Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SSBB: Project M - Dolphin Emulator

4 posters

Go down

SSBB: Project M - Dolphin Emulator Empty SSBB: Project M - Dolphin Emulator

Post by Caliburn Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:01 pm

Okay so I've been recently doing tournament level battles on Super Smash Bros, specifically the emulator version of Project M.

Below is a guide I created myself. If you follow the steps below you're guaranteed success. It works for everyone else, why not you too?

If you're interested in playing Project M, which is a Brawl modification, and lack a Nintendo Wii like myself, then follow the steps!

Guide:

---Super Smash Brothers Brawl: Project Melee---
--ISO Edition--

>Requirements! (Before you start)
-Dolphin (The easy netplay version and stuff!) https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/c5b1ec3329d47006bfddb381f730ad4310528b00/
-Any kind of Torrent software (to download the Brawl ISO). Example: uTorrent. http://www.utorrent.com/
-A Brawl ISO. Must be USA version, and 8GB. Preferably this one. http://torrentbay.to/torrent/70581-super-smash-bros-brawl-usa-wii-english
-The Project M ISO Builder http://www.mediafire.com/download/bumjjo3vnuqzy8h/Project_M_ISO_Builder_3-01_FULL.zip
-Project M itself http://projectmgame.com/en/download/dl.php?f=homebrew_full

>Steps to Success!
1. First things first, you want to make a folder on your desktop. (Specifically desktop to have minimal risk of issues) Call it Project M Builder.
2. Make a copy of the Brawl ISO. Might seem pointless, but it's worth it, trust me. Put it somewhere safe.
3. Put the original Brawl ISO you made a copy of into the Project M Builder folder.
4. Copy and paste the contents (or extract, derp) of the ISO builder into the Project M Builder folder.
5. Extract the contents of the homebrew zip into the Project M Builder folder.
6. Run Build_ISO v3.1.
7. Follow EXACTLY this: Press any key to continue. When it comes up the prompts for a number and to press enter, make sure you do the numbers like this:
1, 1, 2, 1 (optional, 2 for no custom banner, doesn't matter), and double check to make sure the order is correct. Press 1 and enter again to confirm.
It'll start to build the ISO itself. Leave to run for a while. It should automatically complete.
=DO NOT RUN THE BATCH FILE AS AN ADMINISTRATOR!=
8. Move the Project M Builder folder into your Dolphin Emulator folder.
9. Add a path to the Project M Builder folder in Configure, Paths.
10. If done correctly, Project M AND Brawl should both show up as an option in the ISO selection.
Congratulations, you should be good to go!
Enjoy.

>Recommended!
-Rename -Brawl.iso to RSBE01 to help the batch file use it more efficiently.
-Place Project M Builder (the folder you're making) on the DESKTOP. This removes the risk of the batch failing. (At least, makes it less likely by a mile)
-Do NOT run the batch file as an administrator or it will NOT find the files. For some reason.
-Read over the steps a few times to be extra safe.
-Never, ever, EVER EVER EVER make a save file for Project M. This makes sure you have all characters from the start. And you can access the modded ones.

>Netplay!
Built in with the version of Dolphin I've included in the guide. c:

---

>List of people with the above mod:
Burning-Fox (DUH.)
...More to come? Maybe? :c
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

SSBB: Project M - Dolphin Emulator Empty Re: SSBB: Project M - Dolphin Emulator

Post by Guest Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Its a damn shame this Mod isn't available on EU Wii\Wii U. Plus my computer being broken just now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:28 pm

I'll consider it ^^ Doubt my comp will be able to run it though xD
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:53 am

I will get it. When I buy a Gamecube to PC adapter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilime Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:51 am

I tried using it once, but I experienced a large number of frame-rate drops so I gave up. I know I could get it working eventually, but so far my interest isn't that high. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, as I, like many others, preferred Melee to Brawl.

Wilime
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GYARA Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:31 pm

Does that work with the Patt Version of Project M?

GYARA
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down