Where did you come from?

Go down

Where did you come from? Empty Where did you come from?

Post by Midknight on Fri May 16, 2014 11:23 pm

Wasn't quite sure where to put this......ACH.

I was curious as to where you guys came from, and when I sat that I mean, what was your first RP Site? Is it embarrassing to remember? Do you still go there? Did you make good friends there? Is the site still active? Or was SRN your first site? Let us know~!

Funnily enough -Well I find it funny-, I came from a Viva Pinata Forum called 'Pinata Island'. In a lot of ways, it was like this site, just take a way the furries with crazy powers and replace them with....Pinata-Species from Viva Pinata that went on crazy adventures. It had a very fun community filled with a lot of memorable people, which sadly I can no longer get in contact with anymore :c I went by the username "ThePretztailGuy". As at the time, my friend who introduced me to the site was called "TheFudgehogGuy" and me being 11 and stupid thought it would cool to practically COPY his name xD

Unfortunately, after going to 'visit' the site, I seen that the site had been shut down, and was no longer active or even accessible. I was genuinely quite upset by this, I don't know why..It might be because it was the website that introduced me to RPing, and as silly as it sounds to have been a part of a Viva Pinata community, I made a lot of memories and good friends there, and I still vividly remember some of the RP's we had back in the day.

So what's your story? Where did YOU come from?

EDIT: Woop woop, 140th Post, now an 'Advanced Member' with boob bat.
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Where did you come from? Empty Re: Where did you come from?

Post by Blazingshadows on Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 pm

I started on Toontown, a Disney game that was..... never meant for roleplay.  It was a game where you were a toon, which was basically an animal (basic ones, like cats, dogs, horses, etc), and you fought the cogs (corporate robots) with gags (pies, squirt guns, pianos, etc). That's all it was meant for.  Getting the most laff (health) and finishing all of the toontasks (missions) , and making friends.  

The roleplay started with Warrior Cat clans.  There were the four real ones, and then other fan ones.  Soon, sonic roleplay groups started springing up.  I ended up joining one.  Some of the people were canon characters, but others were fan characters.  My first character was either Mist the Wolf or Spirit the Hedgehog, but I'm not sure.  My first friend was Shade the Hedgehog.  We were like BFFS.  Then, I met Dark the Hedgehog.  He was an amazing roleplayer, and I admit that I had a crush on him.  We became really good friends as well, but at the time he was 'married' in roleplay to Rouge the Bat (there weren't any rules, we mixed up the canon and fcs as much as we wanted).  We pushed the edges of their marriage...  a lot (not in like, awkward ways, it was a kids site!).  

It would have stayed like that, but Dark left the site, and I basically stopped using my sonic roleplay toons for a while.  In September of 2013, Toontown was shut down so they could focus on Club Penguin.  I hate to admit it, but I cried.  I grew up with that site!  After that, I ended up finding Dark on Deviantart, but we don't really talk anymore.  

I started writing a fanfiction on deviantart, but it didn't get really far.  Then, I found this site and I'm just like "YUS!"  and joined as fast as possible.  

Well, that's basically my story.

Trying to hide is futile
Ding Dong
Hurry, open the door
I have come for you
It's already too late to run, dear
Peering through your window,
Our eyes met out of pure luck
You're too frozen in fear
I want to see you up close
Blazingshadows
Blazingshadows
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn on Sat May 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Oddly enough, I never ever had a single roleplay site where roleplays were actually... done prior to this one.

Let me reveal my history in brief.

Originally, I played the game, Garry's Mod. Yes, it was a wonderful game, it kicked total ass and was just in general awesome. It still does somewhat, but now it's a bit.... meh. The 13th major update screwed it over.

I spent countless hours on that game, and basically I used to go around on Sandbox and create havoc all of the time, my ambition was silly; to be able to fire a nuclear bomb. I got admin on several servers, and all of that jazzle. Man it was great. Razz

Then eventually, I got bored of Sandbox for a while and moved onto a thing called Stranded, which was a survival based island thing. Pretty neat, it was. I was the best on the server in no time, and kept getting loads and loads of resources and had a full team of people everytime.

I heard people briefly talking about something called Underdone, which is an RPG gamemode. Honestly, I found it so fun that started to take my time away instead.

By this point, I'd already had like 30+ Steam Friends and it was steadily growning still, all of which I'd talked to a load. None of those were roleplayers though, besides one.

That one person joined the Underdone server one fateful day, and started to talk about something called New Vegas. I was confused, and asked about it. Apparently it was some sort of post-apocalyptic roleplay thing. I was vaguely familiar with roleplay, and gave it a shot when they asked me to come along. I had no idea what Fallout was at that point, and I was literally just making things up off the top of my head. Looking back it's cringeworthy.

That server lasted a good... five months, and I had a load of characters that were all human and had no powers or supernatural stuff. More just ordinary.

And then the server decided it would be great to actually turn itself off, and that was the end of my roleplaying history on Garry's Mod. At least for a while.

There were several revival groups after that point, blah blah, and I decided to say screw it for a while and played more Prop Hunt. (DREGAN KNOWS WHAT I MEAN.)

I then found a server called TRP. Well, not found, more invited there. And I barged in, and amazed the owner with RPing skills. And that was the first server I was ever made a Super Admin on. I spent 16 full hours of one of my days on that server, watching over everyone and stuff. I got a beautiful comment saying that I was the best Admin the server ever had.

And then came ZARP, which took up a lot longer than all of the others. And then the character I'd had for a full year, Phantom, was reborn in the server. (I brought him back on SFU, actually, but as a Mobian. Then I had to rename him to Reaper. And then I made him a demon and all this shit. Seriously, I have a complicated history.) His full name was Zakhaev Vibius, which was actually based off a Legion name I got in a previous server. (And that name transfered onto Reaper for a little while until I decided to make him Reaper Nox Umbra for easiness.)

Along came James Serenus and Alex McLinden after that, too. (McLinden is Sam's surname, too. As well as Crazy's. And a few others.)

In fact, so many things originated from those servers...

Finally, after ZARP died... after the forum shut down where only discussions happened, after hacks to the server had happened, and after a long lasting legendary history of epic roleplaying, and after one kick-ass finale...

I thought to myself. "I like roleplaying. I like Sonic. I wonder, has that actually been DONE before?!"

One quick stop searching through Google, and I found several dead forums... but at the bottom...

"Sonic Roleplay Nation."

And well, yeah, a load of stuff happened since then, but that's how I got here!

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight on Sat May 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Super interesting hearing this, cause everyone has a different story xD Didn't you also used to go on Fallout RP Sites, Burn? I recall you, or maybe someone else mentioning that at some point
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn on Sat May 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Negative, I never touched a specific Fallout RP site. I went on a Fallout FORUM, which was ABOUT a roleplay server. But no roleplays EVER took place on the forum, so I don't really count it. Though in character faction apps were made on it. I dunno. Still don't count it.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Knuxtiger4 on Sat May 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Oddly enough, I started out my first roleplays on the Neopets forums of all places and also where my username I use everywhere came from.  I was thirteen and used to RP there a lot and joined a few guilds there which were RP based.  When I look back it, I cringe since I was probably a horrible RP player back then.

I moved on a few years later to deviantART where I actually kept and still keep in contact with most of the people I met on Neopets.  I actually do go back on the site from time to time but I don't RP there anymore, just go there to take care of things and such.  The site is very much active... out to get your money and such.  Its been a while since I went over there to be honest.

As of how I ended up on SRN, it was a very silly night back in January.  Lady and Uncanny were mentioning a few things and one thing led to another and I ended up joining here~
Knuxtiger4
Knuxtiger4
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Light on Sat May 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Walls of text time.

My journey started six years ago (2008 for you readers from the distant future) when a Flash game displayed on one site was actually linked to and hosted on another.  This second site was the fairly renowned Kongregate.  I came for the games, I stayed for the achievements.  Accordingly, most of the time (even in my internet naivete) I spent in the top room on the list, named after overachievers.  There I found semi-fertile ground for interest and started learning the very basics of poorly-written RP.  I might still be posting that badly were it not for the fact that I already had a writing background.

After about a year and a half, most of my acquaintances from the room had moved on and the conditions were going from bad to worse because chat disciplinary measures had become jokes.  I didn't really want to leave the site, but the chat-room was a mess and I didn't want to start over in another room...after some looking around, I saw a promising section in the site fora: the Forum Games Forum.  At FGF, I learned about various forum games...but more importantly, I learned my first formal RP style (first person progressive) and learned some of the basic rules of good RP, as well as having some successes in running my own FGs.

A few months later, I was leaning back towards games and wound up in a multiplayer puzzle game involving mice and physics.  (If you have any idea what I'm talking about, you can have a piece of cheese.)  From there, I happened to enter a rapidly-developing community for this game which was advertising itself a bit on Kong.  This community became a Forumotion forum (about four years ago, 2010) and I'm still in contact with a few of the members.  One of them in particular, though, is relevant to the story because he was also a Sonic fan.  He caused me to realize that the Sonic fandom was a lot larger than I had expected...before I go on, though, I should mention that I started learning narration skills around this time.

A search engine brought me to Sonic Blast.  Nowadays, I'm not that huge a fan of the place, and even then I had some issues, but in my looking around I found a very newly-placed advertisement for another Sonic forum, which (unlike SB) was hosted on Forumotion.  I got into Sonic Pros as its fifth member and became very involved from September 5th, 2010, when it started, up until August 31st, 2012, when it shut down.  There were a lot of ups and downs, and twice I left for two months.  If you want some examples of what happened the first year, go read this.  SP did a lot to help me along my path - I had two years as a cBox moderator and a little less than a year of weekly newspapers - yes, SP was the birthplace of the SST.  I also formulated a lot of my ideas and concepts with the help of other members.

The forum ended, but thanks to contingency plans (because the forum was going downhill) a lot of the members moved on together to another Forumotion forum.  I chose not to do so, but I did keep in touch with a few through private forums.  I kept changing and building ideas, and occasionally returned to places I'd been before, if only to visit.  For a while, it eventually became me keeping contact with very few...but about a year ago (early 2013) I heard from a couple of those few (I think first Solar, then also Cyril) about another Sonic forum, devoted mostly to RP.  I made a note of the link, but at the time wasn't ready to start into another place.  Come August, though, I decided to go through with it...and I've been around since.

That actually wasn't that bad of a wall.
Quiet Light
Quiet Light
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 17, 2014 8:15 pm

My first roleplay site was a site called "Dragon Ball Universe" Back when I had no idea about the difference between RP and fanfiction. I made a stupid character that was related to a canon character(Embarrassing :I) Then made some fics and what not before thinking: "I wonder if theres other sites but no Dragon Ball?" Thus I googled it, and this was front page. Then I invited Mid so I take credit for him being here.....I'm sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator on Sun May 18, 2014 2:11 pm

I started RPing on a forum way back in 2000 . It was a danny phantom fancharacter thing and it was a middle school and it was all fun.

Joined a few people on IM and we RPed there. Got into bigger groups that Rped on IM and did so till...3 years ago?

Moved onto Dragon Riders of Pern forums for well a year and a half, even ran my own forum that lasted a year.

Joined SRU after that which was Slade's RP forum. And when that was dying moved to here. So that's everything in my case summarized because like hell I am typing 10 year out in great detail
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by -Karma- on Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Well, this is amazing :3.
Heres my story.

I started out on two sites one of them was Pe2k a website operated by Bulbagarden I still have a account there if you want to find me. It was half role-play half news and I made tons of new friends during some of the rp events.
After a while it went down then it came back up. But however I got bored and whenever I did that I came to a site now known as Parallel lives which started out as Sonic Rp 2012.

It was amazing the wealth of people I found there and the friends I made, even some people I called brother and sisters, like Uncanny, Tank, Spark, Aqua, and Slade
Eventually the place started to die so most of us moved to this site; SonicRpNation which the account I started was at about the same time I started my last two accounts.

Now I'm pretty sure this wasn't interesting for you guys to read but I just though I would like to share, thanks for this opportunity :3

Last edited by Karmaover9000 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Lol
-Karma-
-Karma-

Back to top Go down

Post by CyanFox on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:44 pm

It's really cool to see that many of you all didn't start with Sonic, but actually started with something else at first.

Okay, let's do this.

Three years ago, Yes I am low on experience, Boubka found a mysterious site named: "DeviantArt". You guys probably never heard about it so I'll explain what it is. It's a site where people post their beautiful art and they sometimes ask money for it to make 'Commisions'. Well, why was this Boubka guy here then? He doesn't have any drawing skills at all! Well, Boubka was a casual fan of this thing called 'Sonic The Hedgehog', but his friends were all Call of Duty players that always laughed about this childish Sonic the Hedgehog. But he wanted to discuss things about Sonic! Because he was totally radical! He found some people and actually started to roleplay with a person. But this person came from 'Murica and she rarely wanted to roleplay at all. So, after one year, Boubka searched for a Sonic Roleplay site. And now, Boubka is still here, annoying the PG-13 out of all you Sonic Roleplayers.

Hope you liked my story.

(Sorry I am very late. I never saw this topic ^^Wink

My beautiful profile picture was drawn by the fabulous and spectacular Uncanny-Illustrator!
CyanFox
CyanFox
Staff
Staff

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by lady-tragedy on Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:58 pm

I started off on a wonderfully magical place called neopets back in 2004. Roleplay was a foreign concept to me then and I just happened to happen upon one that was posted in the wrong forum. But it got me interested into visiting the neopets rp forums.

I made a lot of friends on neopets and at 12/13 years old I was the youngest in the group. But it was cool, they werre a friendly bunch and at some point msn adresses were exchanged and most of my roleplaying moved to Ims

Then there was a little stint where one of those friends had a rp forum, but back then I didn't have much of a concentration span for that.

In 2005 I came across a place which name I can't really remember. But it fell victim to hackers in 2007. I also started my own forum in 2006, which I ran for 3 years and then left to one of my admins because I felt I needed a break from sonic

Enter the Dragonriders of Pern fandom and the lovely clusterfuck that turned out to be, Ran a few rp forums for that, one which survived a good 2 years so go me on that, but all things must come to an end and I must say I went out with a bang. 

Aaand I think I joined this place in 2011 or 2012? can't remember, need to check my joindate for that. Got involved with Spark, Burn,Slade and Aqua. Slade started his own forum, I joined and dragged Uncanny along for the ride

then that died and we moved back here 8D yaaaay

lady-tragedy
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:51 pm

Hmm.... Where should I begin? To be exact, I'm not sure where I originally started. What I do know is that I started at Neopets on either 2007 or 2008. It was a curious concept to me. Then I found Toontown in either 2009 or 2010 and then some other roleplaying sites, such as the Warrior cats roleplaying site in the same year. I actually didn't start roleplaying until 2011 where I found an RPG game related to Sonic. This is where my roleplaying skills began to develop. I was always a literate roleplayer, in which I still am today. I discovered this site in about 2012, where I discovered this site. Today, I still enjoy being here, but now I'm not as active because of me being busy. It's a long story, really...

Last edited by Mephiles the Dark on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I messed the year up. Bleh....)
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

http://lozskullkid.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum