A rather complex RP idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A rather complex RP idea

Post by Relative Degree on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:58 pm

I got the idea for a roleplay around a week ago, but only decided to post it now. 

So, the basic premise would be the following - one or more characters find out that the police of Central City is investigating a rather difficult case and are looking for volunteers to help them, as either investigators or detectives. The characters meet up at the same police station and decide to team up and solve it. (Though not exactly required, it'll be much easier of the characters team up, rather than having lone wolves roam Central City)

The case is actually made out of three, smaller events, that happened on the same day, though it is unclear how they are connected.

The first event (althrough not directly investigated by the police) centers around a meteor found in a garden behind a house near the outskirts of the city. The police officers have the area around the crater locked up as a quarantine zone and don't allow anyone in, due to fear from cosmic radiation.

The second event is the disappearance of a girl that lived in the house near where the meteor fell. Her parents reported strange behavior before she disappeared.

The final event is the sudden appearance of a destructive entity, reffering to itself as Solaris (not to be confused with the canon Solaris). The entity managed to cause havoc in one of Central City's streets before wandering away and disappearing into the night. It is reported to be very dangerous and, due to stealing a sword from one of the houses, armed. It also possesses sun-based powers, but the extent of these powers if unknown. Thanfully, no one was seriously hurt.

The character Solaris would antagonise the detectives (or investigators) throughout the whole RP. I won't say much about the plans I have for it for now, but it'll basically be a bit of detective work, a bit of fighting and of understanding and decision-making.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Relative Degree
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Re: A rather complex RP idea

Post by Spekkal on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:03 pm

I'd be interested! I have an investigator character myself who I tend to use in these sorts of RPs. I'm always up for some clue-solving mysteries.

Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Relative Degree on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Okay. I'm glad someone wants to participate in the idea. ^_^

However, before the RP starts, I'm gonna have to wait for one or two more people to join in.

Relative Degree
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:01 pm

I have a character that might work.

Though she is concidered a criminal in the eyes of law, I think she'd work in this. (Any excuse to have cops off her back will work)

Legend Member
Legend Member

http://kk-afterbrun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Relative Degree on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:07 pm

Alright. I'll get to establing the RP in Anything Roleplays. It'll take some time for me to write the first, introductory reply, though.

Relative Degree
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:44 am

Yooooo is it too late to join in? It would be awesome if this could be my char's first thread. But since she is an assassin, would it be alright if her case were to hunt down Solaris? (So event 3) I think it would be interesting since Solaris has sun-based powers, and my char Amber is unable to feel heat because of her dead nerves from her thermokinesis (heat controlling ability).
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relative Degree on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Hmm, an assassin? This is not exactly a RP fitting for an assassin, but I'm curious as to how you'll pull it off. However, due to the RP revolving around detective work, you'll have to have your character refrain from assassination and instead use other, non-lethal skills. It's a search, not a hunt. 

If you're okay with that, welcome aboard.

The RP has a posting order based on who wanted to participate in the RP first and with you as the last participant, you'll go after KK-Afterbrun, or in other words, last. Have fun  Very Happy

Relative Degree
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:40 am

Yes, I completely understand. While Solaris is antagonizing detectives, Amber will be on his trail, trying to figure out where he is and where he will go from clues he left behind from one crime scene to another so she may cross roads with the others. She won't be doing killing as much as a hunter is going after his kill. Is that ok?

Imagine being d e a f but wanting to h e a r music.

Imagine a room of c o l o r s but seeing only black & white.

Welcome to my world.

My name is Amber Wolfe
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Relative Degree on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:56 am

Yep.  Have fun with the RP Very Happy
Relative Degree
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down