Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters) Empty Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 pm

Chapter 01: Mysterious Customer.
It was the long of a long day and Jewels gave a low yawn. The next day she was going on a short vacation and she was looking forward to it. Jewels watched as the last of the day's customers exited the cafe. "Julie." called her boss walking in with her coat. "Yes mam." smiled Jewels. "Could you close the cafe tonight." said her boss, "I have to make it to the store for some last minite items." "No problem, mam." smiled Jewels. "Have a good vacation, Julie." called her boss as she rushed out the door. Jewels walked about the cafe cleaning the tables and picking up the tips the customers left. 'Boo..Only four bucks..." she thought with dismay. As she walked to the door to lock it, an old woman motioned to stop. Jewels looked at the time and, dispite it being pass closing time, she let the woman in. The woman ordered a coffee and a small sandwich to go and Jewels set about making it. "You are such a kind young girl.." creaked the old woman. Jewels smiled as she gave her the food and drink. "With taxes it's four fifty." said Jewels. The old woman checked about her purse and pockets and said "Oh dear...I..Don't seem to have enough to give you a tip with that..." She gave Jewels the money and turned to leave when she turned and said "Wait. I have something you might like."  The old woman handed Jewels a black bracelet made of obsidian with black pear inlays. "Wow!" said Jewels with some shock, "This must be expensive...Are you sure?" The old woman smiled. "You can have it deary." she creaked, "You took the time out of your evening to help me." "Why thank you." smiled Jewels with a bow. Jewels watched the old woman leave and put the bracelet in on. She then locked the cafe up before heading home for the night. Jewels looked over the her new piece of jewelry with amazement. "Hey Jewels!" came a voice behind her. Jewels turned to see her friend Jessica running up to her. "Hey Jess!" said Jewels cheerfully. "You took your time to close up the cafe." smiled Jess, "A last minite customer?" "Yeah and she tipped me well." laughed Jewels, showing Jess the bracelet. "Wow!" said Jess in awe, "That's nice! But tell me, is that gooney Gator still trying to get you back." "That scaly skinned thug?" snorted Jewels, "He is still trying, but I'm not interested in that worthless pair of boots!" Jess suddenly took a step back and said "Um..Are you o.k., Jewels?" "Huh?!" said Jewels with surprise. "I've never heard you talk like that before..." said Jess, "Even when we talk about that scumbag Lars." Jewels was stayed quiet for a moment before saying "Maybe I should go an blow off some steam...I suddenly feel stressed out. I'll see you around, Jess." "Bye Jewels!" called Jess as Jewels walked away, "Have a good vacation!" Jewels reached her small apartment and hopped onto the couch. 'What came over me...' she thought as she started to watch t.v. She layed down, cuddled her tail and slowly drifted to sleep. A very strange dream filled Jewels's sleep. It was dark and creepy. Thing she had never seen before. Monsters attacked her and Jewels suddenly rolled off the couch. 'Ow!" she thought as she checked herself. She noticed the bracelet was glowing. "What's.." she started to mutter as she tried to remove the bracelet from her arm. However the bracelet would not come off and then there was a sudden flash and a portal opened. "Huh?! Nnnooo!.!" paniced Jewels in a scream as the portal sucked her in.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://kk-afterbrun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters) Empty Re: Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Chapter 02: Island Awakening.
Jewels felt water slowly splashing her face as she awoke. She had blacked out when the portal took her and she looked around herself. She found herself on a deserted beach. "Where am I?" she mumbled as she got to her feet. An eerie wind blew across the beach as Jewels looked back and forth to get her bearings. Suddenly a dark laugh echoed along the wind. "Eep!" jumped Jewels as she grabbed her tail and started to brush it to calm her nerves. "Please let this be a dream, Please let this be a dream!...." she mumbled. The skies above her started to darken and a distant sound of thunder called from the sea. 'I..I got to find shelter...' thought Jewels nervously. Slowly Jewels headed inland as the storm approched. As she left the beach, Jewels found a book on the ground near an old tree. "What's this?" she mumbled as she picked it up. The echo of thunder reminded her that she needed to find shelter and she noticed something off in the distance. It looked to be some ruins of a shrine or something. Jewels rushed towards them and got to the edge of them just as the rain started to dance downwards. Jewels manage to find one building with it's roof still intacted and entered it. Cobwebs and dust clogged the air as the musty smell drained into her nose. "cough!" cursed Jewels as she cleaned a small spot to sit down in. Jewels examined the book she found, it's leather cover worn and stiff. She opened it and started to read it. 'Day 15; A storm wreaked our ship on this unknown island. Over half the crew is missing and persumed to be dead, yet we have somehow survived. Biggins believes that our cargo, which he believes is cursed, caused this disaster. I will have none of this tomfoolery and I plan to explore this island to it's extremes. Day 18; Morse and Josè have vanished within the vast forest to the north east. I suspected that we are not alone on this island. Biggins still speaks of getting rid of our cargo as that is what seems to hold us here. Nonsence! Day 20; Biggins is dead. His body was found near the caves to the north west. He had tried to steal the relics and flee into the caves when a massive stone crushed him. The relics had survived, however and I'm starting to think he might have been right. The bodies of Morse and Josè have also been found within the clearing in the forest. The other still beg of me to cast the relics to the sea, but I cannot do such a thing. Day 25; A large manor was discovered in the eastern part of the island. Beyond it was a chapel with a large graveyard. Yet there is still no sign of life around. But yet death hangs around with a dark grasp. Day 29; Zek and Franz were killed in a landslide in the canyon to the northeast. As the last of the crew I have taken it upon myself to hide the Black Relics. I fear the Biggins was right. Day 31; I tire from these days. I have hidden the relics across this accursed isle and pray that no one finds them. To whomever reads this, I am François Bloch, First Officer of the Blackmire. And I beg of you to leave before this island takes your very life.' Jewels closed the book hard with fear. "How am I going to get out of here." she screeched in sadness. A ghostly white hand grasped Jewels on her shoulder and Jewels jumped around to see a ghost of a fox girl floating behind her. Jewels let out a horrified scream.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters) Empty Re: Jewels of the Cursed Isle (51 Chapters)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Chapter 03: A Ghostly Prank.
"A..A GHOST!!!" cried Jewels as she turned to run out of the ruins. "Wait!" called the ghost with a childish voice. The ghost darted in front of Jewels and said "Please hold it!" Jewels slowly backed away from the ghost. "I didn't think I scared you that bad." said the ghost with a frown. "W..Wh..Who..Are you?" said Jewels nervously. "I'm Jacky." said the ghost, "It's been a long time since I've seen another person on Cursed Isle. At least with that much fear." "Wh..What do you want?" stammered Jewels. "I want to help you." said Jacky with a smile. Jewels still was frighten by the ghost as Jacky said with a sad tone "I was brought here to Cursed Isle long ago by a freak storm. Till the day I died, I looked for anyway to escape this place. But it seems that even death cannot release me from this place." The ghost suddenly fixated on the bracelet that Jewels was wearing. "Where did you get that?" asked Jacky, pointing at the bracelet. Jewels looked at the bracelet and stammered, "S..Someone g..g..Gave it to me..." "I..I see.." muttered the ghost with a tone of sadness, "I thought I tossed it into the sea so no one could ever find it." Jewels started to settle down and asked "Did you try to call for help?" Jacky noticed the book and said "I would be unable to. The Black Relics prevent anyone from leaving this place." "Huh?" said Jewels in confusion. "The Black Relics are said to have once belonged to a powerful sorcerer." explained Jacky, "Each one on their own has the power to hold sevral people in a place for eternity. Only when someone finds them can their dark spell be lifted. However, if one collects all four, the power within them could drive many to insanity. Only a very few people could hold more then just one. Before I had received that Bracelet that you now wear, I was seeking to find out the mystrey of what had happened to my Great Uncle Biggins. Now I know why. I must beg of you to flee this place, But I know that is impossible." "You must be right..." said Jewels with sadness, lowering her head, "Even if I find them... Who's to say that I won't loss my mind in the process..." Suddenly Jewels looked up and added "But you said something before! It's was a long time since you've seen someone with as much fear as I do. What did you mean by that?!" "There are others here." said Jacky, "But they seem cruel and hell bent on using the Black Relics for evil things.." "How many others are there?" asked Jewels. "Around seven." said Jacky, thinking about it, "I've seen only three of them and they are mean. By the way, what's your name?" "Oh I'm sorry." jumped Jewels with embarousment, "My name is Julie, but my friends call me Jewels. "That's a beautiful name." smiled Jacky. "You said you've only seen three..." continued Jewels, "That doesn't mean that the other four are evil." "What are you thinking..." said Jacky nervously. "If I can't hold more then one," explained Jewels, "And the only way off this island is to find them, I would try to get some of these other people to help me." Jacky floated back and forth and pondered what Jewels was saying. "I think you might be right. It's the only way that I can see. I will help you as much as I can. Follow me!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Chapter 04: The Search Begins.
The ghost passed through the wall into the larger part of the ruin. Jewels exited the part she was in and saw the rain had stopped but the sky was still very dark. Jacky poked her head out from the wall and called "Come around here." Jewels ran around the wall and saw a small staircase going down. "Down here!" called Jacky as she floated down the stairs. Jewels followed her down the stairs and said "Where are you headed?" "Just follow me." chanted Jacky as she passed through a door at the bottom of the stair. Jewels got to the door and pushed it open. To her surprise a small bedroom stood on the other side of the door. "What.." muttered Jewels as she entered. A small bed, neatly made rested at one end of the room, flanked by two dressers. A desk stood along the back wall and a bench stood along the side to Jewels's left. "This is my place." smiled Jacky, sitting on the bed, "Well...When I was alive of course. I used what I could find around the island when I thought it would be a while to get off it. There's a map of the island on the desk. I found it in the shipwreck." Jewels walked over to the desk and looked at the map. The hand drawn map had the island shaped like a bird and there were many spots that were marked up. The handwriting was the same as the one from the book she had found, but there were other scribbles on the map as well. "Um..What's with all the marks?" asked Jewels. Jacky floated towards her and said with cheer "I made those scribbles. These are the names I gave to all the places on the island." "Where do you think François Bloch would have hidden the Black Relics?" asked Jewels. "Hmm..." said Jacky rubbing her ghostly chin, "I don't know...But I may have something that may help find at least one. Gimme a sec." Jacky entered her desk then her two dressers while muttering "Where is that thing..." She flew into her bed and popped out saying "Found it!" In her ghostly hands was a scrap of paper with some writing on it. "I could not figure out what this poem was saying." she said sheepishly. Jewels looked at the the poem. 'On ground that does not grow, Stone stick like weeds. Dark shrouds cover all but the Holy light. He who passes in secret can drink to peace of mind.' "It's weird, isn't it?" said Jacky, "It doesn't even rhyme." "Hm..." muttered Jewels with her hand on her chin. She then suddenly snapped her fingers. "Of course!" she exclaimed, "I think I know where the first Relic is!" Jacky was taken aback by this and said "What?! Where?!" "At the graveyard on the eastern part of the island!" said Jewels pointing where Jacky had scribbled Goulyard, "That book I found mentioned that there's a chapel there. What is ment by a black shroud must mean a curtin within the chapel that hides a secret passage!...." "That's great!" cheered Jacky. "But.." said Jewels, "I don't know what I'm looking for." "I might!" said Jacky, sticking her hand into the desk and pulling out a small document, "This is a ship's manafest that I found in the shipwreck. I checked and the only things missing from the ship are a Black-Bounded Book, a Guantlet made of Obsidian, a Black Bloodstone Pendent, An evil looking Staff, and A Key to a Treasure Chest." "So it looks like I'm heading to this Goulyard, as you call it to find one of these five items." said Jewels. "Take the map so you don't get lost and this weird key I found." smiled Jacky.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Chapter 05: A Darkened Road.
Jewels exited Jacky's room and tried to figure out which way is north. As she checked her surroundings, she noticed a large plume of black smoke off in the distance. "What's that?" she muttered. Jacky floated out of the ruins and saw what Jewels was looking at. "That would be the volcano." said the ghost worriedly, "It way to dangerous to go there. I hope that none of the relics are hidden in there." "O.k. then, I'm off." smiled Jewels, "I will come back when I'm finished at the Goulyard, as you called it." Jewels followed the map and found a dirt trail that lead north and west. 'If I want to get to the Goulyard I need to go north.' she thought looking at the map. Jewels followed the path north wards, as a pair of eye watched her. The figure followed within the trees as she walked. Jewels walked for what seemed to be hours when she came upon a crossroad. She checked the map to figure out which why to go. However the map wasn't helping her. "Oh no..." she mumbled, "Am I lost?" "Go East!" echoed Jacky's voice. "Huh?!" said Jewels looking around herself. "Over here on the map!" came Jacky's voice once more. Jewels looked at the map and saw Jacky's face over the compass rose in the bottom corner. "I did say I was going to help!" she smiled, "Did you think I would let you wander down the road alone without a way to talk. I can talk to you through this map and help guide you." "...Well that's different!" snapped Jewels. "I'mmm.. sorry if I didn't tell you..." stammered Jacky. Jewels shook her head and said "Sorry I just don't know what came over me there. It would have been nice to know that detail sooner though." "O.k." said Jacky, "Take the path on the right to get to the Goulyard. The left path takes you to the foot of the volcano and the north path takes you to Crumble Stone Canyon. Becareful Jewels, I will check up on you ever so often. If you have a question just ask." Jacky's face faded from the map and Jewels walked down the right as her tail kept their distance. As she walked down the path, Jewels was lost in thought. 'How could a small trinket like a bracelet bring me from my home to this island? And these Black Relics...What kind of power do they have? How long has this been going on?' A snapping twig caught Jewels's attention. "Huh?!" she called in alarm, "Who's there?!" She looked around her and saw no one. 'I should pick up the pace.' she thought as she turned to continue down the path. Her tail peered out of the bushes and cursed "Damn branches! I've got to find out who she is!" Jewels move quickly down the path when she heard a crash of plates off in the distance. As she scanned around and saw a house off in the distance. Quickly she took out her map and said "Hey Jacky! What that house I see?" Jacky's face appired and she said "That's De-Crepto Manor. What do you want to know about it?" "I just heard something like plates being broken." said Jewels, "Do you think it's worth a look?" "You think someone might be inside?" asked Jacky nervously, "I will warn you that place is dangerous." "But if I find some there," countered Jewels, "Maybe he or she would be willing to help me! I think it's worth the risk." Jacky was silent for a moment before admitting "You might be right. Keep your wits about you. It could be one of the three meanies that I've seen." Jewels closed the map and rushed towards the manor. Her tail watched her and muttered "Why is she going there? There must be something important there!" The figure followed her towards the manor.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:18 pm

Chapter 06: A 'Manor' of Things.
Jewels climbed up the steps towards the front door to the manor. The home loomed over her like a mountain. Clay shingles lay off to the side, some windows were smashed and the front doors were berely hanging off the door frame. Jewels slowly pushed one open, the door creaking in agony as she entered the main hall. It was dark and almost pitch black inside. Jewels spotted an oil lamp nearby and checked it out. There was some oil left and Jewels found a matchbox with some matches inside. Jewels lit the lamp and started looking around the main floor. The place was decorated with four inchs of dust with dusty cobwebs splashed on the furniture. It seemed that no one had been here in years. As she walked into the kitchen, Jewels saw plates on the floor. "Is that what I heard?" she mumbled. She suddenly heard a thump coming from upstairs and she paused for a moment. Another thump came and went before a third, then a fourth. 'That sounds like heavy books hitting the floor!' thought Jewels. Jewels walked back into the main hall and looked at the great stairway that sat there like giant anchovie on a small pizza. Jewels swollowed hard as she accended the stairs, each one grouning as she went. She spotted a light under one of the doors and slowly tip toed towards them. She could heard two people arguing. "It's not here!" came a gruf voice, "This is a waste of time!" "Keep that temper of yours in check, Mezek!" came the other, "There must be a trick to this!" "Look, Greif." cursed Mezek, "We've been here for hours and we've found nothing! We've got to go and tell the boss that this place was a dead end!" The floor suddenly creacked under Jewels's feet and Mezek said "Hold it! Did you hear that?!" Jewels backed away and hid down a hallway, turning her lamp off. The doors to the room opened and a mule exited the room. "Get back in here Mezek!" called Greif, "You are hearing things!" Mezek turned and walked back into the room without closing the door. Jewels walked slowly, almost dragging her feet to peer into the room. Books lay all over the floor as Mezek pushed them off the shelves. Beside him was a griffon, most likely Greif, checking them with slightly more care. "There is no hidden passage or room here!" snorted Mezek furiously. "Did you ask our friend who is spying on us?" said Greif. Suddenly Greif rushed towards the door. In panic, Jewels slammed the door in his face and rushed down the stairs. Suddenly the roof fell down in front of her and Mezek droped down in front. "Where you off to snoop?!" he snorted. "Stay away from me!" snapped Jewels tossing the lamp at him. Mezek punched the lamp and rushed at Jewels. Jewels hit him with a hard slap that made him fall down the stair before rushing back upstairs. Greif was still trying to get his head out of the door as she rushed down the dark hallway. He managed to free himself as Mezek got there. "That way!" he bellowed. The two lumbered down the hallway and charged pass a few rooms. Slowly one door opened and Jewels poked her head out after they had passed. 'I got to get out of here!' she thought. she exited the room and crept her way to the stairs. "There she is!" called Mezek, "Get her!" Jewels rushed down the stairs, but the front door was blocked by fallen debry. 'Got to find a way out!' she thought as she ran into the living room. Suddenly something grabbed her arm and pulled hard.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:19 am

Chapter 07: Hot Rodding Rodney.
Jewels felt a glove cover her mouth as she was pulled behind a curtin. She watched as Mezek and Greif rushed by before she turned to see her captor. The bird poked his head out for a moment and motioned Jewels to follow quietly. The two tiptoed towards the front door when a creaking floor board gave away their escape. "Over there!" called Greif. "Darn!" cursed the bird, "Run for it!" Jewels and her companion rushed up the stairs as their persuers gave chase. Jewels and the bird tipped over a cabinet at the top of the stairs and it crashed down on top of Mezek and Greif, smashing the stairs and making it impossible to get back down without jumping. "Quickly!" called the bird as he charged down the hallway. Jewels gave chase as Greif flew up the broken stairs, dragging Mezek with him. Jewels ran as fast as she could as Mezek and Greif charged after her. Suddenly, Mezek crashed through the floor boards, falling to the floor below. Greif jumped over the hole and slowly walked towards Jewels. "You are a slippery kid!" he snorted, "But you must know something of this island! Now Tell Me!" Suddenly a large vase flew over Jewels's head and smashed into Greif face. Greif stumbled back and fell down the hole where Mezek fell and crashed on top of him. Jewels turned to see the bird giving her the tumbs up. "Sorry 'bout that!" said the bird, "You looked as if you needed it." "Who...Are you?" said Jewels with nervousness. "The name's Rodney McQueen, the fastest guy in the desert." said the bird, "But most call me Hot Rod. It seems these two unfriendlys wanted to hurt you." Jewels looked down the hole and said "Yeah...But they aren't the shrapest knives in the drawer." "That's for sure." said Hot Rod. "My name's Julie Longtail." bowed Jewels, "But you can call me Jewels." "So what's a cute girl like you doing in a ruin like this?" said Hot Rod. "Are you trying to pick me up?!" cursed Jewels scornfully. "Woah!" jumped Hot Rod, "I didn't mean it like that!" Jewels felt dizzy for a moment before she said "Sorry about that. I've been very uneasy as of late." "So you ain't from this island either?" asked Hot Rod with a dissapointing tone. Jewels shook her head. "No, I'm from Station Square." she explained, "I was brought here by force." "You mean you came here with those two weirdos and not by some black portal thingy?!" said Hot Rod. "You too?!" jumped Jewels, "Then it looks as if we're in the same boat." "We need to leave this place." said Hot Rod. "But how?!" said Jewels, "The way's blocked." "Jewels, can you hear me!" echoed Jacky's voice. "Huh?!" jumped Hot Rod, "Who's there?!" Jewels pulled out the map and said "Jacky?!" "Woah?!" said Hot Rod with excitement, "A talking map! Cool!" "Jewels." said Jacky, "Are you alright?" "I'm fine, Jacky." replied Jewels, "Thanks to Hot Rod over here. I ran into two of the meanies you spoke of." "..I thought that might be the case." said Jacky. "Jacky." said Jewels, "We're stuck on the second floor of De-Crepto Manor. The door is blocked and with those two around we need to find another way out of here." "Head to the attic." said Jacky, "There is a trap door that leads to the celler."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:23 am

Chapter 08: De-Crepto's Deception.
"A path to the celler?...." started Hot Rod, "In the attic???" "I know." said Jacky, "The place is weird and creepy. But trust me, it's there. Call me when you get there." Jacky's face dissapired and Jewels closed the map. "I don't know about you, but I'll give it a chance." she said. "Fine," said Hot Rod, "But lets get a move on before those two check in with reality." Jewels and Hot Rod rushed towards the back of the hallway and saw the hatch for the attic. However the cord was too short. "I'll give you a lift." said Jewels. "You sure about that?" questioned Hot Rod. "Just do it!" snapped Jewels. Jewels cupped her hands Hot Rod put his foot on them. "Urgh...I still can't reach!" cursed Hot Rod. "Gimme a sec!" grunted Jewels. Jewels managed to push herself onto her tail as Hot Rod manage to grab the cord. Jewels suddenly fell down and Hot Rod toppled over, bringing the stairs to the attic down. "We did it!" he called as he rushed up the stairs. Jewels was just getting back up when Mezek and Greif pulled themselves back up to their floor. "There they are!" cursed Greif as the two tumbled down the hallway. Jewels rushed up the stairs and raised them before they could reach it. Hot Rod called out "Move out of the way!" Jewels move as he knocked a cabinet onto the access to the attic. "Cutting it close!" panted Jewels, "Now to find that trap door." "I didn't see no trap door around here." said Hot Rod. "What?!" jumped Jewels, who quickly looked around and saw that he wasn't lying. "So...We're trapped?!" cursed Jewels. Then she noticed a metal pole that seemed to stick up out of the floor off to one side. Jewels walked over to it as Hot Rod scratched his head. "What's up?" he asked. "Come over here for a moment.." said Jewels, "I think I feel a breeze coming up here." Hot Rod walked over there and checked. "You're right!" he exclaimed and felt around the floor. "Here it is!" he said as they heard the cabinet thump. With little time to waste they lifted the trap door and slid down the poll, closing the trap door above them. Mezek burst through the cabinet and looked about the attic. "Huh?! They ain't here?!" he called. Greif yanked him down to look and cursed "They must have found another way out!" Jewels and Hot Rod found themselves in the celler, it was pitch black. "Can't see nothing here!" cursed Hot Rod. Jewels pulled out the box of matches she'd found and lit one. Through the dim, she spotted a candle and lit it before the match burnt her fingers. "Owch!" she hissed. "Ok...Now what?" asked Hot Rod as Jewels took out the map. "Hey Jacky." she said "We're here in the celler. What now?" Jacky's face appired and said "Look for two barrels on the floor. Remove the wedge that holds them. There's a path behind them." Hot Rod bolted around the room before Jewels could put away the map and called "Over here!" Jewels saw where he was and he removed the wedge. The barrels rolled to the side, revealing a small hole that they could crawl through. "Let's get out of here!" called Jewels. Suddenly Greif dropped down from the attic's trap door. "You're not getting away from me that easy!" he cursed. Jewels and Hot Rod scrambled through the opening and found themselves in a small cave. They could see the sky outside and rush towards it. Greif dove into the opening but he was too big to fit and got stuck with one arm pinned in the opening.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:17 pm

Chapter 09: Down Dirt Road.
Jewels and Hot Rod made it out of the cave into the open air. "We made it!" exclaimed Hot Rod, "But now what?" "Well I'm going to take a look around the graveyard east of here." said Jewels. "The graveyard?!" questioned Hot Rod, "Why you headed there?" "I believe that there is something there that will help us escape..." said Jewels, "Unless you wish to stay stuck on this island forever." "I'm not heading to no Graveyard!" snapped Hot Rod. ""Fine then." said Jewels with a sinister sweet tone, "I'll go alone." Jewels turned to head east when Hot Rod stopped her. "Are you crazy?!" he puffed, "You might get hurt!" "So." snapped Jewels as she walked around him, "I want off this island and I need to look around the graveyard. If you don't want to help, then off with you!" Jewels walked alone down the road a few feet as Hot Rod watched. "...Grr..." he snorted as he followed with distaste, "Wait up!" "Change your mind?" said Jewels scornfully without stopping. "I just want off this island too." snorted Hot Rod, "I'll give you a hand, but I rather be quick about it." "Graveyards creep you out?" asked Jewels with a smile. "Hate the feeling around places like that. That's all." said Hot Rod, "So...What is supposed to be there that we need to get off?" "I think there is an item of power that is holding us here..." explained Jewels, "But I can't be too sure." "You mean you don't even know?!" snapped Hot Rod. Jewels shook her head. "Jacky explained to me that there are four relics that have great power that are hidden all over the island." she said, "If we can find all four, we might be able to leave this place." "Don't give me that black magic stuff!" snorted Hot Rod. "Then explain how you got here?" said Jewels. Hot Rod stayed silent as Jewels continued. "I also think that those two we escaped from in the manor are after these things too." "Those two?" laughed Hot Rod, "They couldn't find their way out of a door frame!" "Did you not think that they could be hired goons." said Jewels. "That would make more sence." admitted Hot Rod, "But who would want them?" Jewels shrugged "Only they would know. And I'm in no mood to go back and ask them." "By the way.." said Hot Rod, "Who's Jacky?" "She's..." started Jewels thinking what to say, "An unfortunate soul who's stuck here as well." Hot Rod looked at Jewels for a moment before he said "..She's a ghost...Isn't she?" "Yes." said Jewels, "I thought you'd be frightened by that." "How can I be frightened by a Ghost when I know I'm heading to a graveyard?" retorted Hot Rod, "And besides...She seems nice." The two walked for and hour before the first sign of the graveyard appired in the distance. Crumbling stone walls with rusted iron fencing stood to ether side of a main gate locked with a chain. Two gargoyles, both missing a wing flanked the main gate. "Oh great!" snorted Hot Rod, "It's locked!" Jewels examined the lock and chain. "It seems that the chain is very weak.." she said, "It's rusted badly and partly cut...Get me a big rock to smash it." "I've got a better idea!" called Hot Rod, "Move away!" Jewels turned to see Hot Rod getting himself ready to rush the gate. Jewels moved away as he charged the gate. He bounced off hard and as he got up to his feet, Jewels called out "Look Out!" Hot Rod dove away from the falling gate as it's hinges gave way. "That worked better then I thought.." he said as he got back up. "Lets go then!" said Jewels as they entered the Goulyard.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Chapter 10: The Ghasly Goulyard.
As the two pass through the gates, rain started to fall lightly onto the muddy ground. Dead trees seemed to grasp for sunlight under the darkened skies. Many wooden and stone crosses marked graves that never saw a body. "Are you sure that there's something in this place?" asked Hot Rod. "Maybe..." admitted Jewels, "But we need to get to the chapel at the far end." "You don't really know do you?" said Hot Rod, crossing his arms. "Look!" snapped Jewels, "I'm following the only clue that I have!" "Chill out, girl!" jumped Hot Rod. Jewels shook her head and said "Look...It's the only clue I found that can get us off this island. It's worth a shot." As the two talked, a figure with big ears watched from behind a tree in the shadows. "Look!" said Hot Rod,  "The sooner we're done here, the better!" "You're creeped out easily." said Jewels snidely. As the continued down the path, the figure emerged into the dim light. It's robotic hand rubbed it's chin. "Hmm...Kikikik..." it chuckled to itself as it followed. "What do you think happened to this place?" asked Hot Rod. "Don't know." replied Jewels, "Could have been anything. Plauge, lack of food, experiment that went wrong. No one really knows." As the came up onto a rise, they could see the path wined down towards the chapel. "There it is!" jumped Hot Rod with excitement. "I think we should stick to the path." said Jewels, "Out of respect." Hot Rod looked at Jewels for a moment and said "Good idea. who knows what could happen in this place." As they traveled down the figure popped out from the shadows behind them once more. "Don't think you two will make it there." it laughed roboticly as it hurried forward. As Jewels and Hot Rod came down the path, they noticed something that seemed out of place. "Hey!" said Jewels, "Is that what I think it is?" She walked towards what looked to be a chair for a machine. As Hot Rod came over he noticed something nearby and added "There! Some machine parts!" The two looked about the machine, Parts seemed to litter the ground and it seemed that some parts were ripped out recently. "This is obviously new." said Hot Rod, "And there might be someone else around here..." "Either that..." said Jewels, "Or this is how those two thugs we escaped from got here." "Maybe..." started Hot Rod as he fiddled with some parts. He took a steel coil from the chair, some wires from a panel and found a small battery. "Could you pass me that headlight?" he asked. Jewels passed it over and watched him fiddle with them. When he was done, he said "I hope this works...." The junkish flashlight came on for a moment before the bulb broke. Jewels looked around the scape pile and found another one. When Hot Rod replaced it, the makeshift Flashlight came on without a hitch. "It worked!" cheered Hot Rod. "It will be easyer then holding a match for a few moments before it burns you fingures." admitted Jewels, "Now lets head for that chapel!" The followed the muddy path towards the chapel. The waist high stone outer walls toppled over one another, but the chapel itself seem to stand silently, as it watched over the graveyard. It's windows, though lacking their color, still intacted as were the massive oak door that guarded the entrence. Swollowing hard, Hot Rod and Jewels entered the chapel.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:05 am

Chapter 11: Solving The Riddle.
Hot Rod turned on the flashlight as they passed through the doorway. Musty bookcases held the walls back as the pues lay shattered across the floor. Curtins, though tattered, draped themselves over the windows as best as they could. "So what are we looking for?" he asked as he searched. "It's tricky to say..." said Jewels, "All I have is a riddle to go on...On ground that does not grow, Stone stick like weeds. Dark shrouds cover all but the Holy light. He who passes in secret can drink to peace of mind." "Hm..." said Hot Rod, rubbing his beak. Jewels pulled one of the curtins aside to reveals one of the windows. Demonic images of light seemed to dance off the window onto the floor. "Yikes!" she jumped as she closed the window. "That's it!" called Hot Rod, "One of these windows has a holy symble on it!" Hot Rod raced around the room and opened all the curtins. However each window had it's own demonic image. "What?!" sighed Hot Rod, "I'd thought that was it..." Jewels looked at the windows and said with suspision "Is it me, or does it seem that there's a window missing?" "Huh?" said Hot Rod scratching his head. "I count five windows..." said Jewels, "There should be six....Could you take a quick run around outside and check." "Back in a flash!" said Hot Rod. As he rushed out, Jewels looked around and within a few moments saw light coming out from behind a bookcase. Jewels rushed to it as Hot Rod came back in. "You're right." he said, "There is one covered up." "Help me move this bookcase." cursed Jewels as she tried to move it on her own. Hot Rod came to help, but he noticed something that Jewels didn't. "Hey!" he said, "What gives?! This thing is in the floor!" He walked in front of it and started to knock the shelves out. Jewels watched him as the shelves crashed to the floor. "This thing has a false back." he said as he pulled out the panel. Behind the bookcase was the window, a large cross shining through. Strangely the light shawn towards the back wall rather then the floor in front of it. Part of the wall moved aside to reveal a shrouded figure stood illuminated within the light of the cross. "W...W..What's that?!" jumped Hot Rod. Jewels moved towards it and said "Looks like a statue..Cover in cloth." Jewels grabbed the cloth and slowly pulled it down. The image of a woman with a child and a book stood there, bathed in light. Suddenly the unlit candle around her ignighted, lighting the chapel's dark walls. "What's going on?!" jumped Hot Rod as the demonic images of the other windows faded away. Then the stone alter behind her moved forward towards the door, revealing a staircase going down into a hidden chamber. Hot Rod rushed over and looked down the stairs. "Is that what we're looking for?" he asked with a nervous tone. "It's whatever is down there..." said Jewels, just as nervously. "Ladies first!" said Hot Rod. Jewels glared at him for a moment and snorted "Thanks!" The two of them decended as the shadowy figure watched from outside. "So you two think you've found a way out..." it snickered roboticly, "Then I'll make sure that I take it from you and bring it to my master, Kikikiki..."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 am

Chapter 12: Chapel Celler.
Slowly, Jewels and Hot Rod decended the steps into a hidden celler. As the reached the foot of the stairs, two torchs lit up on either side. "What is with this place?" muttered Jewels as they walked forward. Every few steps two more torchs lit up till a ring of five burst to life. At the center of this ring was a stand with a large grey stone book. "We came this way for a book?" said Hot Rod snidely. "Hold up of a sec!" said Jewels as she approched the book, "Shine a light here!" Hot Rod places the flashlight's beam onto the book and they could see a strange symble and some words. 'Of those who have come, only one may open. The other can take...' "What's that supposed to mean?" asked Hot Rod. "Beats me." admitted Jewels, "Why not try and open it." Hot Rod tried to open the book, but to his surprise it was harder then it looked. "Stop foolin!" snapped Jewels, "It's just a book." "I'm trying!" snorted Hot Rod, "But nothing is happening!" Jewels look at the symble on the book. It was strange and off centered. "Hey!" said Hot Rod, glancing at Jewels's bracelet, "What with you arm?!" "Huh?!" jumped Jewels. She looked at her arm with the bracelet, it was giving off a greyish yellow aura. "W..What's happening?!" she jumped. Hot Rod looked at the book and back at Jewels's glowing arm. "Do you think it has something to do with the book?" he asked. But before she could answer, Jewels suddenly feinted. Hot Rod managed to catch her. "Hey wake up!" he called tapping her on the side of the face. Jewels awoke in confusion as Hot Rod said "Don't scare me like that! Are you alright?" Jewels struggled back to her feet and shook her head. "Y..Yeah..I'm fine..I...Think I..Understand.." "Huh?!" said Hot Rod, "Understand what?!" Jewels walked to the book and layed her hand on it. There was a flash and when she removed her hand, the book opened by itself. Hidden within the cover, was another book. It's thick black bindings and brass plates looked as if they had not seen the light of the world in many years. "...How.." started Hot Rod. "I don't know..." said Jewels. She fell to her knees for a moment as Hot Rod helped her back up. "Take the book." said Jewels, "I was able to open the big book...So you have to take it..." Hot Rod looked at Jewels with confusion but picked up the book anyways. "That book..." started Jewels in a trance like state, "Is one of four items known as the Black Relics...This Grimore is said to belong to a powerful and evil mage..." Jewels suddenly feinted again. Hot Rod put the book down beside her and tried to revive her. "I knew you might have known something!" he muttered, "Come on and wake up!" Hot Rod gave Jewels a hard slap across the face. Jewels suddenly opened her eyes once more. But before Hot Rod could say anything, Jewels slapped him hard across his beak. Jewels got back up as if nothing was wrong as Hot Rod protested "What was that for?! I was trying to revive you!" "What are you talking about?!" snapped Jewels." "You passed out a moment ago!" retorted Hot Rod. "Did I?" muttered Jewels in confusion. When she noticed the book, she added "You got the book out. How did you manage it?" "Are you sure you're o.k?" said Hot Rod, "You opened the book just by putting your hand on it." "And I'll be taking it!" came a robotic voice. Hot Rod and Jewels turned to see a figure standing at the top of the stairs.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Chapter 13: Monkey Wrenching.
"Huh?!" called Jewels, "Who are you?!" "I am the greatest creation ever built by Dr. Ivo Robotnik!" said the figure as it walked into the light. The small robotic monkey with a busted lightbulb shot forward as Hot Rod picked up the book. "I am Coconuts!" said the robot. There was a moment of silence before Hot Rod let out a snort of laughter. "It's not funny!" cursed Coconuts, "Now hand over that book!" "Greatest Creation..." snickered Jewels, "You look more like a slap together of spare parts!" Coconuts pulled out a coconut and spun it on its finger. "Oh no!" laughed Hot Rod sarcasticly, "Looks as if it wants to start a food fight!" "Hmph!" snorted Coconuts as the robot tossed the coconut. It exploded in front of them, knocking them back and making Hot Rod drop the book. Quickly, Coconuts pulled out a gun with a plunger on it and shot it at the book. The plunger hit home and with a built in winch, the gun reeled the book towards the robot. "Enjoy your stay, kikiki!" laughed Coconuts as the robot rushed up the stairs. Jewels and Hot Rod got up and rushed after Coconuts, Only to see the door closing in front of them. "Blast!" cursed Hot Rod, "We're Trapped!" Suddenly Jacky voice echoed from the back corner "Over here! There is a hidden lever!" Jewels spotted it and quickly pulled it. The passage opened once more and Hot Rod rushed after Coconuts. "Hurry Jewels!" said Jacky voice, "Who knows what that robot will do!" Jewels rushed outside to see Hot Rod just standing there. He was looking at a strange looking vehicle. Coconuts popped out of the top and called out "So you got out! Now I'm going to make you wish that you stay there! TankOp Go!" A hatch on the front opened to reveal a cannon. Hot Rod and Jewels moved out of the way as it fired a coconut bomb at them. Then the canon re-entered the TankOp and it rumbled towards them. Hot Rod grabbed Jewels's arm and started to race around the machine, dodging it's attacks. "How are we going to beat that..Thing?!" called Jewels. "Don't know!" replied Hot Rod, "Maybe run around till it runs out of power." Jewels looked back for a moment as the TankOp raced after them. As she turned back, she noticed some open graves and called to Hot Rod "Hey, go that way!" Hot Rod glanced towards the graves and suddenly charged towards them. The Cannon had once again emerged from the TankOp, as Hot Rod managed to get to the graves. The TankOp charged forward as Jewels yelled "Jump to the other side!" Hot Rod made the jump as the TankOp charged forth. It suddenly lurched forward into the grave, it's cannon getting suck into the ground as it went off. The cannon shot out the back of the machine, knocking Coconuts over the horizon and spitting the book out of the machine. "Phew!" panted Hot Rod as he picked up the book, "That was close. We nearly lost that." Suddenly a key fell out of the pages of the book at Hot Rod's feet. "Hey what's this?!" he said as he picked up the key. "A Key!" smiled Jewels, "We are going to need that somewhere. But for now, let's head to the ruins where Jacky lives." "I agree." said Hot Rod, "I've had it with this place!" As they made their way out of the graveyard, the clouds over head broke revealing the moon shining a golden hue onto them.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Chapter 14: Back To The Ruins.
"It's nice to see a break in the clouds." said Jewels as they headed back to the ruins. "Yeah." said Hot Rod, "But I've never seen any of these star formations before." "Lets not dewell on it for now." replied Jewels as they passed De-Crepto Manor. "You think those two are still there?" asked Hot Rod pointing at the manor. "...Maybe." said Jewels, "We should be coming up at the crossroads soon." Jewels glanced over to Hot Rod, who looked at her with concern. "You sure that you're alright?" he asked suddenly, "I mean, first your arm started glowin, then you feinted, then you mumbled about understanding something before feinting once more. Is there something going on here that I need to know about?" Jewels didn't say a word. "Please!" insisted Hot Rod, "Tell me, is something wrong?" "There Is Nothing Wrong!" snapped Jewels harshly, "Now Stop Priying!" Hot Rod closed his eyes for a moment and said "It's that bracelet of yours, isn't it?" Jewels was taken aback by this. "I noticed that the bracelet was reacting with the book before you feinted the first time." he continued, "Whomever gave it to you knew that this would happen. Thinkin' fast may not be my strong suit, but I suspect that bracelet has been troubling you for quite a bit." Jewels turned her head, and said somewhat flusteredly "It's none of your buissness!" "Whatever!" shurgged Hot Rod. Soon the road forked in two directions. "So which way?" asked Hot Rod, "Straight or right?" Jewels looked about the fork with confusion. "Did we pass our turn?" she said in confusion, "I don't recall a two way fork." "Huh?!" retorted Hot Rod, "I was following you. And this is the only split in the road we came upon." Jewels pulled out the map looked it over. "This is the right spot..." she said nervously, "But the left path is gone!" "You sure?" said Hot Rod, looking over the map himself. Jacky's face appired on the map and said, "There is a powerful illusion here! You can't get through it with out a way to dispell it." Hot Rod suddenly snapped his fingers and opened the book. "What are you doing?!" jumped Jewels. "Quiet please." asked Hot Rod as he looked through the book. "Blast!" he cursed, slamming the book shut "Can't read none of this junk!" Suddenly the illusion shuttered and faded away. "Hot Rod, You did it!" cheered Jewels. "Huh?!" said Hot Rod in confusion, "I did it?" "Never mind!" cursed Jewels in fustration, grabbing Hot Rod by the arm, "Lets just go!" The two continued down the path and slowly the ruins came into view. "We're almost there." smile Jewels, as she rushed ahead. Jewels entered the area where the staircase was as Hot Rod followed. Entering into Jacky's room, she didn't seem to be there. "Hello?" called Jewels, "Jacky, you there?" Suddenly the ghost popped out of the dresser and smiled "Oh hey! You're back! And this must be Hot Rod. Nice to meet you in person." "You're Jacky...." started Hot Rod. "I know...You thought I was a talking map." laughed Jacky childishly, "But that is too silly." "We've found the book, Jacky." said Jewels, "And this key." "You found the book!" smiled Jacky happily, And a key you say....Could it be the one missing from the ship wreak? Anyways, I think it would be a good idea to hide the book in here...In case those meaniees come after you." "Hold up!" called Hot Rod, "When we were walking here, the path was blocked by some illusionaly barrier thingy. What made it and how did it get go away?"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:33 pm

Chapter 15: Heading For The Wreak.
"It's the other Black Relics." said Jacky with a frown, "They want to keep all those trapped here forever. Why it went is confusing though...Did you use the book?" "I opened it," said Hot Rod, "But I couldn't make heads or tail feathers of what it said." "I need to look into it some more.." said Jacky, "But right now, you two need to head to the shipwreak. It's along the western road, take the left fork by the rocky bay...I sence those meaniees around there..Becareful." "Ok." smiled Jewels as Hot Rod passed her the book, "Come on Hot Rod. Let's find what's hiding at that shipwreak." Hot Rod and Jewels exited the room and went back to the road. As they followed the road west, the figure from before popped it's head out of the bushes and snarled in a low tone "There you! It seems you found a friend. But you won't give me the slip this time!" The figure followed them as Jacky watched on from the ruins. "I should warn them about him..." she muttered. Meanwhile, Hot Rod and Jewels were talking up the road. "So you work at that cafe next to the flower shop in the downtown area." said Hot Rod, "Is that crazed flower girl still working there?" "Crazed Flower Girl?!" said Jewels harshly, "How could you say such things about her?!" "Woah!" jumped Hot Rod, "It's only what I've heard. I heard some of the folks at Rustfang Village talk about a girl who went balistic and beat some drifting thief hard for calling her a bimbo." "Yeah she's still there." said Jewels harshly, "She's a good friend of mine. You should mention to those villagers that the guy had it coming. He stole a Gem-Cut Rose from her." "Wow, a Gem-Cut Rose...That's worth a pretty penny..." said Hot Rod, looking down, "However, I would tell them that...But..." "But what?" asked Jewels. "They're all dead." said Hot Rod flatly, "It was only a few months ago. The entire town was wiped out. Some of the people from the surrounding area believes that the so-called Badlands Bandit was responsible, but other believe something else..I.." Jewels stoped walking and said in a horrified gasp "You saw what the place looked like, didn't you?" Hot rod only nodded. "What do you think happened?" asked Jewels, "And who is the Badlands Bandit?" "I don't know about what happened," started Hot Rod, trembling at the memory, "But the Bandit goes by the name K-." "Jewels!" came Jacky's voice, "Hot Rod! You two better pick up the pace! Someone is following you two!" "Oh great!" snapped Hot Rod, "Time to burn road! Jewels, give me your hand!" Hot Rod grabbed Jewels's hand and raced forward at high speeds. The figure came up the road, his multiple tails dropping down as he cursed "Blast! You've might have out run me, But I will get you!" "Do you think we lost him?" called Hot Rod as he ran forward. "What?!" cried Jewels. Just ahead, they could see a fork in the road and a cliff ahead. Jewels cried "STOP!!!" Hot Rod screeched to a halt but was only just able to hold onto Jewels's arm. "What was it you were saying?" asked Jewels. "I was wondering if we lost our tail." said Hot Rod. "Tail?!" jumped Jewels as she grabbed her brush from her pocket and started to brush her tail franticly. "I ment the guy following us!" snorted Hot Rod flatly." Jewels smiled with enbarrasment and said "I guess so...We need to take the left fork here."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Chapter 16: Aboard The Blackmire.
"So as you were saying.." said Jewels as they headed down the road. "Um...What was it that we were talking about?..." mumbled Hot Rod. "Who is the Badlands Bandit?" asked Jewels in fustration. "Oh yeah." said Hot Rod, "His name is Kale Komet. Never met 'em personaly, but I heard that he had some issues with the village." "Kale..." said Jewels rubbing her chin, "Why does that name sound famil..." "Let Her Go!" came a shout from up ahead. "Huh?!" both Jewels and Hot Rod looking at each other. They ran forward and saw the shipwreak up ahead. They could make out three people moving on the deck and could hear a voice shouting loudly "You let her go this instant!" They watched as one of the figures rushed towards the other two and then fall off the side of the ship into the water below. Jewels looked at Hot Rod and said "We've got to help him!" Hot Rod replied "Yeah! Lets go!" the two ran towards the fall figure as he clambered out of the water. The yellow rabbit started to knock the water out of it's ears as they arrived. They could see that the rabbit had chains around his arms. "You o.k?" asked Jewels. "Yeah!" snorted the rabbit, "But they've got my buddy hostage! I've go to save her!" "How about we help you." said Hot Rod. "What?!" snorted the rabbit, "Don't tell me you think I'm weak!" "No." said Jewels, "I think it would be better to work together." "We are trying to find a way off this island." added Hot Rod, "And we think there is something on that shipwreak that will help us escape!" "You two ain't from these parts?" asked the rabbit. Jewels and Hot Rod both shook their heads. "If you can help me free my buddy, I'll help guys out." smiled the rabbit, "The name's Rock." "Nice to meet you Rock," said Jewels, "I'm Jewels and this here is Hot Rod." "I'm guessing that those two who have your friend are a mule and a griffon." said Hot Rod flatly. "Good guess.." said Rock with suspission, "I take it that you know them?" "We encountered them before." said Jewels, "The Mule is called Mezek and the griffon is Greif. They are not really that bright." "So now you callin' me dumb?!" snorted Rock. "That's not what she ment!" snapped Hot Rod, "She means they can't focus one more then one person." "Fair enough." said Rock, "Let's get a move on before they hurt Zappy." "That's your buddy's name." said Hot Rod trying not to laugh. "Do you want me to punch that beak of yours inside out or not?!" snapped Rock. "You want to make an issue of it?" shouted Hot Rod. Jewels got between the two of them and snapped "We don't have time for this nonsence boys! Lets go and help Zappy!" Begrudgingly they followed Jewels to a massive hole that was on the side of the ship. "This is the way in." said Rock. Jewels caught a wiff of something rotten and cursed "Phue! What in the heck is that awful stench!" Hot Rod caught the same wiff and move to the side. "UGH! That reaks worse the desert carrion!" "There is some decomposing fish and food still in the holds." said Rock, "However I didn't see any bodies inside." "How can you stand that smell?" cursed Jewels holding her nose. "My nose is blocked." said Rock, "Let go find those kidnappers."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:29 pm

Chapter 17: Rock'N'Roll.
The three wandered into the belly of the ship, it's pungent smell gripped the wood as fresh air slowly trundled in. "The air is fresher on the upper decks." said Rock. "What do you mean?!" coughed Hot Rod from the smell, "Fresh as in outside or fresh as worse smells?" "Let's just hurry up!" pleaded Jewels, who was feeling nauseous. "Follow me then!" said Rock as he lead them down the hall. They soon came upon a set of stairs and made they're way to the next level. The air still smelled bad but it wasn't as bad as the previous floor. "This floor is a bit more bearable." scuffed Hot Rod. "There's still six more decks still to go before we reach topside." said Rock, "So come on and hop to it!" They followed him down another long hallway to reach another set of stairs. However, they saw a familier face at the top. "Oi, Greif!" called Mezek, "Looks like the bunny's got some buddies!" Greif looked down the stairs and spat "It's those two from the manor!" "Give back Zappy!" barked Rock as he raced up the stairs. Suddenly, Mezek punched Rock back down the stairs. "No can do, Bunny!" he snorted, "Boss wants what's on this ship. If you want the bird, You should of helped us! You said no, so until we find the item, the bird comes with us!" Mezek disappired for a moment and the sound of a heavy object could be heard moving. Mezek pushed a naval cannon down the stairs at Hot Rod and Jewels. However the stairs crumbled under the cannon's weight and it plumited to the deck below the stairs. "Good luck trying to get up here!" said Greif flatly, "We've already smashed the other staircase to make sure you don't follow." Hot Rod clentched his fist in fustration as Rock got back up. "Oh good." said Jewels suddenly with a wicked smile, "While you two are up there, well get the treasure on the floor below." Mezek and Greif looked at each other as Hot Rod and Rock looked at Jewels. "What's the point of having a hostage if you've trapped yourselves above the treasure. While we can get it and leave this ship ." she said convincingly. "Umm..Is she for real?" asked Rock to Hot Rod. Hot Rod could only shrug. "You ain't fool us!" cursed Greif, "We know the treasure is up in the capt's quarters!" "Yeah!" cursed Mezek, somewhat unsure, "And only a spasific key can get it!" "Thanks for telling us." smiled Jewels, "Now I know where that key I found in the manor's hidden room goes." "WHAT?!?!" crawed Greif, "THERE WAS A HIDDEN ROOM!?!?" "Yeah." said Jewels, "You could only get to it from the fireplace in the living room." Hot Rod realised where she was going with this and cursed at Jewels "Great! Why did you have to tell them about the the key I found?!" "They are lyin!" cursed Mezek, "I'm gonna..." "Hold up, Mezek!" said Greif, "Hows about we make a trade. You give us the key, and we let the bird go." Jewels put her hand on her chin as if she was thinking about it. "You can't be serious?!" cursed Hot Rod, "We need that item to escape this island." "Deal!" called Jewels, ignoring Hot Rod. Jewels pulled out the weird key Jacky gave her as Greif brought out a small cage with an odd looking flicky inside. "Toss it up here!" he bellowed as he opened the cage door. Jewels tossed it up as the flicky emerged from the cage. It suddenly grabbed the key and flew off. "Get back here!" cried Mezek and Greif as they gave chase.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:58 pm

Chapter 18: Saving Zappy.
"Blast it, Zappy!" shouted Rock angraly, "We've got to get up there and save Zappy!" "Zappy is a flicky!" said Hot Rod with surprise, "I thought that it might have been a girlfriend." "Will you shut up!" snapped Jewels, "Quickly give me a boost." Rock cupped his hands and boosted Jewels to the floor above. Jewels spotted a fishing net full of rotten fish and much discust pushed down the broken stairs to allow Hot Rod and Rock to climb up. "Come on!" cursed Rock as he ran after Mezek and Greif. The trio raced to the main deck and saw that Greif had just managed to grab Zappy. There was a sudden flash and he fell down stunned. Just before Zappy could fly away, Mezek trapped her under a wooden bucket. "Got it!" he called. "Let her go!" shouted Rock as he raced forward. Greif got back up and tried to smash Rock's face in. Rock however jumped over the attack and stomped Greif in the face. Mezek grabbed a nearby barrel and lifted it over his head as if he was going to toss it. Hot Rod rushed at him and body checked him. The barrel fell onto Mezek's head as he fell back. As he turned to free Zappy, Mezek grabbed Hot Rod's leg and tossed him to the side. Jewels ran at Mezek and started to spin like a top. Her tail hit Mezek so hard that he was knocked off the ship's deck. Greif manage to put some distance from him and Rock before taking a deffencive stance. When he noticed that he was alone he cursed "Hmph! Take that stupid bird! But we'll have the last laugh!" Greif flashed a key hidden in his grasp and laughed "This treasure is ours! But we'll come back later for it! Later Losers!" Greif jumped off the ship, as Rock and Hot Rod looked on in anger, he and Mezek rushed off. "Damit!" cursed Hot Rod, "They got away with the key!" Jewels lifted up the bucket and said "Are you ok little gal?" Zappy flew out and chirped happily. "Zappy!" smiled Rock as the rabbit held his finger out like a perch. Zappy landed on it and chirped with joy. "Now how are we going to get that key back!" snorted Hot Rod, folding his arms. Jewels looked at Hot Rod with confusion and said "What do you mean? You never gave me the key that we found in the chapel. Did you lose it?" "Huh?!?" jumped Hot Rod before he checked on himself. Sure enough, he found the key that he found inside the book. "What?...." he muttered, "But how?.." "Jacky gave a weird key when she gave me the map." said Jewels, "I almost forgot about it until those two morons mentioned a spasific key." "Um...Who's Jacky?" asked Rock. "A friend." said Jewels. "Well lets head to the capt's quarters and get what we came for, Jewels." said Hot Rod. "Hold up.." said Rock crossly, "You two are going to tell me what the heck is going on here right now! What is so important here?" "Look, there are four items that for some weird reason are holding us here." snorted Hot Rod, "If we can find them and bring them together, we might be able to get back home." "You can come along if you like." said Jewels. Rock stayed silent for a moment before Zappy chirpped joyfully. "...Aright.." said Rock, "I'll give you two a hand. You did help me rescue Zappy." "Then come on then." smiled Jewels.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Chapter 19: Letters From The Lost.
The three entered the capt's quarters and they could see a large chest at the back of the room. Hot Rod quickly got over there and looked over the chest for a moment and said "Hey Jewels. It's that marking we saw in the chapel celler." Jewels looked at the symble as Rock asked "What's that about a chapel's celler?" Suddenly Hot Rod noticed something as Jewels stared at the chest. "Be prepaired to grab her." he said suddenly as Jewels's arm once again began to glow. "Huh?!" said Rock, now seeing Jewels's arm. Jewels stumbled back as Rock managed to grab her and slowly helped her down to the floor. "Is she.." started Rock with Zappy chirpping worriedly. "This happened before." said Hot Rod. Jewels opened her eyes and mumbled "He who holds the key, shall find nothing. Only one with heart that's as strong as their strength can hold the gauntlet of ages past...." Jewels passed out again as Hot Rod looked at the chest. He used the key and the top opened. As he looked inside he saw the chest was empty. "There's nothing here?..." he muttered, think of what Jewels had just said, "Rock, could you take a look at this for a moment." "What?!" cursed Rock, "Your friend just collapsed and you want me to look at an empty chest?!" "Didn't you hear what she said?" snapped Hot Rod, "If I had the key, I can't see anything. Maybe you might be able to see it. I think she'll snap out of it after you check." "Grrr.." snorted Rock, "You better be right!" Hot Rod walked over to Jewels's body and sat her up. Once again, as Rock looked in the chest, she mumbled "Heart as strong as strength..." "Hmm..." said Rock examining the chest, "Aha! A fake bottom!." Rock punched the bottom of the chest and pulled out a smoke colored gauntlet from the hidden cache below. "Ruins of darkness..." muttered Jewels, "Place by an alchemist...Who's work lay in ruins by the church..." Jewels once more fell silent as Rock brought the glove. "She seems to be in a trance..." said Rock. "Whenever she sees that symble her arm starts to glow." said Hot Rod, "It has something to do with that Bracelet that she has." Jewels opened her eyes and muttered "Ohh....What happened?" "You blacked out again." said Hot Rod. "We found this in the chest though." said Rock showing the gauntlet. "That's great!" smiled Jewels as Hot Rod helped her up, "That would be two down, two to go." Suddenly Zappy chirpped for attention. They all turned to see the flicky holding a scroll. Rock took the scroll and opened it. Rock started to get nervous and said "Umm...Do you think it's a good idea to look for these items?" "Why?" asked Jewels, "What's the note say?" "Ahem.." started Rock, "Madness plagues those who seek my power. Fire and Brimstone to all those fool who think they can capture it. Sight of ones mind can only be granted to those with flight. I rest in my lone shrine and await the chosen to claim their prize or lose their lives.." A chill ran down both Hot Rod's and Jewels's spines. "We..We have no choise." stuttered Hot Rod, "We've go to find whatever it is." "Let's leave the shipwreak and ask Jacky about it." said Jewels, swollowing hard.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:37 pm

Chapter 20: Headed North.
As the three exited from the ship, Jewels pulled out the map and said "Hey Jacky, You There?" Jacky's face appired once more and said "What's up?" "We found a note and the gauntlet inside the ship." said Jewels and she went on explaining the note. "Hm..It could be talking about the lost shrine that sits in the Accursed Forest." said Jacky, "It's north from where you two are." "Correction," said Hot Rod, "We're four." "Four?!" jumped Jacky. "Is that paper talking?" asked Rock as Zappy tweeted in dismay. "Well then, You four should head to the woods now." said Jacky. "I'm guessing the guy who's following us is waiting in ambush?" asked Hot Rod. "That would be the case." said Jacky, "By the time you get whatever is hidden in that forest, he should be gone. But beware, the forest is a maze of twisting paths." As Jacky's face vanished from the map, Jewels looked north and said "We should hurry and get this over and done with." "Woah!" called Rock, "We just can run into a maze without a clue!" "We'll talk about it later!" snapped Jewels, "For now lets get to the forest first." Jewels ran north along the path with Hot Rod calling out "Wait up!" Rock just shook his head and said to Zappy "Can this day get any worse?" Zappy chripped with fustration and the two rushed off after them. Suddenly a figure popped out of the bushes. The fox watched them run off. "The forest to the north..." he mumbled, "If they find these relics..." "There you are!" came a voice. The fox turned whipping his five tails around. "You." he said flatly. "I understand that you wish to go after them." said the figure, "But I need you to wait for them. I know where the other relic is and want you to make sure they don't get near it. I will deal with them at the forest." "I understand." said the fox, "But why did you bring me here if you could get these relics on your own?" "He he," chuckled the figure, "I only want to make sure that they stay safe. If those bad guys get to them first, who knows what will happen. That's why we must stop them." "And what about those lackies of yours?" said the fox snidely, "They don't seem to be of much use." "Oh no they do." said the figure, putting a brown feathery hand on the fox's shoulder, "But I must insist that you head to the canyon to the north east. That way, if I fail to stop them at the forest, you can stop them in that canyon." "Very well then!" said the fox, "I will wait for them there. But Do not underestimate my ablilties. If I find that you are not truthful, I will hunt you down." The fox turned and walked away. The figure waited till he was out of ear shot and muttered "That foolish boy thinks he could beat me...Once I have the Black Relics in my possession, nothing will stop me in my quest to become immortal...I just hope those morons Mezek and Greif don't bungle up my plans too soon, I need that boy to aid me in stalling them. Once I am immortal, I will distroy this world and no one can ever stop me...Ha ha ha ha!" "Boss!" came a voice from behind the figure. The figure turned and saw Mezek and Greif behind him. "What Is It!" he shouted. "Someone has nicked our powerboat, sir!" said Greif. "So?" snapped the boss, "We still have the other way around the island." "Yes we do, sir.." said Mezek, "But it doesn't have enough fuel to get us back to the main land if we use it."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Chapter 21: Monkeying To The Woods.
As Jewels rushed up the road, Hot Rod called out "Hold Up!" Jewels stopped as he and Rock got to her. Hot Rod was panting heavily. "You o.k., Hot Rod?" asked Jewels curiously. "I.." panted Hot Rod, "I've never been so..out of breath..before.." "I thought you told me that you were the fastest guy in the desert?" said Jewels with a snobish tone, "If that was true, then how could Rock and Zappy keep up with you?" "I.." panted Hot Rod before suddenly falling forward. "Hot Rod?!" jumped Jewels as she tried to revive him. "Well, well, well." came a robotic voice. Jewels and Rock turned to see Coconuts floating in a boat with a large balloon above it. "Oh great.." said Jewels flatly, "You again.." "I'm here to take whatever you got in the name of the Dr. Robotnick." cursed the Coconuts, "So hand it over!" "You know this guy?" asked Rock. "Yeah." said Jewels flatly, "That tin can attacked us on the other side of the island. Failed at it missarably." "Hey!" cursed Coconuts, "I'm Talking Here!" "What do you think we should do with it?" asked Rock, obviously ignoring Coconuts. "KIKIKI!" screached Coconuts in fustration, "NOW YOU'VE MAD ME MAD!" "Quite for a minite there." snapped Jewels, "We're having a private chat." "FINE!" cursed Coconuts, "BOMBS AWAY!" Coconut bombs started to rain down onto Rock and Jewels. Rock punched the bombs away as Zappy flew undetected by Coconuts. She flew above the balloon and pecked a hole into the fabric. The machine suddenly raced off out of control as Coconuts held on to dear life. "KIKikiki..." it screached as it dissapired pass the volcano. "Nice work Zappy." smiled Rock as the flicky landed onto his out streached finger. "Ugh.." mumbled Hot Rod as came to, "What happened?" "For a change you passed out." said Jewels, "And it was just when that robot monkey paid us a vist." "How are you feeling?" asked Rock. "I..Feel o.k." said Hot Rod, "It was like something took my strength away for a moment.." "Anyways." said Jewels, "We should be close to the forest by now. lets go." Rock helped Hot Rod to his feet and they walked up the road to a rise and they could see the forest ahead in the distance. "There it is!" smiled Jewels, "It's over the next rise." Suddenly a tremor hit, knocking them to the ground. The ground opened in front of them as Magma flowed down it. When the tremor stopped, they got back up to their feet and saw the magma flow before them. "Damn!" cursed Jewels, "We can't get across!" "We may have to go close to the volcano." said Rock. "Jacky told us that's a very bad idea." retorted Jewels, "There must be another way." Hot rod rubbed his chin and said "Do you remember what Jewels said in her trance when you showed her the gauntlet, Rock?" "Yeah.." said Rock, "Something about ruins made by an alchemist or something of the like." Hot Rod told him about what had happen to them after they had found the book in the chapel. "Hm..." muttered Rock as his eyes glanced around. Spotting a large tree, he said "Got an idea." Rock grabbed the tree and tried to pull it out of the ground, with seemingly no luck. "Maybe try it with the gauntlet on?" suggested Hot Rod. "K." shrugged Rock. As he put it on, he could feel it was a tight fit. Once again here tried to uproot the tree. It suddenly lurched out of the ground as Rock struggled to keep him balance. He hurled it to the ground, crossing the magma flow. "You did it!" cheered hot Rod and Jewels. "And don't ask me to do that again!" panted Rock, "That was tough!" They crossed the tree and rushed towards the forest, all the while, being watched.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:57 pm

Chapter 22: Tree Top Trouble.
Jewels, Hot Rod, Rock and Zappy stopped just outside the forest. An eerie gloom seemed to dance through the trees as branches tangled with one another. "You sure about this?" asked Hot Rod nervously, his eyes darting about. "Yes I'm sure!" said Jewels, hiding her fear, "All we need to do is to mark our path." "On it!" said Rock as he picked up a thick branch. The three entered the forest carefully and slowly, Rock dragging the branch on the ground as they went. The figure of someone quickly followed them and covered the tracks as they went. Soon, the trio came to a fork in the road. "Which way?" asked Hot Rod. "This way." said Jewels, unsure of her choise. They followed the path as the unknown figure arrived at the fork. "Heheh.." the figure mumbled as the figure proceded to make a new trail going the other direction. Hours seemed to go by as path after path seemed to all look the same. "How are we going to find that relic?" complained Hot Rod, "We've been going around in circles and it all looks the same!" "Have faith, man!" snapped Rock, "Since we got here, all you seem to do is whine!" "You makin' an issue?!" cursed Hot Rod. "Can't you two save your childish nature for another time!" roared Jewels. Zappy suddenly turned her head as Rock and Hot Rod were shouting at each other. Zappy quickly landed on Jewels shoulder and chirped like mad. "Huh?!" said Jewels, unable to understand the flicky. "I'LL RELOCATE THAT BEAK OF YOURS, FEATHER BRAIN!" cursed Rock. "I'D LOVE TO SEE YOU TRY, YOU FLOPPY EARED FRUMP!" cursed back Hot Rod. "WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP FOR A MOMENT!" shouted Jewels with an ear pericing screech. When the two stopped, Jewels said "I think Zappy has something. But I don't understand her." "What is it, Zappy?" asked Rock.  Zappy chripped and Rock said "She wants us to listen." "Is that it?" snorted Hot Rod, "To what exactly?" "Shh.." said Rock as he tried to hear what Zappy had heard. Both Jewels and Hot Rod tried but heard nothing. "Did you hear anything?" asked Hot Rod. "No. You?" replied Jewels. "Not me." snorted Hot Rod, turning to Rock "What about you?" Rock stayed silent for a moment before saying "I..I think I hear singing..." Suddenly he bolted forward and called "This way!" Hot Rod and Jewels looked at each other for a moment and raced after him. As they went they could started to hear someone was indeed sing a lament. They soon spotted a fox hanging from the branches, her long tail and her legs seemed to be held prisoner by them. "Hey!" called Rock to the fox, "You OK?" The fox stopped her lament and saw the three below her. "Please get me down from here." she said, "My legs are caught in the branches." Rock heaved Hot Rod and Jewels clambered on top of Hot Rod. Jewels grabbed the fox's hands and pulled her down. However Hot Rod fell out from benith her and crashed onto Rock. Jewels closed her eyes for a moment but quickly realised that she wasn't falling as fast. When she looked up, to her surprise, the fox was flying her back down to the ground by spinning her long tail. Once back on the ground, the Fox said "Thank you for getting me out of those branches. I thought I could fly out of these woods but the canopy is just too thick." "Who are you?" asked Jewels. "My name is Lucy." replied the fox with a smile. "Nice to meet you Lucy," said Jewels as Zappy landed on her finger, "I'm Jewels. These two are Hot Rod and Rock. But your thanks should got to Zappy here."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:01 pm

Chapter 23: The Clearing Shrine.
"What you guys doing here anyway?" asked Lucy. "We're trying to find a shrine that is hidden somewhere around here." said Rock. "A shrine?" said Lucy, "I think I might know where it is...That is if I wasn't lost. These woods seem to be the same no matter where you go." "May I ask where?" asked Hot Rod. "There is a clearing somewhere around here." said Lucy, "One of these paths lead to it, but I can't remember which one.." "Why not tag along with us till we find it?" said Jewels, "No sence in walking around and running into dead ends on your own." "Agreed." said Lucy. "So...What now?" said Hot Rod. "Zappy, can you find the clearing?" said Rock. Zappy chripped and flew off ahead. "Follow that flicky!" called Rock as he rushed off. Hot Rod, Lucy and Jewels quickly followed Rock and Zappy through the forest till Zappy stopped. Rock look at the path where she stopped at and looked. Suddenly Hot Rod, Lucy, and Jewels crashed into him one after another. "That must be the path." grouned Rock. "Lets go." said Hot Rod. Zappy tweeted unhappily and Rock looked at his friend with curiousity. "What's wrong, Zappy?" he asked. Zappy chripped with dismay and Rock turned to the others and said "Zappy is scared by something down this path. It might be the way to the clearing, but she doesn't want to go." "Here's a thought." said Jewels, "Why don't you and Zappy stay here while Hot Rod, Lucy and I go check it out?" "Huh?" jumped Rock. "If Zappy doesn't want to go, It would be bad to leave her here on her own." said Jewels. "But what if you need my help?" said Rock. "Then I'd come and get you." said Hot Rod, "Concider it a tag in. I'd stay here and keep Zappy company." "..Fair enough." said Rock reluctently, "But be careful." Jewels, Lucy and Hot Rod walked down the path and, after a bend, found the clearing. "We did it!" jumped Hot Rod in joy. "It's nice to see sky once more." said Lucy with a smile. "Hey!" said Jewels, "There's the shrine!" Jewels rushed up towards a pile of alblaster while stones. It was obvious there once was a building here. "The relic is around here somewhere." she mumbled as the others caught up. "Relic?" asked Lucy. "We'll explain later." said Hot Rod, "But right now we need to find it." After a few minites of searching, Hot Rod said "I think I found it!" Jewels and Lucy quickly came when Hot Rod said "Hold up Jewels. This stone has that weird symble again. But I feel air coming out from under it." "Then you should get Rock." said Jewels, "I suspect we'll need his str..." Jewels suddenly collapsed to ground. "Oh My God!" jumped Lucy, "Are you alright!?" "God dang it!" snorted Hot Rod, "Not this again. Could you stay with her for a moment, I got to get Rock here." Hot Rod bolted off before she could say a word. Lucy sat Jewels up and said "Come on...Wake up." Jewels opened her eyes, but to Lucy's surprise, her pupils were not there. "Though Atlas held the world upon his shoulders," said Jewels, "Only the fey could dance upon the teeth of death." Jewels once again closed her eyes as Lucy tried to figure out what she ment. "Is everyone o.k?!" called Rock. "Over here!" called Lucy. Rock reached them and asked "Did she say anything?" "She mumble 'Though Atlas held the world upon his shoulders, only the fey could dance upon the teeth of death.'" repeated Lucy, "What does she mean? What's wrong with her." "I don't know what's wrong but I know what she means." replied Rock.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Chapter 24: Under The Shrine.
Rock walked over to the stone and heaved it up to reveal a set of stairs going down. The stone flopped down onto it's back as Rock tried to catch his breath. "That..Was..Heavy...." he panted, "I think..you should...check it out, Lucy.." "What?!" jumped Lucy, "But what about Jewels?" "Don't worry." muttered Rock, "I'll keep an eye on her. Just remember what she said, only the fey could dance upon the teeth of death." "But.." started Lucy but Rock motioned to be silent. "Getting whatever is in there is what will help Jewels." he said, "It's all up to you." "...Ok..." mumbled Lucy. Reluctently she decended the stairs and saw a small hallway. At one end she saw an alter with torches to either side. She herself stood at the other. A long carpet streached from the alter to her feet. "Only the fey could dance upon the teeth of death.." she mumbled over and over again. There didn't seem to be anything odd about this hallway but something wasn't right none the less. Lucy picked up a small stone and dropped it on the edge of the carpet. She could hear the dulled clack of the stone hitting floor. She picked it up once more and tossed it to the middle of the carpet. There was a feint thump but the stone did not bonce. "Of course!" she said, snapping her fingers, "A pit trap." Lucy spun her tail and flew towards the alter. She saw a demonic look staff placed across the alter and she picked it up. Suddenly a stone block fell off the roof and crashed through the carpet. the carpet fell away to reveal a long spike filled pit."Yikes..." she muttered, "That's what she ment by teeth of death." Lucy flew back to the enterence and showed Rock the staff. "You sure this is what will help her?" she asked. Suddenly Jewels spoke "Carved of dark wood, The staff once belonged to a king who's black heart brought fear to those who'd stand before him." "Jewels?!" cried Lucy. "Give her a moment." said Rock holding her back. After a few moments, Jewels sat back up and looked about in confusion. "Huh?" she said, "Did I black out again?" "Yes you did" said Rock, "We found a staff. But Now lets get out of this forest!" "Well hold on!" snapped Lucy, "Whatever happened to her must have been quiet tramatic. She should rest up a bit." "Look." started Rock. "She's right.." said Jewels, struggling to her feet, "It would be better if we took a rest. Let's go find Hot Rod and Zappy and rest for a bit before we get out of the forest." Rock looked at the two girl and reluctenly said "Fine, but let's not stay too long." The trio walked back into the forest and found Hot Rod seemingly sleeping on the ground. Rock kicked Hot Rod awake and said "Hey wake up lazy bones!" Hot Rod shot up, his head darting about. "Huh what?!" he said. "This is not a place for sleeping!" cursed Rock. "Hey?" said Jewels, "Where Zappy?" Rock looked about and noticed that she was gone. "Zappy?!" he called, "Zappy, where are you?!" However Zappy didn't come. "She must have took off." muttered Lucy. "What did you do to Zappy?!" cursed Rock as he grabbed Hot Rod by the scruff of his neck. "I didn't do anything!" gasped Hot Rod as he struggled to break free. "Stop it, Rock!" cursed Jewels, twisting his ear. "Ahaha!" cried Rock as he dropped Hot Rod to the ground. "There is no point in arguing now!" said Jewels harshly, "We've got to look for her and get out of this forest." "He he he." came an unfamilier voice, "If you want the bird you going to have to give me that staff!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Chapter 25: Crossing Swords.
The group turned to see a well dressed, brown feathered bird standing there with a cane in one hand and a lantern in the other with Zappy inside it. "Zappy!" called Rock in anger. "Hand over the staff and the gauntlet or the flicky gets it." he snorted. "Who the heck are you?" demanded Jewels. "My, my." said the bird, "Aren't we feisty. I am Linus. I'm sure you have met my associates, Mezek and Greif." "So you're the one behind this!" cursed Hot Rod, "What do you want with these relics anyways?" "Why immortality." sneered Linus, "It would be far better for you to just hand over the relics now." "Not a chance!" cursed Hot Rod as he rushed forward. With a sudden flash, Hot Rod found himself at the tip of a sword. "I am trying to be restrained, you moronic feather duster." snarled Linus, "Just hand over the relics and this will all be over." "But then what will you do once you get these relic?" asked Lucy. "Take over the world, naturely." said Linus. "Not if we can stop it!" cursed Rock, who ran towards and jumped over Linus. Linus turned to slash him with his swordstick, but Rock blocked it with the gauntlet. Hot Rod tried to attack once more as Rock countered another attack from Linus. Jewels managed to grab the lantern and tried free Zappy. Lucy meanwhile stood back and watched, the staff clenched in her hands. Linus managed to fight off Hot Rod and Rock and lunged towards Jewels as she was distracted. "Jewels Look Out!" cried Lucy. The staff suddenly flashed and a stone wall popped up in Linus's path. Unable to stop in time, Linus crashed into the sudden wall and glared at Lucy. "Did I just...Do that?" she said in awe. "The tales were true!" cursed Linus, "Such power!" Hot Rod and Rock both dove towards Linus who jumped aside. The two collided and Linus cursed "The day may be yours, But I will win in the end! I shall take my leave for now. Enjoy your doom for it will soon come! Ha ha ha ha!" Linus quickly fled down the forest path into the darkness. "Good riddens!" snorted Hot Rod  as he and Rock got back up. "I dought that will be the last we'll see of him." cursed Jewels as she managed to open the lantern, freeing Zappy. "With that done, lets get out of here." said Rock as he hugged Zappy, who had flown to him. They followed the drag marks that Rock had made earlier but started to notice that they seem to be going in circles once again. "Not again!" cursed Hot Rod. Suddenly Zappy chirpped up and flew down a path without any scratchs on the ground. "Hey Zappy!" call Rock in anger, "We didn't come that way!" "Huh?" said Lucy as she leaned down, "Hey. It looks like someone was covering their tracks." "Are you sure, Lucy?" asked Jewels. "Yes I am." she replied, "The ground is hard around here, but there seems to be a line in the ground that is loose." "It must have been that gook from before!" snapped Hot Rod, "He must have followed us in and removed the trail we made and left a false one!" "Let's get out of this forest and hurry back to the ruins on the otherside of the island." said Jewels, "Jacky might know where to go next." "Yeah and I think we should get that book from her too." said Hot Rod, "Just in case those brain dead morons and their gook for a boss get it." "Um?" said Lucy, "Who's Jacky?" "You'll see." said Jewels, "Lets go."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next