CYOA: Escape the Temple!

 :: Everything else :: Archives :: ???

Go down

CYOA: Escape the Temple! Empty CYOA: Escape the Temple!

Post by Tyson_the_Comet on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:31 am

[Okay, so if you don't know what Choose Your Own Adventure is, this is basically a game in which you control the character's actions to keep things moving. The way this works, is that I set up a scenario, and based on that scenario, you have to give an action for the character to do. I will use a random number generator to pick who's action I will use. For example, if there is a set of stairs to the left, you might want to say "Head to the stairs on the left". However, in this CYOA, actions will be taken in a different form. They must be in this format:


>Head to the stairs on the left<


I know this is different from most CYOA, but I just wanted to be unique, alright? Alright, have fun!]




You wake up to find yourself lying face down on smooth sandstone in triangular patterns. Your head is faced to the left, so you notice a few torches to the far right of a wall... that wall is littered with many pictures and inscriptions, which where written in some language you don't know. The place you're in must be so large, because you can't even see the ceiling yet. You can hear the sound of... swirling sand? It seems to be coming from something ahead of him.




After blinking once or twice, you sit up. The walls seemed to be tilted and faced in a certain way, making it seem as if you were inside a pyramid of some sort. Those walls also had tons of the pictures and inscriptions. To the north, there were 3 fairly small sandstone pillars, each of them with an indent in the middle. Maybe something could fit in them.




You look up, and your assumptions are right. The ceiling is just a small square, compared to how large the floor was, leading to the fact that you are, indeed, inside of a pyramid. Looking back to the floor, the patterns seem to be in a perfect circle from where you had passed out on.




You look to your left, and there is a set of stairs leading up. You can't see the end from here. To your right, there's a set of stairs leading down. You can't see the end of those stairs either. Behind you is a long hallway, leading to a door, which appears to be made either out of limestone or wood. You couldn't tell, neither could you remember what happened in the first place. Cliche amnesia, you think to yourself.




You dust yourself off, before thinking about what to do next. You're clearly a gray-ish fox, with rings of blue fur occasionally running across your legs and arms. You have orange eyes, gray ears and a puffy silver tail, bands of blue also ringed across it. You're wearing blue cargo shorts, an orange t-shirt, a compass/watch on your left wrist, and a black backpack. It's obviously full of things, things that sadly you don't remember putting in there, adding a bit of weight to your back, but not too much to bother you. You notice a brown summer hat on the ground, and remember that it's yours. You pick it up, and place it on your head, familiar that you own it. Your mind goes blank for a minute when you try to remember what happened. All you remember is your name, Shawn Neil, and that you're an explorer and a treasure hunter.




There's a stairway East and West. South is a long hallway leading to a door. North is 3 pillars with strange indents in them. What do you do?


INVENTORY:
Backpack [Full]
Compass/Watch
Hat


Last edited by Tyson_the_Comet on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
TTC~!


You can find me on discord too! Dance Dance Gregolution#7044 
Tyson_the_Comet
Tyson_the_Comet
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 466
Join date : 2014-04-29
Age : 19
Location : South Carolina, USA

Back to top Go down

CYOA: Escape the Temple! Empty Re: CYOA: Escape the Temple!

Post by Spekkal on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:45 pm

>Carefully examine the pictures and inscriptions on the wall<

_________________
CYOA: Escape the Temple! 006s 

Back to top Go down

CYOA: Escape the Temple! Empty Re: CYOA: Escape the Temple!

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:12 am

>Check what is inside your backpack
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1381
Join date : 2012-12-08
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

CYOA: Escape the Temple! Empty Re: CYOA: Escape the Temple!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: Everything else :: Archives :: ???

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum