Subway Malfunction

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Subway Malfunction - Page 2 Empty Re: Subway Malfunction

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:53 am

Her autumn eyes remained glued to him said the words he wandered from the window to the seat in front of her. She let out an amused chuckle when he said the words 'supernatural freak', and gave another nod. Not that personally she was unfond of super-powered mobians. Nor did she favor them despite being one herself. Then again she was never truly fond of other living beings at all. Amber was not a social butterfly, and she saw no reason in changing that any time soon. She only found others to be tolerable, if not decent. That was how she saw Sully at that moment.

"They really need to find a new hobby." She signed to him in an attempt of a joke, her eyes cast to the side. "Like collecting stamps." Oh Amber, how socially impaired you are.

Imagine being d e a f but wanting to h e a r music.

Imagine a room of c o l o r s but seeing only black & white.

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:03 am

As the signs on the wolf's hands steadily spelled out the punchline, the Fox went from pleasantly perplexed to chuckling fondly. Her coy attitude made her rather sharp wit seem all the more hilarious. Continuing the joke, he replied with "Or perhaps knitting." 

His chuckling was halted by a loud creaking noise a few coaches back. The smile vanished as he looked backwards. Suddenly, there was a dull ka-CHUNK. Sully lowly stood up. Then, another groan of bending metal a few coaches back, this time fractionally closer. Sully's ear twitched. Ka-CHUNK.
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 am

Their moment of comfort lasted but a moment. Just when he was chuckling, and so was she, a creak filled the stiff air and pierced into her overly sensitive ears. Cringing, Amber pulled out a pair of ear plugs from her pockets, and stuffed them in her ears. She always had them with her to prevent from going deaf every time she went outside, and they were one of the only things she couldn't do without on assignments. 

A ka-CHUNK replaced the sudden creaking and it moved closer and closer each time it sounded. Amber began to grow jittery. The heat spiked up somewhat because of her alarm, ears standing straight and her tail stiffly motionless. Despite wearing her belts, she was completely unarmed.

Now despite being a powered mobian, Amber rarely resorted to her powers. Mainly because all she could do was manipulate heat, and any power attack with it drained so much energy. But growing up on the streets, one does learn to be resourceful.

So with her eyes glued to the coach door, she steeled herself for whatever may come through, a plan already formulating in her head, involving the hanging hand-holds, and the loose metal slab under the seats that had been rattling throughout the entire ride. But she had only one objective; get Sully out safely.

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Sully began to back away from the door, trying to put a little more distance between him and the source of the noise. 
kaTHUNK 
Then, the lights flickered, and in a snap, all was dark.
kaTHUNK 
The noises continued to advance, Sully quickly pulling out his phone as a light. 
kaTHUNK
The screen gave an eerie glow to the place, and suddenly the mundane coach seemed threatning, like the two were trapped in a tin can.
kaTHUNK
Whispering something that would not be translated in polite company, he eyed the door warily. 
kaTHUNK
The noise was like a small cannon now, mere feet away.
kaTHUNK

Silence

Then a massive, creaking noise, just outside the door. The rear coaches, everything behind their car, tilted to the left. With a massive clatter, they flipped onto the side, sending small yellow showers of sparks flying. The bending came from behind them now, a small noise, identical to the one just heard from outside the door.

The whole coach shuttered, and began to roll away from the engine, on the now cleared track.
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:36 am

The noise. Oh, the noise. It was beginning to aggravate her ears. Reaching up, she clasped her overly sensitive ears, cringing behind her scarf, before stuffing one of her hands into her pocket to fish for her earplugs and quickly stuffed them in her ears.

Just in the nick of time. 

With a mighty creak, the coach tilted over to the left. Amber grabbed onto Sully with one hand and the hanging hand holders with the other. They swung to the ceiling which now became the wall. Amber planted her feet onto the ceiling's surface, and made sure to suspend Sully so he doesn't end up slamming onto it. She looked down at him with a hint of what seemed to be concern, before once again hearing that clatter. The distinct clatter of metal. She looked up to see the metal slab, sliding loose from the railings of the seats. With one, quick move, she extended her leg just in time to catch the slab as it fell, balancing it on her foot. 

Amber moved her said foot over to Sully, who was below her, and offered the slab to him with a distinct look of 'take it'. It was for protection. They had nothing else, and she could figure something out to defend herself. Her last resort being her powers. Waiting until he took the slab, she lowered Sully down to the seats, which now became the floor, before dropping down herself. She watched the coach door cautiously, her gaze occasionally flicking to the alternative exit. They could probably break it open with the metal slab if things grew out of hand...

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Sully thought himself a man who handled stress well. His flomping about while the car rolled on it's side made him reconsider that opinion. Quickly regaining his bearings on the floor/wall, he took the metal slab, and braced it in front of him. His eyes and hair were a bit wild now, still utterly impressed at the agility of his newfound guardian. Backing towards the rear of the car, he swallowed. 

"Listen, however this works out, I owe you. Big time." 

There was a sudden creaking. As Sully backed up to about level with Amber, the door on the far end of the car flew off, as if grabbed by some invisible hand and tossed down the tunnel. The phone, which had clattered on the floor, lit the coach eerily, the shadowy silhouettes of the couches and crossbars making the chamber an unearthly blue spiderweb of black and azure chrome.
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:22 pm

Amber's eyes remained glued to the door. But she gave a stiff nod in acknowledgement of his words. Her ears were erect on her head, and her shaggy tail stiff. When the door flew off its hinges, out of reflex, she lowered her stance, almost a pounce position. But she quickly straightened herself again. Fortunately, she had great control of her power at that moment, probably because Sully was there. Otherwise, the coach might already be as hot as an oven, or as cold as a meat locker.

She moved in front of the fox with no sound, assuming a defensive position as she slowly took steps back, indirectly commanding him to do the same. Her autumn colored eyes glowed in the darkness like all wolves' eyes do; picking up and reflecting light. She gestured her hand for the door, which was now on the ceiling, and then signed, "Pry it open."

Now Amber was an assassin of stealth, and brute force was never a preferance for her. If was too messy, too loud. Which was why in situations like these, her first choice was obviously flight. But when it comes down to it, she will not hesitate to fight.

For now, that didn't seem necessary however. Thus, crouching down, she locked her fingers together and moved her hands in front of Sully's feet, preparing to give him a boost up in order to force the coach door open. After sharing their parkour experiences, Amber was sure that when and if they got out, they'd have a chance of escape.

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:21 pm

As the door clattered to the ground a long ways down the tunnel, Sully swallowed and quickly followed the command. Eyes glued to the door, he placed his makeshift shield down and hopped up onto Amber's hand. As he fumbled for the emergency release, the railway car groaned ominously. 

Sully pulled the lever, and the door let out a hydraulic sigh. Sully let out a small grunt of jubilation. As he began to force the thing open, the few remaining intact windows of the coach shattered as the groaning grew louder. A few rivets started to pop out of their holes like popcorn.

Noticing this, Sully clambered out the now open door, and stretched out his hand for Amber. He hissed out in a whisper "Cmon! Lets get out of here!" Something was very wrong with this coach. Very very wrong.
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:44 am

An invisible force was charging at them, wanting who knows what for who knows why. And Amber didn't plan on sticking around. She jumped up, grabbing his hand and dangled helplessly. She was worried that his gangly figure won't be able to hold her weight, thus swinging her free hand, she grabbed the ledge of the door and pulled up. Just as the floor beneath her caved in.

Without wasting a moment, she gave Sully's hand a squeeze and pulled him along the length of the tipped over subway, steadily gaining speed. Yet as they ran, the windows behind them began bursting. One by one. Chasing. Amber saw this from the corner of her eyes. 'Better get out.' She thought.

