as she leaped in the air, her fur was spiked, she got badly spooked, she landed on fours, "Where did you come from?! You scared the living daylights outta me! Who are you, anyway?" she asked as she calmed down and her fur went flat on her body again
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:25 am

"ah, thank you.." he smiled lightly and shook his head" but I think I will pass on the offer,I'm not much of a touchy feely person" the badger explained, hoping he hadn't hurt her feelings." Sorry if you got pricked... badgers naturally have a tough prickly coat, helps give some added protection and traps heat a bit better I suppose... " he shrugged a little" also most mud, dirt and water slides right off".

The badger was about as startled as the lioness, looking wide eyed at the echidna girl that practically burst into the light of their fire, throwing an excited fit over Raziel. He wasn't sure when seeing a manticore had become a good thing. If she recognised him as such she must know a bit about the species.

Raziel looked delighted though. " A good evening to you~" he rumbled amusedly"Though I must say that usualy when people recognise me for what I am they think I'm going to eat them." He grinned toothily"This is quite refreshing". He extended a hand to Ollie"Raziel Tartaros, at your service". Bishop simply rolled his eyes and went back to sipping his now luke warm coco
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie The Echidna Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm

"Sqqeeeeee"Ollie fainted for about five second then returned to bouncing."A manticore just spoke to me eee!!!!!!"She suddenly stopped bouncing and turned to see the lioness's fur poofed up"Oh I'm so sorry Ms!!Here let me help you!"Ollie attempted to depoof it but ended up making it even worse"Wah sorry!!Also I'm Ollie if you still wanted to know.."
Ollie The Echidna
Ollie The Echidna
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:55 pm

"It's alright, I got..." she paused as she fixed where ollie poofed up her fur like a cat would if it were to clean itself, "Nice to meet you, ollie, I'm Shalina, Shalina the lioness." she looked down to find spilled cocoa, "Aw, that was mine... And I'm out of money..." she sadly groaned as she picked up the cup and walked over to the trash can tossed it in and walked back to ollie, raziel and bishop, "I see you know about manticores." she commented as she sat in a different spot around the campfire
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:20 pm

"Clearly she doesn't know enough about manticores to be afraid of them.." the badger muttered darkly as he watched Raziel practically fluff and preen at the attention he was getting. "Manticore literally means ' eater of man' " he explained with a small shrug before turning to the Manticore in question."Hey Raz, your new friend spooked Shalina into dropping her coco, go get her a new one will ya?".

The manticore blinked a bit, not even having noticed that what with his ego being fluffed and all. It was so rare a thing. "a-ah right..." he rubbed the back of his head" back in a sec" he flapped his wings once, kicking off the ground and gliding easily over to the coco stand.

"Show off.." Bishop muttered before extending a hand to Ollie" I'm Bishop, the Manticore is called Raziel, but I'm sure he doesn't mind you calling him Raz since you currently have his undevided attention".
lady-tragedy
lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie The Echidna Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:17 pm

"Oh sorry about your coco!!Uhm how much did it cost I'll pay for it"While Ollie said this she was mopping up the spill with some paper towels from the paper towel roll she had taken out of one of her pockets.Once she finished she threw away all of the wet paper towels and repocketed the roll.Then she turned to Bishop"Yes I know means Eater of Man but seeing that he didn't eat you or her I doubt that he was going to eat me."She said this in a light hearted voice.Then she took his hand and shoke it"Please to meet you"
Ollie The Echidna
Ollie The Echidna
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down