Shifting her gaze to the ceiling, Amber watched, waiting for a sewage pipe or air vent. Anything. A few moments later, her prayer was answered. Just when they were about to run out of train, a rusty sewage pipe came into view and led into an alternative tunnel to the sewers. The best chance they had. She skidded to a halt and pointed frantically at the said pipe, and without waiting for a response, she pulled him against her and practically threw him upwards, hoping he caught the rusty metal and clung.

She jumped up just as the window she stood on burst into shards of glass and dug its way into her skin. Not that she noticed. Yet.

As she caught the sewage pipe, she saw her arms wobble, and noticed the crystalline shards poking into her skin. "Ukh-" She choked. But they had no time. Pulling herself up once again, and helping Sully, she gestured for him to follow and ran to the alternative tunnel the pipe led to. It took balance, and she was limping, but knowing he had just as much parkour experience as she did, she was sure he'd manage. And she just prayed they would somehow find a way out.

However, turning around somewhat, she signed to Sully, "I don't know where I'm going, but we need to find a way out."

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Sully gripped his knees and heaved a bit. He hadn't run like that in years. Thankfully his companion was an excellent guide. He was clumsy, rusty in his stride, but obviously had an obsession in the past. Sully was past his prime, but he still had some fight in him. As their tunnel opened up into a vine-encrusted and crumbling brick tunnel. Across the way, a pillar was engraved with '1874'.

Sully stood up and answered the Wolf's signing. He panted through the whole statement, "I suspect *huff* this is the old *hah* Station City-Squareboro line" Clearing his throat and regaining composure, he continued. "If my history is right, heading...." He got his bearings, visually marking turns with his hands. He finally pointed down the tunnel. "That way would take us to the old Blue Line junction. The station there would be a way out, but take us back to the tunnel we just fled from, albiet, a kilometer down. The other option is to go that way..." He pointed the other direction. "Which would take us all the way to the Levling Blvd terminal. An hour hike, at least." 

He turned to see Amber's opinion, only to see her injuries. "Amber! Good God, are you alright?" Sully quickly strode to her, arms outstretched, but refusing contact in attemptedavoidance  of further injury.
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:57 pm

"Can't turn back." She signed before jumping in surprise at his sudden exclamation. She instinctively glanced at her wounds, and shook her head 'no' as if it was plain as day. She kept running, or trying to, anyway.

Her tired muscles and aching body began to take its toll on her physique, especially now that the adrenaline has worn off. She began to slow and her feet began to drag. She let out another mangled grunt and huff. She gritted her teeth so tightly, she swore she could hear the strain. She may not feel it, but the pain was straining her very being. It felt like being paralyzed, to have muscles made of wire. "Ngh..." 

Her knees bucked and she could practically hear the throb of her wound. She shuffled to her feet again however, though swaying from side to side.

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Sully could tell this wolf was starting to slow, and really needed to slow down more. He grimaced as she slowed to a shuffle, her knees buckling. Sully quickly jogged up next to Amber. Turning to face her, he made the same speech he had given innumerable times before to his brother.

Circling around in front of Amber, Sully blocked her path. He frowned at her and held his ground. There was a firm sympathy in his face, and he looked ready to force her down and help her up all at once. 

"Listen. You need to stop for a minute and get your wounds dressed. You're smarter than this. Your body is telling you to slow down, and your body gives the best advice when it comes to your health. There hasn't been any pursuit so far, and you have a long, long walk ahead of you if we are going up to Levling. I don't care how much of a man you are, you are not gonna walk that distance with wounds like that unchecked. So slow down, sit for a minute, and get fixed up."
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:16 am

Hearing that there was no longer a pursuit, Amber moved her body sideways in one, smooth step, and rest herself against the wall. Sliding down tiredly. Her ears were standing straight on alert, her hand picking out the glass shards as she listened to Sully lecture her on.

She gave a small chuckle when he called her a 'man'. 

'Must be rehearsed.' She thought absently, pocketing the glass shards instead of tossing them. It might come in handy later. After each shard was pulled out, Amber gazed over her cuts, trying to figure out a way to disinfect them.

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:32 pm

Sully nodded and sighed. Good. She was finally stopping. Now to address and dress those wounds. He felt around his pockets, until finally stumbling upon what he was looking for with a grunt of victory. 

He walked over and handed over the small bottle of hand sanitizer. There was a pause, and the Fox gave a short chuckle. "Listen, its not much, but anything sterile could help clean those out." Then he noticed the glass getting pocketed. "What on earth....?"
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Amber took the bottle gratefully, popping the lid and carefully squeezed the solution inside onto the wounds on her arms. Despite its alcholoic content, she did not flinch, wince, or whine even once. She rubbed it on and massaged it in as if it were merely lotion. And to answer his exclamation, she signed, "Back-up weapon. For self-defense. Gotta be smart about the resources we have."

And then she came to the wounds on her legs. Specifically her upper thighs. Amber cleared her throat, "Could you turn around for a moment?"

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:51 pm

It took Sully a moment to process that. When he did get it, his ears perked up, and the businessman said "Oh! Oh, sure, sorry!" 

He quickly turned around, trying to preserve mutual modesty, and a professional attitude. This was a bit of an awkward situation. Certainly not what he was expecting this morning. But then again, a having anything but a low profile in Station Square ensured that every day was an interesting one. He rubbed his nose, a bit bashfully while Autumn dressed her wounds. 

In truth, he was quite impressed at Autumn's fortitude. Not many would simply brush off something like wound-dressing as an everyday thing. In fact, most wouldn't. Even fewer would keep shards of glass around as makeshift weapons. There certainly was something odd about this wolf. From his turned-around position, Sully inquired further. "You're pretty resourceful. Have you had military training or something?"

Then he realized the problem. Amber was a mute, "Erm, just tap me on the shoulder when you are done."
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:57 pm

Upon his question, Amber's ears perked slightly. She didn't know why, but they just did. Her eyes shifted uncomfortably and she was thankful he couldn't see. She currently had her pants pulled down to her knees to address her wounds. She pulled them back up afterwards without a moment's delay, noticing his bashful body language and growing quite flustered herself.

Though she wasn't actually mute (she just really really disliked talking), Amber decided that it would be better if Sully continued to think that. Pocketing the last of the glass shards, she then tapped Sully's shoulder. The wolf carefully crossed her legs and formed sentences in her head about what to say. She wouldn't be lying. Just not mentioning some things. "I used to live on the streets." She signed, leaving out her detainment with G.U.N. "You learn to be resourceful."

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkydude527 on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Sully could tell something was up. She seemed... Embarrassed almost. He couldn't place what exactly was off about her body language or words, but he decided it didn't matter. Chalking up her discomfort to the recent awkwardness of the situation, Sully moved on. 

Nodding, he started to continue towards the old Levling Station. "I feel you there. My parents were immigrants. Its where I picked up my foreign language. Live was pretty tough, but my siblings and I turned out alright." He scratched behind his ears, noticing them flicking nervously. He was still a little frazzed from the escape, and the recent bandaging did nothing to help his focus. "I think that resourcefulness actually helps in everyday stuff. I mean, you aren't on streets anymore, right?"
Funkydude527
Funkydude527
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:32 am

She closed her eyes as his words flowed in, processed, and memorized. Once he finished, Amber opened her eyes once again, acknowledging his question with a shake of her head. "No, not anymore." And she preferred to leave it at that. Her past was something she would rather bury and leave far behind, never to find again. Heaving a slight exhale, she propped her back against the wall once again; eyes wandering to the details of the brick tunnel and the sounds and smells that it bore.

It was damp and made her feel claustrophobic. But still, her body was too tired to move. They felt heavy and her movements were slow, restrained. She didn't like it. "I'm sorry. I think I need to rest longer." Amber signed to Sully once again. "I'm worried that thing would eventually catch up to us. But I don't think I'd be able to keep us hopping this time."

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum