Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Chapter Twenty Six: Feelings Of Guilt.
As Maxus tried to sleep, he started to have nightmeres. Visions of demons was normal for Maxus, but he saw demonic versions of other like Fisker, Poison and Roxanne. Maxus felt that he was helpless as he dreamed to save them and failed. Even the coyote he met, continued to say to him "This is your fault! You didn't stop her when you had the chance!" Maxus couldn't take it anymore and let out a blood curtling scream. Zexal quickly rushed into his room and called "Maxus! Wake up!" Maxus awakened in a deep sweat. "What happened?" asked Zexal. Maxus took a moment to calm down before saying "It..It was only a nightmere..." The Innkeeper rushed up and asked in panic "Is everything alright?!" "Yes.." panted Maxus deeply, "It was just..a bad dream.." The Innkeeper disapired for a moment and came back with a glass of water. Maxus drank it slow and started to relaxe. "That must have been one heck of a nightmere." said the Innkeeper. "You don't seemed fazed by this." said Zexal, "This was the first time I heard my friend like that." "My.." started the Innkeeper, tearring up, "My son had done it before...For three years.. every two months he would scream like that..It was twenty two years since I've..." "I'm sorry to bring up bad memories..." appollogiese Zexal. "It's quite alright." replied the Innkeeper, "I sometime can still hear him in my sleep..." "I'm sorry that I startled everyone.."said Maxus finally, "We should get back to sleep."Zexal and the Innkeeper left the room and Maxus slowly went back to sleep. When Maxus awoke, the dark dream from the night still bothered him. As he got up and headed down stairs, Zexal greeted him. "You're finally up. Do you know what time it is?" "About eight." yawned Maxus. "Try Noon!" said Zexal flatly. "Whaawn?!" replied Maxus as he covered his mouth. "Anyways." said Zexal, "The mayor is waiting for us." Maxus stumbled after Zexal out of the Inn and saw Mayor Strumber sitting in a jeep. "I see our midnight howler is finally up." he said with cheecky grin, "Let us be off!" Maxus and Zexal got into the jeep and after ten minites arrived at the shores of Brackwater Lake. "Here we are!" said the mayor. Maxus looked about and saw that it was nothing but a lake with sandy shores. But he suddenly heard what sounded like a guitar strings. "Did you hear something?" he asked. "Sounds like music." said Zexal as he got out of the jeep. "I know who that is." said the mayor with a smile, "Come with me." Maxus and Zexal followed the mayor as the sound of music got louder. It was there that Maxus saw a young kit fox strumming a guitar. "So this is were you've been hidding!" said the mayor with a smile. The other fox turned and said "I'm not a kid anymore father!" "Ahem." he said, "This is my daughter Jacklin. Jacky, these two are Maxus and Zexal." "Are they here to catch Kale?" she snapped as she got up. "No, Jacky." said the mayor, "Remember that tournament thing that I spoke of." "What are you talking about?" she said as she turned away. "Don't give me that!" said the mayor, raising his voice a little, "I know you heard me bring it up with the Innkeeper. Maxus is the one who will fight Kale." "Oh." snarled Jacky, "I'm guessing that you payed him to enter it so you could be rid of him!" "What!?!?" shouted the mayor nervously, "Jacky! How could you say that?!" "Because I can!" she snapped "Now leave me alone!" Jacky ran down the lake shore while Maxus and Zexal were clueless as to what was going on. "What was that all about?" asked Maxus. "There is one thing I didn't mention.." sighed the mayor, "Ten years ago the village was attacked by Dr. Eggman's robots and half the village was taken hostage...Inclueding my daughter. They were taken to a newly built factory to be roboticzed. However Kale had sabatoged the machine and distroied the factory, saved them. I.." "He was once a fellow villager." said Zexal, "Wasn't he?" Mayor Strumber nodded. "He tried to play a trick on my daughter...But instead of using bang cap, he used Blasting caps." said the mayor, "Though no one was hurt badly, I had no choise but to Exile him. He was not expected to survive..When he save my Jacky and the other villager...All I could think of was to allow him to come home...But he refused, saying that his home is, was and ever be the Badlands themselves." "How old was he when he was exiled?" asked Maxus. "Four years old." said the mayor with a guilty tone.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://kk-afterbrun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction) - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Fighters. (90 Chapter Fan Fiction)

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Chapter Twenty Seven: Campfire Sorrows.
"I am bound by old village traditions." said the mayor, "Because he could have killed someone, the punisment was banishment." "I see where this is going.." said Zexal, "He's been plaguing the area to punish you and the village for what you did to him." Maxus noticed off in the distance something going on and asked "May I asked what is happening over there?" "I thought that you'd never ask." smiled the mayor, "Once every ten years, the people of the village come to Brackwater Lake to have a campfire to celabrate our heritage." "And what would that be?" asked Zexal. "Our village founders were a gang of thieves. Their leader had ordered them that if one day he had not returned from an adventure, they were to find a spot and settle down. Stories of their leader have been passed down for many generations and the village itself was name in his honor. Please excuse me I have some buissness to attened to." As Mayor Strumber walked away, Zexal turned to Maxus and said "Do you not think it is ironic?" "A village of thieves, plagued by a bandit." said Maxus, "That's a new one.." "Anyways I'll go and see what this campfire cellebration is." said Zexal. "Go ahead," said Maxus, "I'll be walking about the lake shore." As Zexal ran off, Maxus walked along the lake he could hear children at play. It all seemed very peaceful dispite the harshness of the area. Maxus then hear someone crying. He looked and saw Jacky, sitting by the shore, crying to herself. "Um...Is something wrong?" he asked. Jacky suddenly realised that Maxus was there and said "Oh I didn't see you there." "Why were you crying?" asked Maxus. "It..It's nothing.." she said. "I noticed that you and your father have some issues." said Maxus, "I know it's not my buissness to intrude but I am curious." "I rather not talk about it." she said getting up. "I understand." said Maxus, "I heard you're music when I got here." "It is my passion." said Jacky, "And it helps me with my inner demons." "Everyone has inner demons they need to fight." said Maxus, "But not everyone knows how to fight their own." "I will be singing at the campfire cellebration to night." said Jacky calmly. "I will look forward to it." smiled Maxus. As the hours tick by, the campfire was prepaired and the villagers came slowly to Brackwater Lake. As Maxus walked around the campfire pit, he could hear stories told to kids and general joy and excitement. It was then he saw someone who he didn't expect. "Madam Mystar?!" he said when he saw her. As she turned around, she smiled and said "Ah Maxus you are here. I must admit that I had my doughts when the mayor of this backwater asked me to come. When I arrived all I could think of was what is this Rabble I see before me? But I see these festivities are quite uplifting." "It seems that your timing for your tournament was very agreeable to the village." said Maxus. It was about nine thirty at night when the campfire was lit. Songs were song and even Madam Mystar seemed to enjoy herself. It was about two in the morning when the villagers started to head back home. Madam Mystar had gone off moments before. Maxus stuck around as the fire dimmed. He could hear someone shouting and went to investigate. He quickly found Kale and Jacky talking to each other. "How many times do I got to tell you!" snapped Kale, "There ain't no way I am going back to your village!" "Kale please!" begged Jacky. "Look!" snapped Kale, "I have no home there! I have no family! All I want is to be left alone!" Maxus watched as Kale stormed off and saw Jacky starting to cry. "Oh..Why did this happen?" she cried, "It should have been me! It was my prank...It was my fault....." Maxus didn't say a word and backed away slowly. 'That's why she was crying earlier.' he thought, 'The mayor...The way she reacted to him as if he was... I know what's happening here...Pitty I am unable to do anything at this point.'
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Chapter Twenty Eight: Undercutting Kale.
With sunrise fast approching, Maxus got himself ready for the fight. Dispite being a little tired, the fact that he slept half the day, he thought he was ready. Suddenly Kale bursted through the ground behind him as the sun rose and cursed, "I thought it might have been you! Get ready to feel pain!" Before Maxus could say anything, Kale attacked with a couple of punches to the back. Maxus tried a leg sweep, but Kale did a double jump over Maxus, his boosters kicking in at the hight of the first jump, and kicked him in the back of the head. Maxus rolled and quickly turned and opened fire with his gun. Kale quickly dug underground to avoid the shots and opened a hole underneith Maxus. Maxus fell down the hole for a brief moment before Kale hit him with an uppercut. Maxus, now back above ground landed back on his feet and tossed a black flame at Kale. Kale used his boosters to dodge it and he cursed "I've seen that flame before! The nightmeres....It was You!" Maxus was shocked to hear him say that. Kale suddenly tossed a knife towards Maxus. Though it was easy enough to dodge, Maxus almost didn't notice the wire as Kale suddenly whipped the knife back towards him. The knife sliced a shallow gash across Maxus's shoulder. "GAH!" cried Maxus in pain. Kale then suddenly charged towards Maxus then hit him with a flip kick. Maxus fell to the ground and started to struggle to his feet. "Give up while you still can stand!" snorted Kale. "Humph..." replied Maxus, "I haven't been trying." Suddenly Maxus hit Kale in the gut with a right hook. Kale was stunned as Maxus strated hitting him with a punching and kicking combo. Kale stumbled back a bit then rushed at Maxus with his knife. Maxus hit Kale with a back heel kick and then an uppercut. Kale staggered back in a daze before falling forward. Maxus held his arm and watched Kale to see if he was just faking it. "Maxus!" called Zexal as he ran towards his friend. Madam Mystar also had come and saw Kale on the ground. "I believe that you defeated Kale." she said as her white shirted men took him away. "Maxus are you o.k.?" asked Zexal. "I must admit..." said Maxus, "I feel sorry for the guy.." Zexal looked at Maxus somewhat confused. "You are wounded." said Madam Mystar seeing the cut on Maxus's shoulder. "Lucky shot." said Maxus. "It will be wrapped quickly, but there is no time for you to heal." said Madam Mystar, "Counting the test, you have beaten five opponents. You must now face one of my champions. Once you get wrapped up, Boris will take you to him. However your friend cannot join you for this fight." "I understand." said Zexal, "I have other buissness to attened to." As Zexal started to walk away, he suddenly looked back as if something wasn't right. But he shook his head and left. Madam Mystar turned to Maxus and said "Please follow me to town. I have some buissness to take care of." When they got back to Rustfang Village, Maxus saw everyone seemed happy that he won the fight, all but Jacky. Mayor Strumber greeted them generously. "Mayor Strumber, you should be ashamed at yourself!" snapped Madam Mystar to the surprise of all, "You manipulated me into letting Kale enter a tournament that he had no hope in winning! What shameful reason do you have to explain your actions!" The villages were in shock as the mayor struggled to speak. Suddenly Kale's voice rang out, "OUT OF MY WAY!!" Kale was carried towards the mayor and he snarled "You Underhanded Rat! You rigged this so that I was in the tournament! Then you told me that If I directed my opponents to this rat filled backwater that you and the other villagers would leave me alone! Instead you used it to have me so badly hurt that I would have to leave the badlands, or die like I was suppost to twenty two years ago!" This was quite a shock to Madam Mystar and Maxus to hear this. As Kale continued his raging rant, Maxus notice the Innkeeper hidding in the crowd, his face filled with guilt. Maxus then remember when he first saw the Innkeeper holding the photo. 'He was..Kale's father...' Suddenly, Mayor Strumber fell to his knees and begged "Please fogive me.." Maxus notice that Jacky was twisting her father's tail hard. He could see that she cared for Kale were everyone else had cast him off as trouble. "The most sutable punishment as I recall." said Jacky, "Is in the case of the injury, you must help him recover!" "I...I.." stuttered the mayor. "I believe you told me that you are bound by your old traditions." said Maxus as he turned away, "Madam Mystar. Do you have anything else to do here?" "No." she said as she turned and walked away.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Chapter Twenty Nine: Seeking The First Champion.
One of the villagers wrapped the cut on Maxus's shoulder as Boris walked towards him. "Hello again sir." he said, "You now must face one of Madam Mystar's champions. When you are ready, please head for the north end of town. I've been instrucked to bring you to him." "I'll be a few minites." said Maxus as the villager was finishing. "Fine." said Boris and he turned and walked away. Maxus thanked the villager an headed for the Inn. The Innkeeper was behind the counter, once again holding the old photo. "That's a photo of you and Kale, isn't it?" said Maxus. " The Innkeeper glanced up at Maxus then lowered his head in guilt. "It must have been hard for you to disown your son." continued Maxus. "We did our best.." said the Innkeeper with sorrow. "When his mother died a few years ago, I flet I'd lost everything I had...There is no way I can mend what I had done..." Maxus walked towards him and said "Your son may not be the boy you once had...But you should feel at least proud that he defied the odds stacked against him." Maxus now saw the photo. The Innkeeper, his late wife, and a very young Kale having a picnic by Brackwater Lake. "I'm sorry.." said the Innkeeper, starting to tear up, "But I must insist that you leave." "I understand." said Maxus, "I bid you fearwell." Maxus left the Inn and started to walk towards the edge of town. He noticed some kids playing hide and seek with Jacky. He could see that the villagers always smiled when she was around and the feeling was that one of that they all cared for her. A smiled crossed Maxus's face just seeing the kids at play as he turned to the road ahead. At the edge of town he saw Boris standing next to a helicopter. "Please hurry sir!" he called as the rotor blades started to spin. Maxus quickly ran to the helicopter and jumped in. Boris passed him a headset and and took the helicopter into the air. "We be making one stop for fuel before we get to our destination, sir." said Boris as the helicopter headed eastwards. "Where is our destination?" called Maxus, an old abandoned prison, sir." replied Boris, "It was once called Sandstream Prison. It was home to many dangerous criminals till a few decades ago." "A Prison?!" said Maxus with surprise, "Why was it closed?" "Too many inmates died there." said Boris, "They were beaten by the guards and some were exicuted with only days left in their inturnment. Conditions there were more like a death camp. If you went there, you were never expected to be released alive." Maxus was horrified at what Boris was telling him. "What happened after they closed the prison?" he asked. "The guards and the warden were sent to prison and the surviving convict were granted an early freedom for exposing the inhumaine butcherings that occured." said Boris. "You seem to know alot about this place." said Maxus "I was part of the jury member durring the trial." said Boris, "It's seered into my mind at the actions of this place." Maxus looked out the window and saw the dusty sands of Dusty dunes Zone racing beneth him. "We should be arrivin at our fuel stop shortly, sir." said Boris. "Are you sure?" asked Maxus looking around outside, "This look to be the middle of no where.."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Chapter Thirty: Middle Of Nowhere.
As the helicopter landed, Maxus noticed  a small cave nearby and a fuel truck driving out of it. "Madam Mystar has this all worked out!" he said. "Yes she does sir." said Boris, "This is one of her other hidden retreats. It is underground for added security." "And most would only find it if the wandered the desert." said Maxus. Once the filling of the fuel was done, Boris tried to start the helicopter, but it wouldn't start. "Oh dear..." he said, "I was hopping to make our destination before the Sandstorm hits. But it seems the helicopter is malfunctioning..." "Then I'll be late for my next match." said Maxus, worriedly. "I will inform Madam Mystar that we had some technical difficulties and are unable to leave here till the sandstorm passes." said Boris, "She will understand that it is an unforsence event..." As he walked passed Maxus he added in a mumble, "I could have swarn that I checked everything twice and had maintence inspect it." "Umm.." started Maxus. "Oh sorry sir." jumped Boris, "You can enter my boss's hidden retreat until the helicopter is fixed. But please be mindful of any place that is off limits. Madam Mystar would have my head if she knew that you entered one of those areas." "Understood." said Maxus as he walked into the cave. However hidding behind a large rock, Roxanne was watching him. "Hehehe.." she snickered, "Messin' with that copter was a great idea. Now I found one of Madam Mystar's private places, I'll see what she's got to take and get my revenge on that Hedgehog." Making sure no one was looking, Roxanne made a run for the cave enterance and slipped in undetected. Maxus walked down the path carved into the rock. Many peices of machinery digging for stuff through hard stones lay scattered about the further he went. 'What is going on here?' thought Maxus as he looked around. Suddenly as he rounded a courner, he colided with Boris. "Oh sorry." said Maxus. "It is no problem sir." replied Boris, "However I have some bad news for you. The storm that will hit us will be lasting at least two days and I am unable to reach Madam Mystar at this point of time. I have to call for a general lock down of the retreat for everyone's saftey." "It happens." said Maxus, who thought to himself, 'When it rains, it pours! This is going to sucks!' Meanwhile, Roxanne had managed to find a small gold statuette and was making her way to the cave enterence with it when a massive steel door closed up the enterence. "Blast!" she cursed under her breath, "Looks like I'm stuck here." She looked about and found a small spot to hide the statuette. "I'll hide you here for now and then find that Hedgehog and hurt him good." she muttered as she hid her prize. "Now where should I look?" Meanwhile, Maxus was following Boris to a set of doors deep in the cave. "What are behind these doors?" he asked. "They are some of Madam Mystar's guest rooms." said Boris, "She does not have much company and yet she has enough for over thirty guest. You will be staying in one for the time that you are here." As he opened one of these rooms, Maxus could see the room was a mess. When Boris noticed the state of the room, he paniced. "No!" he shouted and ran about the room. "Its Gone!" he shouted, "We've Been Robbed!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:31 pm

Chapter Thirty One: Roxanne's Revenge.
"Stop for a second!" said Maxus grabbing hold of Boris, "What has been taken?" "A gold statuette!" paniced Boris. "Was it there before?" asked Maxus. "I was here earlier getting this room set up for you!" panic Boris as he tried to squirm out of Maxus's grip. "There is a good chance that the thief is still here." said Maxus, trying to calm him down, "Otherwise, if they made it outside then they would be caught in that massive storm without protection." Boris looked at Maxus for a moment and said "Do you believe that?!" "I frimly believe it!" said Maxus. Boris started to calm down a bit and said "You look around, I will check the security cameras for anything out of the ordinary. I will contact you on this if I see anything." Boris handed Maxus a two-way radio and rushed down the tunnel and Maxus started in the other direction. 'Who could have taken something from a place this well hidden...' thought Maxus as he walked down the tunnel. As he passed one path, Roxanne peered out from the shadows and flashed and evil grin. She quickly let off a small lightning bolt at Maxus then hid back into the shadows. Maxus was stunned for a moment and turned to see no one and continued down the tunnel. With Maxus further away, Roxanne tip-toed her way to one of the other rooms and slipped in. Meanwhile Maxus was continued his path when Boris called out on the two-way radio "You were correct, sir. The thief is still here and was spotted leaving the guest room area. Heading for the door control room." "Where's that?" asked Maxus. "It is....." started Boris but suddenly the line went dead. "Boris?" called Maxus, "Boris do you hear me?!" "He can't hear you now Maxus!" came Roxanne's voice. "Roxanne!?!" cursed Maxus. "Good luck trying to find me!" she laughed, "Especially with the lights out!" Suddenly the light went out and Maxus couldn't see anything. 'Humph!' he thought, 'If she thinks that I'm unable to see, what would she think if I caught her.' Maxus stumbled down the tunnel and after a few minites found his way to the sealed exit. He hid himself nearby. Using his sence, Maxus waited till Roxanne snuck back to hid another stolen item in her little hidding spot. Maxus quickly jumped her and managed to wreasle her to the ground. "Got You!" snapped Maxus. However, Roxanne kneed Maxus in the crotch and stormed down into the darkness. Suddenly the lights came back on and the enterence opened. The gust of sandy winds started to rush in and a safety door shut in front of Maxus. Maxus was now trapped outside in the storm with very little cave protecing him. Maxus did as best as he could to hide from the chocking sandstorm. Suddenly the outer door closed and the inner door opened once more. Boris was standing there with two others holding Roxanne, who squirmed about. Boris spoke, but Maxus could not hear him and motioned for a moment. Maxus tilted his head and knocked all the sand out from his ears and said "What was that you were about to say?" "I said that we caught the thief." said Boris, I would not have expected that Roxanne would have been able to get here as such." "I believe she has been following me for revenge." said Maxus, walking over to her stash, "I believe that this is where the stolen items are." Boris checked the spot and found the missing statuette and set of keys to the tanker truck. "I suspect that the stolen items were bait for me to try and grab her here and be locked out in the storm." said Maxus.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Chapter Thirty Two: Sandstream Prison.
"Seal her into one of the rooms." said Boris, to the two men holding Roxanne. "I will get you for this, Maxus!" cursed Roxanne as the two men dragged her away, "You haven't seen the last of me!" "Don't you hate an unrulely house guest?" asked Maxus. "I will have to inform Madam Mystar about this event..." said Boris, "She will be furious but a least pleased that it was rectified quickly. Now maybe you should clean off the sand that you brought in here before you turn in for the night." Boris walked back down the tunnel and Maxus found his way to a bathroom and cleaned himself once more. Once he returned to his room, he could see that it was put back into order and he turned in for the night. The nightmere that he had in Rustfang Village pluaged his sleep. Demonicly twisted voice of his opponents and his friends telling him "Why did you fail us? Why did you let us become this?" Maxus tossed and turned vilontly and fell out of bed. The landing made him wake up and look about his room. 'What are these dark dreams telling me?' he thought franticly, 'Is there something ill that will happen? Is it because I am in this tournament?' Maxus crawled back into his bed and tried to return to sleep. After a few hours passed, Maxus was awoken by a knock on the door. "Sir!" came Boris's muffled voice. Maxus got up and opened the door. "I have some good news sir!" smiled Boris, "The storm is starting to subside. We will be able to finish our journey to Sandstream Prison. I was also able to reach Madam Mystar and explain the situation. Her champion will be waiting for us." "That is nice to hear." said Maxus. "Is everything alright sir?" asked Boris, "I thought you would estatic to hear the news." "No no." yawned Maxus, "I'm sill a little tired this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. Did they figure out what had happened to the helicopter?" "It seemed that Roxanne had disconnected some of the wires and removed some of the sparkplugs." said Boris, "We will be leaving in an Hour. Take some time to eat a meal before we go. The dinning hall is the fifth door on the left as you walk towards the exit." After eating his fill, Maxus made his way out of the cave towards the helicopter. Boris was already inside doing some last minite checks as Maxus got in. "Are you ready, Sir?" asked Boris. "Let's get this show on the road." said Maxus. The helicopter took off and headed for Sandstream prison. Maxus watched the ground as Boris piloted it towards a massive sunken canyon in the middle of the desert. From their vantage point, Maxus could make out a small building at the egde of one of the canyon walls. "How many bodies did they find?" asked Maxus. "Only two." said Boris, "It was estimated that many hundreds were killed and tossed into the canyon's raging river with stones attached to them. However the river is too dangerous to check because of it's speed." "So that is the prison there." said Maxus pointing at the small building. Boris shook his head. "No it is not sir." he said, "It is further down the canyon and much larger then that small outpost. It is that building over there." Boris pointed ahead to another building that was overhanging the canyon walls. "I give you Sandstream Prison." said Boris with distaste, "A place for only the most wreatched prisoners to rot in."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:38 pm

Chapter Thirty Three: Breakout King.
As the helicopter landed just outside the walls of the old prison, Maxus could see the it's impresive size. "This place is huge!" he said as a stench passed his nose, "UGH! The stench of death is putridly ripe." Boris, holding his nose said "Your opponent is somewhere inside the prison walls. Do not worry about the prison itself, it was built far better then any other prison ever made. Seek the Champion, Splatter the Hyena. He will determin if you continue your unbeaten streak." Maxus entered the busted main gate into the prison grounds. Rags and bones layed scattered about as Maxus made his way cautiously into the prison itself. More torn fabrics and broken furniture as well as crumbling stone walls cluttered the corridor as he went. Maxus suddenly heard a faint cackling laugh echoing down the hall. Maxus raced forward till he ended up in the main cell block area. Suddenly the path he had come through was closed off by a massive steel portcullis that had dropped from the celing. "He he he!" cackled the voice, "We come, he he he he he. You are here to fight me aren't you, he he he." "I'm Maxus Primus!" called Maxus, "Show yourself!" "He ha he ha." laughed the voice, "I am Splatter, I'm here in one of the cells. Oh but which one? there are just so many of them..He he h ehe Or am I even in this cell block? Can you find me? Ha ha ha...I think not!"  Splatter's laughter filled the cell block and Maxus tried his best to pinpoint were he could be. "Can think with all that laughter..." mumbled Maxus, "There must be something I could say to piss him off." "Standing around won't help you find me." laughed Splatter. An idea suddenly came to Maxus and he called out, "If you had a safe filled with money in front of you and you wanted to take it, but you didn't have the combination and you weren't allowed to distroy it, How would you get the money out?" Splatter's laughter died down as Maxus used the scilence to sence if Splatter was nearby. His sence told him that he was in the building, but Splatter was not in the cell block area, but further up ahead in the portion of the prison that overhung the canyon wall and several levels above. Maxus raced forward into the cell block area and found some stair as Splatter's echoing laughter picked up again. "Simple really!" he laughed, "I'd get a lock pick!" As Maxus got up higher and higher in the cell block, he could see the remains of some of the prisoners who never made it out, still clinging to their cell doors. Maxus continued, dispite the un-nerving sence around him. Even when he got to the top of the cell block, Maxus could sence somewhat that Splatter was at least a floor higher then him. Maxus started to run the down the lenght of the cell blocks, looking for a way up just as Splatter's laughter ceased. As he passed one cell, Maxus stopped and backtracked a few steps to see the roof had collapsed and he quickly scrambled up to the next floor. He looked down the whole lenght of the hallway he emerged into and noted that one end was impassible and the other lead to what looked to be the warden's office. For a moment, Maxus just watched and he quickly saw some movement. He bolted down the hall and into the office. But Splatter wasn't inside, but there was a hole in the left wall that looked new as dust and stones still were falling off.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Chapter Thirty Four: Splattered!
Maxus rushed towards the hole and saw that there was a ledge to walk on. He inched his way towards the prison roof and that is were he saw Splatter who was waiting for him. "Did,'t you find that place A-Maze-ing!" laughed the green furred hyena. Maxus got himself off the ledge, folded his arms and said harshly "Do you always look with a squint or do you have stupidity in you eyes?" "Oh is the hedgehog mad?" laughed Splatter, "I was only having a little fun." "In a prison with so many dead and tormented souls?!" snapped Maxus, "Are you sickly twisted or just plain stupid?" "Ha ha..a...WHAT?!" said Splatter opening his eyes wide with surprise. Maxus saw a chance and said "You are the dumbest opponent I've ever met! I can also tell that you must be a crook to end up choosing a place like this...And a pretty lousy one at that!" Splatter was stunned at Maxus's comments. "I've ran across a thief who could get others around her in to trouble to cover her own tracks!" continued Maxus, "And a Bandit who only take food and things to burn that hasn't been caught in twenty year! It looks to me that it took you ten minutes just to get caught!" Splatter looked at Maxus with a blank expreasion and said "How did you know that I was a crook?" "You told me.." smile Maxus, "You moron!" Splatter closed his eyes for a moment then glared at Maxus with intented. "Fine then!" he spat, his humor seemingly dried up, "I'll show you where to put that temper of yours!" Splatter charged towards Maxus and threw a punch. Maxus dodge the attack and drew his gun and opened fire. Splatter simply punched the cork shots back at Maxus. Maxus managed to avoid them and saw Splatter rushing to throw another punch at him. It was then when he dodged the attack that he noticed the broken shackles on Splatter's wrists and ankles. As Splatter attacked again, Maxus tried hit him with a kick to the face. However Splatter grabbed Maxus's foot and tossed him into the air. Maxus tried to drop kick Splatter, who once again grabbed his leg and tossed him through the wall and back into the office. Maxus struggled to his feet as Splatter laughed angraly, "Look who's sleeping on the job!" Maxus opened fire with his gun once more as he rushed towards Splatter. Splatter just simple knocked the shots away and just lifted his boot for Maxus to crash into. Maxus fell over but slid under Splatter knocking him on to his face. Maxus shook off the hit as he and Splatter got back to their feet. "Oh come on then!" snapped Maxus, "I've been hit harder then that!"  "You callen me weak?!" snarled Splatter. "No said Maxus with a evil smile, "That would be insulting for people who are weak!" Splatter stomped a hole into the roof and cursed "Alright!, I was trying to being nice! And Now you asked for it!" Splatter jumped into the air and rocketed down with another punch. Maxus rolled out of the way as Splatter punched another hole in the roof. Maxus quickly hit Splatter  with a short punching combo before hitting Splatter with a drop kick. Splatter got back to his feet and was fuming mad. "If that's the way you want to fight!" he growled, "Then it's time for this elevator to go down!" Splatter jumped up into the air and stomped hard onto the roof. Suddenly the roof around Maxus and Splatter gave way and tumbled into the prison.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Chapter Thirty Five: Halfway There.
The roof crashed at the foot of the Cell block with it's two combatents rushing to get to their feet. Splatter ducked into a cell as Maxus drew his sword. Suddenly Splatter ripped a block of sandstone out of the wall with it's chain still attached. He started to swing it about and tossed it towards Maxus who dove out of the way. Though the block shattered, Splatter used the chain as a whip to attack Maxus. Maxus didn't want to use his sword and risk lossing it, but thinking fast, he tossed a few black flames at Splatter. When the exploded, Maxus watched for any sign that Splatter was down for the count. When the smoke cleared, to his shock, Splatter just stood there and dusted himself off. "Humph!" he snorted as he charged at Maxus with the chain. Maxus dove towards Splatter as he attacked and manage to grab the chain. This was a bad move however as Splatter started to swing Maxus around like a set of bolas. Splatter launched Maxus through the steel portcullis and into the yard. Maxus struggle to get up as Splatter walked out towards him, ripping a steel bar form one of the prison windows. Splatter put one foot onto Maxus's back and started to wrap the chain around the bar. 'Go to think of something fast' thought Maxus in a panic as Splatter was finishing his chain wrapped club. Maxus quickly used his sword and slashed Splatter across his leg. "AH!" cursed Splatter as he got off Maxus's back. Maxus got back to his feet and tried to rush him. Splatter just swatted him away with his club, knocking Maxus back to the ground. Maxus could barely get back to his feet as he watched Splatter limp towards him. Splatter's squint looked full of rage as he approched. Seeing no other option, Maxus grabed a hand full of sand and when Splatter was close enough, tossed into his face. "GAH!" cursed Splatter as he stumbled back. Maxus then tackled him and started to punch him many times in the face, before Splatter manage to toss him off. Maxus couldn't hold out for much longer and hoped only one more attack could finish Splatter off. Splatter lunged at Maxus, who in desperation opened fire with his cork gun with a black flame riding on it. The shot hit Splatter between the eyes as Maxus rolled to the side. The explosion of the Shot brought Splatter down next to the side of the prison's outer wall just as Madam Mystar and Boris entered the prison. As she surveyed the carnage, she said "I see that the fight is over..But who is the winner?" Boris noticed the Maxus was still moving but only just and  Splatter was out cold. "It appires, Boss, That your champion has fallen." he said. Madam Mystar looked at Maxus, then glanced at Splatter and said "Are you sure, Boris? they look like they both fell." Maxus tried once more to return to his feet, but the fight was more intense then he'd expected. Boris helped Maxus to his feet as a pair of white shirts came and took Splatter away. Madam Mystar walked over to Maxus and said "I congradulate you on beating my first champion, Maxus. There will be a delay before your next match that has yet to be determind." Maxus smiled before passing out. Some more white shirts came in and took Maxus away. "Do you think he can go all the way, Boss?" asked Boris. "I don't know.." she said, "Only time will tell..Pleae leave me for a moment." Boris nodded and exited the prison yard. Madam Mystar stood there looking about, a Sinister looking smile crossed her face before she left.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Chapter Thirty Six: Reaching The Labyrinth.
A week had passed since Maxus's last battle, but he was in no hurry. Waiting in Green Hill Zone was a nice change. "Hey Maxus!" called out Zexal as he walked towards his friend with a letter in his hand, "This came for you!" Maxus opened the letter and said "It's for my next match. My opponent will be waiting for me in Lost Labyrinth Zone." "Isn't that around here?" asked Zexal with suspision. "No, it is not." replied Maxus, "It is further east then here. That's what Madam Mystar's letter says. And I have three day to get there." "Is that it?" said Zexal, "How are you going to get there?" "Um.." said Maxus as he looked at the envolope that the letter came in. Noticing a small paper, he pulled it out and said "Ah! A Boarding Pass." "Can I see that?" asked Zexal. Maxus passed the pass to his friend and he quickly looked it over and passed it back. "I've seen that before." said Zexal, "That's for the bush pilot who stops at Bridge Zone Dock Twice a week" Maxus suddenly became wide eyed and said "Your right! And he should be here today! Got to Run!" Maxus suddenly bolted passed Zexal and made a run for the Bridge Zone Docks. Maxus managed to get to the docks just as the seaplane was landing for a fuel stop. Maxus was slightly out of breath as he showed the pilot the pass. "I'm pretty well loaded with passangers as it is, but where you off to?" asked the Pilot. "Lost Labyrinth Zone." panted Maxus. "Hm..." mumbled the pilot, "Gimmie a sec." He walked up to his seaplane and called to his passangers "Do you mind if I carry an extra person?" Maxus was too far to hear the reply but the pilot motioned to him that it was o.k.. Maxus hopped aboard the seaplane and saw that there were only two passangers, a fox-like skunk and a robotic cobra. Maxus took a seat as the pilot hopped in and started the engine. As the seaplane taxied out, Maxus felt nervous with the robot in the plane. Once air born, the skunk got up from his seat and walked over to Maxus and said "It' seems you and I are headed to the same place...Any piticuler reason? Keep in mind that the snake can tell if your spinin yarn." Maxus cleared his throat and said "I'm going there for the fighting tournament." The skunk looked back at the robot, which nodded it's head. The skunk turned and smiled "Well then, We're are going there for the same purpose." Maxus looked at the skunk for a moment and remember hat Zexal had mentioned. "Are you.." said Maxus, "The Relic Hunter that most call a scoundral?" The robotic cobra hissed with distaste as the skunk laughed. "So you heard of me." he laughed. "Yes!" said Maxus, "I was curious if you were taking part in the tournament?" "Oh heavens no!" said the skunk shaking his head, "I had enough of having my tail kicked in fights. I take it that your are one of the fighters, then." "Yes I am..." started Maxus, "But then why are you going to the fighting tournament?" "The skunk said "I'm paying my assisstant a vist...He is in the fighting tournament. Allow me to introduce myself.." The skunk tipped the brim of his hat forward, showing a broken clip, and said "Professor Kevin Afterbrun LePue. I am more commonly know as Professor Kay LePue." Kay motioned to the robotic cobra and it slithered forward and said "I am known assss J5-9 Sssscypier, At your sssservisssse." "Don't let Scypier fool you," said Kay, "It's a hard worker, but can be lazy sometime. It rolls the S's quite a bit." "Nice to meet you two," said Maxus, feeling a bit calmer, "I am Maxus Primus."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Chapter Thirty Seven: The Lovely Lazare Bazaar.
"We'll be landing shortly!" called the pilot. "Better get back to my seat." smiled Kay. He returned to his seat and Maxus looked out the window to see the destination coming up. A large Jungle river was where the passangers were going and the seaplane landed there safely. The seaplane pulled up to a small dock and the pilot opened the door. Maxus, Kay and Scypier got off and as the Pilot was doing his checks. "I been here before you know." said Kay, "This is where I met Steam for the first time." "Steam?" asked Maxus. "My other assisstant." said Kay, "He is from the small village of Lazare. It's not too far from Lost Labyrinth Zone. I'll be headed there for now. See you around." And with that Kay and Scypier walked off. Maxus scratched his head and thought 'Steam? strange name for an assisstant...Unless it's a robot..' "Whoa there!" called the pilot, passing Maxus back the boarding pass, "That's still good for one more trip. Don't lose it." Maxus put the pass in his pocket and said "Thanks. I'll see you when I leave." Maxus watched as the seaplane taxied out and took off. Maxus turned and followed the path that Kay had taken and found himself at the edge of the village he mentioned. There was a massive camotion as he approched the village. Vendors lined both sides of the streets, selling food, trinkets, weapons, toys and just about everything under the sun. Maxus could barely walk two steps before being mobbed by three vendors trying to sell him shoes and or jewels. He spotted one dealer who had some odd balled brass articals that were completely different from everybody else. "Ah hello sir.." said the vendor, "Is there something that caught your eyes?" Maxus looked about the vendors strange items and asked "What is going on here?" "Today is Market Day." said the Vendor, "It is a bit mad around here as it only come up once a month." "What is with the.." said Maxus, think through as to what he was saying, "Different style of items that you carry?" The vendor smiled "This is the work of my son, Matthis. All of his work is much safer for the enviorment. They are powered by steam and are both functional and nice to look at." The vendor then notice the cork gun and said "May I see that firearm of yours?" Maxus looked at the vendor and asked "Why?" "My son love little details like that." replied the vendor. "Well it is not for sale." said Maxus. "Pity.." said the vendor. Maxus then noticed something that looked like a pogo stick and asked "Is that a..." "It is a steam powered Pogo Stick." confirmed the vendor, "Brass plated and loads of fun." "Maxus rubbed his chin and then asked "How much?" The vendor seemed to be a little bit surprise that Maxus was interested in the pogo stick and he said "Twenty five." "Maxus rubbed his chin and said "I'd be more interested for it if it was twenty..." "For twenty.." said the vendor with a smile, "It's yours." Maxus payed the vendor and took the pogo stick. As he found the village Inn he thought to himself 'Fisker should enjoy this..He alway seems to like bouncing about.' The woman in the Inn saw the pogo stick, she said harshly "I do hope that you do not plan on using that in here!" Maxus shook his head and said "This is for a friend. I would most likely fall flat on my face if I tried it." "You'd more then likely fly high in the sky or drill deep into the ground on that thing!" snarled the Inn lady. "Understood." said Maxus nervously. "Last door on the left!" said the woamn.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Chapter Thirty Eight: A Techno Tussle.
The following morning, Maxus walked about the town. The husle and busle of yesterday had gone scilent. As he walked he saw the vendor who sold him the pogo stick and walked up to him. "Morning sir." he said seeing Maxus. "Morning to you too." replied Maxus, "I am curious at where exsactly the fighting tournament is taking place." "Oh you're here to watch today's fight?!" said the vendor. "Today's fight?" said Maxus with surprise, "I thought it was tomorrow!" "No no no." said the vendor, "There are two fights. One today and the other tommorrow. The fights will be taking place in the depths of Lost Labyrinth Zone at my son's workshop. If you wish I can take you there." "Yes please." said Maxus. Maxus followed the vendor out of the village and towards the Vine and Moss covered enterence of Lost Labyrinth Zone. "Wow.." said Maxus, "This looks almost like Labyrinth Zone out where I live." "I wouldn't be surprise..." said the vendor as they entered, "They were probably made around the same time. Ironicly, the village didn't know it was here until Dr. Eggman came here." Maxus followed the vendor down the wining paths until he could hear fighting going on up ahead. Maxus rushed ahead and looked through the opening and saw the fighters. There was Giro taking on a walaby with a large brass right arm. "Give up!" snapped Giro, "Your archaic technology is no match for my knowlage." "Take your Techno-Garbage and stow it!" replied the Walaby with a growl, "If it weren't for Steampower, You'd be nothing but a bookworm!" Giro summoned his Gattling Gun and took to the air. As the gun fired at the Walaby, he took out an umbrella to shield himself. He angled it to redirect the shots towards Giro in the air. Giro dodged the shots and made the gun disapire before diving at his opponent. The walaby raised the umbrella and it's canopy folded into a small giro-copter and took to the air, droping a small brass mouse. Giro managed to pull back before the mouse exploded. The walaby started to dig around in his pouch while in the air, tossing out bits of seemingly random bits of junk. As Maxus watched, the vendor said "That's my boy." Suddenly Giro, with his sword, dashed up towards him. Seeing him coming, the walaby pulled out a giant wrench from his pouch with his right hand and blocked Giro's attack. Maxus looked at the vendor blankly before turning back to the fight. It was then Maxus noticed another brass mouse on the field. It wasn't moving and he asked the vendor "What's that?" "That's my son's Mouser Bombs." said the vendor, "However that one must have been a dud.." Suddenly the two opponents fighting downwards came onto the mouser bomb. It exploded sending the two flying into the walls. "I guess I'll take my leave." said the vendor as he walked away. Maxus looked at Giro and Matthis on the ground not moving for a moment as he spotted Madam Mystar & Boris walking in from another hallway. "Do we have a winner?" she asked. "It seems we have a draw, boss." replied Boris, "But it was a close match." "That I agree.." she said as she spotted Maxus, "And I see Maxus has arrived to see it too." Maxus walked towards them and said while point at the walaby "I saw one of his bombs had been under them when they came down." "I still declare this fight a draw." said Madam Mystar as both Giro and Matthis sturggled back to their feet. Madam Mystar and Boris both turned away and left without saying a word. "A DRAW?!" cursed Giro, "I CLEARLY WON THAT!" "Fat Chance Cheater!" cursed Matthis, "At Least I Came On My Own!" "You want to make it an issue, With that obsoleate Junk!" shouted Giro. Matthis suddenly lunged at Giro and tackled him. The two started fighting like it was a bar-room brawl. Maxus tried to get the two seperat when a sudden gunshot stoped them. Maxus, Giro and Matthis turned to see a small gun in the air with smoke rissing from it. "Enough!" shouted a shadowy figure.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Chapter Thirty Nine: Enter Team Ruin Hunter.
Matthis jumped to the side and said "Proffessor!" Kay emerged from the shadows and said harshly "Dammit Steam, The lady said it was a draw! Now Grow up and live with it!" Giro looked at Kay and after a few moments snarled "So you're that crook! You're the one who stole Howler's work!" Steam turned towards Giro and snapped "You still lookin for a tail kickin?!" "Steam!" said Kay as Scypier arrvied, "Everyone has a right to his or her own opinion! Even if they are wrong!" "HUMPH!" snorted Giro as he go up and left. "What are you two doing here, Proffesser." said Steam, "I thought you and Scypier were in Aurua Icefields." "We were." said Kay, "I decided to pay you a visit before we headed for Ice Cap Zone. I want a progress report. What did you find out about the Fallen Star Relic?" Steam shook his head. "Not much I'm afraid." he said, "All I have determined that Madam Mystar has it locked up in one of her four private retreats." "That isn't much to go on..." said Kay with some disapointment. "But I do have one piece of information that could help." said Steam, "I could only be just a rumor, but I heard that she found it in a small ruin in at the north end of Rocky Ride Zone." "Hmmm...." mumbled Kay as he rubbed his chin. "By the way.." said Steam pointing at Maxus, " Who's this guy?" "His name's Maxus." replied Kay, "I met him on the way here. He's your opponent for tomorrow." Then turning to Maxus said "Maxus, this is my assisstant, Matthis 'Steam' Walby." Maxus looked at Steam careful and said "A steampunk, correct?" "Yes!" replied Steam with cheer. "I hope you are in tip top shape for tomorrow's fight." said Maxus, "It seems to be a little unfair that you have two fights in a row." "I'll manage." said Steam as he collected the junk all over the floor. Maxus looked over to Kay who said "Don't ask..I don't know how he has some much stuff in that pouch of his. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a full size Death Egg replica in there. Maxus eyes widened as he turned his head. "Anyways." said Kay, "I think Steam and I need to talk a bit with out you around." "Fine." said Maxus and he left the room and ran into Giro. "We meet again Giro." said Maxus, "Could you care to explain yourself?" "Why should I tell you the obvious?!" snapped Giro. "I asking about what you had said before you stormed off." said Maxus looking cross. "The fact that Kay LePue is a crook." snarled Giro, "It's true and I have the evidence to show it's true!" "You mean your information is as accurate like Roxanne being over eighteen." smiled Maxus. "Shut Up!" snapped Giro, "I'm telling you that Kay is a crook and I will confront him about it!" Giro then stormed off once more, leaving Maxus alone. Maxus exited Lost Labyrinth Zone and returned to the village Inn. That night, as he slept, he had a dream of the confrontation between Giro and Kay and saw a horrible murder that bore a stricking resmbalence to one that happened a few years ago. When Maxus awoke the next morning the dream was still fresh in his mind as he went back down to Steam's workshop. Steam was waiting for him and Maxus could see Kay and Scypier standing by the side watching. "Shall we start?" asked Maxus. "Lets!" said Steam.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Chapter Forty: Steam-Punked.
Steam jumped towards Maxus with his brass fist leading the way. Maxus dodged to the side as it crashed through the floor. Maxus opened fire with his cork gun as Steam shielded himself with his umbrella. Suddenly a dart shot out of the umbrella and only just missed hitting Maxus between the legs. Maxus froze for a moment as a small mouser bomb snuck up behind him. It popped like a firecracker and distracted Maxus for a moment. Steam started tossing old hammers at Maxus as he refocused onto his opponent. Maxus shook off the hammer hits as he rushed at Steam with his sword. Steam pulled out his wrench and swong it diaginally causing Maxus to jump back. 'Can't get close when he swings that wrench!' thought Maxus as Steam charged him swing the wrench wildly. Maxus took a chance and managed to jump over the wrench and onto Steam's shoulders. Steam whiped him down then leaned onto his tail. Maxus got back up and ran at him again only to get a double boot to the face. Maxus roll back up to his feet as Steam said "Time to fly!" Steam took to the air with his giro-copter and started to toss junk down onto Maxus. Mix in with the junk was a few mouser bombs. Most exploded went they hit the ground but one failed to go off at all. 'Got to do this..' thought Maxus as he dodged the junk and the bombs. Maxus tossed a black flame at Steam and the explosion knocked him off his giro-copter and he landed onto his unexploded mouser bomb. It exploded and for a moment, Maxus thought that he won. To his surprise, when the smoke cleared, Steam was still standing and he raised his right arm towards Maxus. The fist bent down to revile a tri-barreled cannon. Maxus was awestruck when Steam shouted "Steam Beam, Fire!" A powerful torrent of steam shot out of the cannon and hit Maxus hard, sending him into the wall. Maxus strained to get back to his feet. He could see that Steam had another mouser bomb in his left hand. Thinking fast Maxus fired a shot from his cork gun and hit the mouser bomb. The resaulting explosion Steam knocked back into the wall as sirens went off. Hot steam started to fill the room clouding the arena as Maxus struggle to locate Steam. In a little bit of a gamble, Maxus tossed some black flames in an arc in front of his and here mulitple explosions. Once the steam had lifed, Maxus could see the wreakage of mouser bombs all over the floor but no sign of Steam. Steam suddenly drop from above and landed on Maxus. "Give up!" he cursed on landing. Maxus knocked him off and spat back "No chance!" Maxus tried to toss another black flame, but to his surprise it came out like a fire snake. When it hit Steam, the blast sent him through the wall. Maxus raced to see if he was ok and saw that he almost got Madam Mystar and Boris walking in the corridor beyond. Kay and Scypier rushed to Steam's side as he wasn't moving. Madam Mystar check Steam and said "He is still alive..Just out cold." "It seems you have won." said Boris. "Good riddens to bad garbage!" came Giro's voice. The group turned to see Giro storming towards them. "Giro!" snapped Madam Mystar, "I thought I told you to head to your next opponent!" "I have some unfinished buissness with this so called sciencetist!" snapped Giro. "Will you quit bothering me you missarable Brat!" snapped Kay. Giro charged at Kay but stopped suddenly when a shot was fired just by his foot. Kay was holding his gun as smoke slowly rose from the barrel. "I am not going to let you get away!" snarled Giro, "Not this time! I will get revenge on you for killing Prof. Howler!"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Chapter Forty One: Faith In Oneself.
"Wha..." said all but Giro. "What evidence do you have!" shouted Maxus, not believing this as truth. "The shot that killed Prof. Howler came from a .22 caliber hand gun!" said Giro, "The man they arrested had a .45 caliber magnum!" "You must be joking!" snapped Kay, with his eyes starting to water. "There's more, murderer!" retorted Giro, "The gun that was used is the same as the one you carry. The Exact One You Carry!" Scypier lunged towards Giro who tried to take over the robot. Scypier suddenly spat him out and said "That technomansssy doesss not work on me!" Kay suddenly rushed down the corridor in the opposite direction of Giro and Giro rushed passed to give chase. Maxus said "I have to stop this. Could you give me a moment." without waiting for an answer, Maxus raced off to find Giro and Kay. Maxus quickly found himself at a three way fork. 'Blast!!!' he thought, 'Which one?' "Try the one on the left." came Scypier's voice. Maxus turned to see the robot and it said "I have a builtin radar to track the proffessssor down." Maxus nooded and he and Scypier raced down the path. They came into a room where they saw Kay and Giro standing across from one another. "You have no where to run, murderer!" cursed Giro. "Do you realise what have done you moronic brat!" spat Kay with an almost broken rage. "I'm putting an end to you and your theiving ways!" Giro spat back, "That what I did!" Suddenly Big-G grabed Kay from behind as Little-G turned into a gun in Giro's hand. "Giro!" called Maxus, "Stop! Don't shoot him!" Scypier lunged towards Giro but a force field blocked it's path. "Any Last Words, Murderer?" snarled Giro. Kay hung his head and sobbed. "Why did you save me Prof. Howler..." he mumbled. Giro raise and eyebrow in confusion as Kay mumbled on "Why did I ever have to go through this torrment?.." Giro lowered his gun and it turned back to Little-G. "Go check his gun!" ordered Giro. "You might want to take a look at his hat!" called Maxus. Giro motioned for Little-G to do so. Little-G examined both and stared beeping at Giro. "What's that you say?!" shouted Giro in panic, "The gun was regisitered to him only after the murder?! And the shot that killed Howler is the same shot that broke the clip....." Giro shook his head and called out "You are sure that you aren't misreading the information?!" Little-G beeped in conformation. The force field went down and Big-G let Kay go. "I'm...Ruined..." cried Kay as he fell to his knees. "No you are not!" hissed Scypier, "You mussst.." "DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!" cried Kay, "NO ONE WILL EVER ACCEPTED ALL THE WORK I'VE DONE! I FAILED PROF. HOWLER. HIS WORK WILL NEVER BE RECONISIED OR FINISHED NOW!" "Wha..What have I done?" said Giro in sadness. "When all you know is a vitrual world," said Maxus, "You can never trully understand the real world. You still might be able to undo this." Giro walked up to Kay as Scypier hissed for him to leave. "Prof. LePeu." he said, "I..I didn't know what the truth was. All I wanted to do was bring Prof. Howlers killer to his judgment. I thought it was you because you were there and had a motive. I did not know that he sacrificed himself to save you..." "Nothing you'll say will change anything!" snapped Kay turning his back to him. "That might be so," said Giro, "But Now that I know the truth, I can spread it so everyone will know and no one could make the mistake that I made." Kay ignored him as he continued "When you fired that shot at me earlier, I thought it was just a bad shot. But now I see why. You don't want to kill anyone. It's the same reason that you held back Steam." "Humph!" snorted Kay wiping away his tears. Giro was getting very annoyed and shouted "If you let Holwer's work go unfinished you might as well have killed him! His work is all the world has left and if it's not finished then he died in vain!" Kay suddenly smaked Giro with a backhand and cursed "First you call me a crook, then a killer and now you want me to finish Prof. Howler's work?! What kind of moronic hipacrite do you take me for?! If you are going to kill me Do it NOW!" Giro slowly got to his feet and said with sorrow "But you're the only one who can finish my uncle's work." "DIDN'T YOU Just...Say What?!?!?" cried Kay. "Uncle'ssss work?!" hissed Scypier. Giro nooded. "That explains your actions.." came Madam Mystar's voice as she and Boris entered the room, "Maxus, Let Boris and I clear this up. Seek the shrine at Ridgeline Pass in Rocky Ride Zone. You have three days to get there."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Chapter Forty Two: Setting Off For The Shrine.
Maxus exited Lost Labyrinth Zone, collected his stuff at the inn and headed for the seaplane dock. The pilot had returned and called out "Heading back to South Island?" "I need to get to Ridgeline Pass." said Maxus. "I can fly you close to there but I can't land near it." said the pilot, "The nearest point I can land you at is Star Shores Zone." "That will be ok." said Maxus, "I need to make a quick stop at South Island to drop off a gift for a friend and then we head for Star Shores Zone." "Fine then." said the pilot, "Get in!" Maxus got on board and after the pilot finished his per-flight checks, taxied away from the dock and took to the sky. After ten minites, the plane landed at Bridge Zone Docks. Maxus looked out the window to see Max and Fisker there. "Hey Maxus!" called Max, "Dad told us how you been doing!" "Keep it up!" cheered Fisker. "Hey Fisker!" called back Maxus, "I've got something for you!" "What?!" smiled Fisker, "Really?!" Maxus exited the seaplane and passed the pogo stick to Fisker. "This is thanks for getting me to my first fight on time." said Maxus. "Oh boy,oh boy! I can't wait to try it!" cheered Fisker as he hopped on. A sudden burst of steam and the pogo stick launched Fisker high into the air. Maxus, Max and the pilot could only look up until Fisker bounced back down and hopped around wildly. When the pogo stick finally stopped, Fisker was quite shaken. "Whoa..." he mumble before falling to the ground momentarily, "That was FUN!" "The plane is ready to go!" called the pilot. "I'm sorry guys but I've got to go."said Maxus. "Don't worry, We will be cheering for you!" smiled Max. "Go, Maxus, Go!" chanted Fisker. Maxus got back into the plane and waved good bye to them as the seaplane taxied away. Once again heading for a new opponent, Maxus thought of his past opponents. 'A Ego-filled Technomancer, a Grudge-holding Theif, a Snoopy Mercenary Informent, a Missunderstood Bandit, a Convict with a bad sence of humor, A Touchy Steampunk, and I still have five more opponent's to go..inclueding Goro..That Layed-back Truckdriver...What others could there be?' he thought as the seaplane headed for it's destination. Suddenly as he glanced out of the window, Maxus could see the pilot falling in the sky. The thought of who was flying the plane crossed his mind. 'If the pilot jumped out, there must be something wrong!' he thought in panic. But his sences told him that he wasn't alone on the seaplane. Maxus got up and headed for the cockpit, but the door was locked tight. Maxus tried bashing it, but it was no use. The seaplane suddenly swerved about vilently, knocking Maxus about. Maxus struggled back to his feet and looked out the window to see that the seaplane was going off course. 'I've got to get into the cockpit.' thought Maxus. Maxus reached for his sword and jammed it into the door frame. He moved the blade carefuly up and down till the door finally opened.As the door opened Maxus saw a familier figure at the controls and cursed "YOU?!" "Who were you expecting? Madam Mystar and her entarage of baffoons?" Replied Roxanne.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Chapter Forty Three: Roxanne's Return.
"I'm guessing that they let you go!" snarled Maxus. "You don't think I could have picked a lock that simple?" smiled Roxanne wickedly, "And besides, I had to find a way to get rid of you!" Roxanne suddenly pushed the plane into a nose dive and froze the controls in place. Maxus fell into the winscreen as Roxanne moved out of the cockpit and called out "Oh looked at that, I have the last parachut... Sorry to run but I got to go! Enjoy your trip, because it's your last!" Roxanne hopped out of the plane as it fell from the sky. Maxus struggled to break the ice that held the controls. However he saw that it was no use as he saw the plane was going to hit a high tower. Maxus braced himself as the wing was smashed off the plane and tumbled from the sky. As she floated down, Roxanne laughed fiendishly as the plane crashed in the distance. But as she looked to see where she was going to land, her parachute got hung up on the edge of a high cliff. "Not what I had in mind!" she snarled as she heard the parachute starting to rip. "Oh no!" she said worriedly. Meanwhile, Maxus stuggle back to his feet. He had somehow survived the plane crash with only an injured arm but he had no clue where he was. 'I got to figure out where I am.' he thought as he started away from the wreakage. He could see nothing around him but white, however the air told him that he was high up. As he walked down the slope, he found the white around him were the clouds and he could make out in the distance some purple-ish mountains in the distance. Suddenly a grizzled old voice called to him "Hey! Are you OK?" Maxus saw a shepard coming towards him. "Yes I am." replied Maxus, "Just a bit brused..And lost." "Please..." said the shepard as he helped Maxus, "Follow me." The shepard brought Maxus to a small tent on the hillside and said "Please rest for the night." "I thank you but I must get to where I need to be." said Maxus, "Just where am I?" "You are on Hilltop Hights." said the shepard, "Just please just rest for the night." "But I need to get to the Shrine at Ridgeline Pass." protested Maxus. "Do not worry sir." pleaded the shepard, "It is only half a days journey to the pass from here." "What?!" said Maxus with surprise, "But my plane was headed for Star Shores Zone." "It would have taken longer as you would have to scale the mountainside to find the pass." said the shepard with a smile, "Now please get some rest and you should be alright to travel tomorrow. Maxus entered the tent and saw a stew cooking over a small fire. The shepard gave Maxus a small bowl of stew and Maxus slowly ate it before laying down to rest. He was awoken by the sound of a distant howl a few hours later and the tent he was in was gone as was the shepard. Maxus's arm was better and he thought 'Where did that shepard go? I never had a chance to thank him.' Maxus got up and started to walk down the hillside towards Ridgeline Pass. He could see the mountains of Rocky Ride Zone ahead, rising in the distance. He noticed a sign on the ground and he looked it over. The words were fadded badly but Maxus used his sences to read the words 'Huanted Knoll' and an arrow that pointed to where he came from. 'The shepard was a ghost?!' he thought, 'Whatever happened to that poor soul to leave him that way?' He glanced back for but a moment before going on to the edge of Ridgeline Pass.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:55 pm

Chapter Forty Four: The Mountain Path.
Maxus reached the mouth of Ridgline Pass  as the moon rose into the sky and night fell. 'Here's the pass...' he thought as he entered. Behind him two eyes stared at him with hate. Roxanne couldn't believe her own eyes and hissed lowly "He's still alive! I will make sure that he never leaves this pass alive!" Maxus senced that he was being watched and moved swiftly in the pass, occationaly looking back to see if he was being followed. 'I dought Roxanne would think I was killed in that crash..' he thought as he traveled, 'I suspect that it's her that I sence.' Suddenly a lonely howl echoed in the pass bringing Maxus to a halt. "Hello?" he called out, unsure if anyone was really there. He got no responce and he hurried on till he came upon a fork in the road. "Dart!" cursed Maxus under his breath, "Which way?" "East...Go East..." came a dark voice. Maxus looked around him but saw no one till he looked up. He saw a black figure rush along the top of the high rock walls. "Hey wait!" called Maxus as he followed the figure in the pass below. Maxus lossed sight of the figure and woundered to himself 'Who was that? It was certenly not Roxanne and where is the howls that I've been hearing coming from?' He heard some footsteps behind him and turned to see no body there. Roxanne hide behind a rock and spotted a way up to the top of the wall.When Maxus continued down the pass, she rushed up to the top and followed him from there. "I know a good way to get rid of you!" she cursed under her breath, as she rushed ahead of him. Maxus kept being vigalent as he traversed the pass. 'Something..' he thought, 'Isn't right...' Then he heard something crashing up ahead and he rushed forward to investigate. He saw the pass in front of him had collapased. "I guess I can't go futher..." he mumble. Suddenly the path he had just came had collapased and he was trapped. "What's going on here?!" he shouted. "What else would it be?" came Roxanne's voice. Maxus looked up to see her on the high wall as she snarled "I am a bit surprised that you survived that crash but you soon with you hadn't! Your road stops here Maxus!" Suddenly ice spikes shot up from the ground and coiled around Maxus's legs. Maxus strained to get free as Roxanne shot a lightning bolt into the other side of the pass. Maxus realised that Roxanne was going to crush him under tonnes of rock and stone. Roxanne laughed miniacly as Maxus was covered by the wall. There was a sudden bong and Roxanne fell down the side of the pass. A figure slide down the pass wall and checked Roxanne to see if she was out cold and then proceed to remove the stones and rock on top of Maxus. "Uhghg." grouned Maxus as the figure helped him out of the pile. "Are you OK?" said the figure in a soft voice. Maxus 's vision was a bit blured but slowly he could see his unseen savior. "Who.." he mumbled, "What..Aren't you..." But before he could finish, Maxus passed out. When the sun came up the next day Maxus awoke next to a burnt out camp fire. Across from him was a young kit fox as he remember what had happened that night. When she awoke she smiled and said "Hello again Maxus."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:58 pm

Chapter Forty Five: A Chance Encounter.
"Jacklin Strumber!" said Maxus with a bit of surprise, "What are you doing here?" "I was looking for insperation." said Jacky with a smile, "When I saw that raccoon dropping the wall on you I took matters into my own hands. But may I ask why you are here?" "My next opponent is at the shrine that somewhere around here." said Maxus. "Shrine?" said Jacky, "Around here?" Maxus could tell that she didn't know what he ment and said "That's what I was told. But since I got here I've been hearing something howling." "I've heard the howling too." said Jacky, "It's as if someone is trying to lead to somewhere..." Maxus then remembered the figure who told him to go east and said "Did you see anyone other then that Raccoon who attacked me?" "No." said Jacky, "But come to think of it...I think I know this Shrine that spoke of..." Jacky got to her feet and walked to the edge of the pass wall and pointed up to a high perch. Maxus saw a strange building atop the high cliff as Jacky said "I think that is the shrine you're looking for." Maxus got to his feet and asked "How the heck am I going to get there?" "I don't know.." said Jacky, "I don't think there is a route that leads there." Suddenly a howl echoed down towards them saying "Find the forgotten path!" Meanwhile, Roxanne was getting herself off the ground, her head throbbing from the attack. "Should have known better!" she snarled, "I suspect that Wolf boy hit me from behind! But I will stop Maxus before he reachs him!" "Maybe you should try a different approch." came a voice. Roxanne turned to see Coconuts behind her. "What do you want?!" she snarled, "You haven't been very helpful!" "Not easy to give out trust." cackled Coconuts, "But all you did so far is tackle things head on. Why not try something more...Diplomatic?" "Hrm?" mumbled Roxanne, "I'm listening..." Meanwhile, Maxus and Jacky were walking down the pass as the midi day sun rose high. "So Madam Mystar doesn't tell you much about your opponents does she." said Jacky. "Not really." replied Maxus. "And what is with that raccoon girl Roxanne?" continued Jacky, "What's her grip against you?" "Sore loser I guess." shrugged Maxus, "She's been giving me a hard time since I beat her. So far she's called the cops on me, Hired a mercanary to attack me who just so happened to be one of my opponents, rob me, tried to attack me and my friend Zexal, tried to keep me under lockdown at one of Madam Mystar's hidden retreats, caused my plane to crash, and try to crush me under a wall. And she is only one minor problem." "Really?" said Jacky, "She seems to be a bit more then minor." "I've been attacked by a few badniks." said Maxus, "Two of which I distroied near Woodhaven Forest, two who aren't that bright, and one that I last saw being thrown over the horizon by Kale..By the way, how's he doing." "He's back to terrorizing the Badlands." said Jacky flatly. "You know we've been walking for quite some time and we haven't found any path around here." interupted Maxus, changing the subject. "I know..." said Jacky, "But it is so weird that the wind howled about a forgotten path.." Maxus turned his head to the side and noted that the wall looked slightly different from the rest around them. "Hold up one sec." he said as he walked towards it. Maxus dragged his hand on the wall and where it changed colour it suddenly went through. "What?" said Jacky with surprise, "A hidden path!" Maxus pushed more of the discoloured wall and discovered a small cave. "This must be what the voice ment." said Maxus as he entered the cave.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Chapter Forty Six: A Forgotten Road.
"Wait for me!" called Jacky as she rushed after him. Behind them, Coconuts and Roxanne watched, then Coconuts handed her a bomb and  said "Now's your chance to trap them."  Roxanne tossed the bomb at the cave and it exploded. "AH!" cried Jacky as she tumbled in. When the smoke cleared, Maxus and Jacky saw the way back was closed off. "What do we do now?" said Jacky as she got back to her feet. Maxus, helping her get up, said "By finding the end of this path." "Do you thing.." started Jacky. "Yes!" snarled Maxus, "This is Roxanne's doing! But.." "You suspecting someone is behind her?" asked Jacky, "Don't you?" "Let's not waste any more time here!" said Maxus, "Come on!" Maxus rushed ahead as Jacky raced to keep up. Meanwhile, outside, Coconuts was scampering up the walls and heading for the only exit to the tunnel Maxus and Jacky were in. "Kikiki...I'll be rid of you and with that foolish raccoon girl, I will get the Fallen Star Relic with ease. But I know I must be careful..." Coconuts hopped up onto a ledge and saw the exit to the tunnel. With a wicked grin, said "At last! Now to seal them in there forever!" "And what would you be doing?" came a voice behind the robot. Coconuts turned to see a young Black Wolf standing behind itself and retorted "Get lost kid! Before you get blasted into a million bits!" The wolf snorted a laugh and said "I'm giving you to the count of three to leave this place in one piece." Coconuts quickly tossed a coconut bomb at the wolf, but the wolf knocked it back at the robot with a burst of chaos energy. The blast knocked Coconuts to the bottom of the pass as Maxus and Jacky exited for the cave. The robot's sudden landing was a bit of a surprise to them as Jacky screamed "Eak! A robot!" Maxus looked over Coconuts, grabbed it by the tail and tossed the robot monkey back into the cave. "It seems that someone has taken care of it for us." said Maxus with suspision. The wolf saw Maxus and Jacky emerge from the cave and layed low. "Who is that girl who follows my opponent?" he muttered as he watched the two head up the pass towards the shrine. "I think the shrine is ahead." said Jacky, "The air is thinner up here don't you think." "It is." said Maxus, "But I suspect that once we get there, we'll find a spot to rest. At least I know that my fight is tomorrow." As they got around the next bend, Maxus could see the shrine ahead. They pushed on to reach it as the sun started to dip behind the mountains. As they managed to arrive at the edge of the shrine, Maxus said panting "We're here." The shrine that stood before them was old and crumbling to the ground. "Yes you did." came a voice. The black wolf stepped out from behind a ruin wall. "I've been waiting for you." he said, "But may I ask who the lovely young lady with you is?" "Who the heck are you?!" snapped Maxus. "You seem attatched to this young lady." said the wolf smugly. "What?!" jumped Maxus as Jacky snickered a bit. "I am Donnis." said the wolf, "You must be Maxus Primus." "That's right.." said Maxus with suspision, "But how do you know who I am?" "Like you I can sence things that others don't." said Donnis, "Like that your companion is Jacklin Strumber of Rustfang Village." "That's.." stuttered Jacky with surprise. "Traveling through these mountains, must have been hard on you two. Not to mention that robot and Raccoon bothering you. Please rest for the night." said Donnis, "Our fight is only tomorrow and I will help you two get down after the fight is done."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Chapter Forty Seven: Donnis And The Lost Shrine.
Maxus rubbed his chin and said "How can you sence things like that? Is it from demonic powers?" "No no.." said Donnis, "It's something unique that I have. I have some things to take care of." With that Donnis walked off leaving Maxus and Jacky just standing there. "What do you make of this guy?" asked Jacky. "I can say that he is very selfconfident in his abilities..." said Maxus, "But I can sence that he does have some power to back it up." "Really?" said Jacky, with some disapointment, "He looked more interested in flirting with me then fighting you." Maxus glanced towards Jacky, who added "It's a girl's intuition. He seems to be full of hot air." "Well, anyways.." said Maxus, "Lets find a place to rest till tomorrow." As the two set up camp near one of the walls, Maxus took a moment to look around the shrine. The ledge that the shrine stood on would make fighting tight. One wrong move and someone could fall off a cliff. He spotted Donnis and walked up to him. "May I ask why our fight will take place here?" he said to the wolf. "I wanted a place that was remote." said Donnis, "I didn't expect for you to come with a compainion." "It was a chance encounter." said Maxus, "You are hidding form someone, aren't you?" Donnis looked at Maxus and said "As I suspected..You are correct..But I cannot say who.." "You knew that I'd figure it out." said Maxus, "That you have a Chaos Emerald for a heart." Donnis smiled "You are only half right." he said, "It is only artifical but it does carry the same power. But I am surprise that you figured it out so quickly." "I hunt demons for a living." said Maxus turning his back, "I just didn't wish to say it before." "Lets see how our fight gets on." said Donnis, "In the morning that is." Maxus returned to the camp and he could see that Jacky had already layed down to rest. 'Best let her sleep..' thought Maxus, 'But I still can't help but think of that ghost that I saw..Who was he?' Maxus layed down across from Jacky and fell asleep. The nightmeres haunted him this night like those before he faced Kale. Maxus shot up in a cold sweat and started to walk around to ease his mind. "Troubling dreams?" came Donnis's voice. Maxus turned to see the wolf behind him. "Take it from me." he said, "Don't let them bother you. If you let them, you will never be able to sleep normally again." "How long has it been?" Maxus asked suddenly. "What?" asked Donnis. "Since you last saw you perents." said Maxus. Donnis was taken aback and said harshly "How did.." "You and I are a like in many different ways." said Maxus, "I lost my perents as well as my village to demons." "That has nothing to do.." retorted Donnis. "I believe that your perents are still alive..." said Maxus, with Donnis suddenly getting wide eyed, "But they wish to stay hidden for now...For your safety." "You are an odd one." said Donnis with some smugness, "But try and get some sleep. It won't be much of a fight if you're sleeping on your feet." "Says the guy who loves to sleep late." replied Maxus as he walked passed Donnis. Donnis snarled something, but Maxus didn't quite hear him as he returned to the camp and went back to sleep.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Chapter Forty Eight: The Emerald Heart.
As the sun rose in the sky, Maxus got to his feet and called out "Alright Donnis! Lets get this over with!" However Donnis didn't answer. Maxus found him snozzing nearby and nudged him with his foot. "Come on you sack of sand!" cursed Maxus impationtly. "Do you know what time it is?" cursed Donnis with one eye half open. "Time for our fight!" snapped Maxus. A sudden blast of energy hit Maxus in the gut, knocking him back, as Donnis got to his feet. "You asked for it!" called Donnis, cracking his knuckles. Donnis shot a wave of chaos energy at Maxus, who dove to the side. Maxus opened fire with his gun just to have Donnis knock his shots right back at him. Jacky stood back and watched as Donnis punched Maxus through a wall into the cliff side. 'Man he's tough!' thought Maxus. Donnis fired another wave of chaos energy at Maxus. While he dodged it, Maxus tossed a black flame at Donnis's feet. Donnis quickly kicked it away before the blast as Maxus lunged towards him from the side. Maxus tackled Donnis and stared to pound him in the head, but Donnis just tossed him off into the shrine's walls. Donnis gave Jacky a flirtatious glance before rushing at Maxus. Maxus tossed a fire snake just before Donnis got close and the blast knocked Donnis off the cliff. Maxus and Jacky watched as Donnis tumbled down the steep cliff bouncing hard off the rocks and stopped at the base of the cliff. Maxus was horrified, did he just killed Donnis. They watched for a few tense moments before Donnis slowly got up to his feet. "I'm ok.." he grouned, "You win.." Suddenly Donnis hopped back up the cliff. He stood before Maxus and Jacky as if he wasn't injuried and panted "That was some trick you pulled." "You're not hurt?" asked Jacky. "I heal faster then most." replied Donnis. "I thought that I.." started Maxus. "Killed me?" laughed Donnis, "A fall like that is nothing for me. But what's with those fire attacks?" "It's something I know." said Maxus, "But you are just going to give up like that?" "Yeah." smiled Donnis, "I may have an Emerald heart, but it isn't as strong as the real macoy." "Emerald heart?!" said Jacky confused. "It's difficult to explain.." said Donnis, "But anyways, I said that I'd help you two get down from here so.." Donnis grabbed Maxus and Jacky by their arms and shouted "Hold on!" Donnis hopped from ledge to ledge dragging Maxus and Jacky to the far end of Rocky Ride Zone to the edge of Star Shore Zone, where Madam Mystar was waiting for them. "I see that the fight is over." she said with disapointment. "Yeah." said Donnis lowering his head. "I see..Well Maxus," said Madam Mystar, "Your next opponent is at the old manor-house at the edge of Gloom-Ruin Swamp. You'll have a four days to get there..." With that Madam Mystar walked away and Donnis said "I got stuff to do so see you around."  Donnis rushed off back towards the monuntains and Jacky said "Well that was different. I must be going home now." Jacky ran off leaving Maxus alone with his thoughts. 'Hm...How long before I fight Goro? Unless he was liying to me.' Maxus rushed off and found his way to the dock. There he saw a ship and he asked "Do you know how to get to Gloom-Ruin Swamp?" The sailor looked at Maxus blankly and said "Why you want to know? Don't you know how dangerous that place is?" "How so?" said Maxus with confusion. "That place drives all who enter into madness..." said the sailor, "That is if they ever get out again."
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Chapter Forty Nine: A Haunting Tale.
"Huh?!" said Maxus with some alarm, "What makes this place like that?" "There use to be a plantation out there." said the sailor, "The owner was said to have beaten a gypsy woman to death. With her last breath, she placed a curse on the owner and all the land surrounding his home. The owner died a few days later and anyone who lived nearby the old Manor-House started killing each other in a blind madness. Do not go there or it will be curtins for you." "I understand your consernes," said Maxus, "But I must find my way there. I don't expect you to bring me there directly, but nearby will do." Maxus could see the sailor was nervous and after a few moments he said "Fine..I'll bring you to Dark Mist Cove. That is nearby Gloom-Ruin Swamp...But don't expect me to stick around." "OK." said Maxus. Watching overhead in a tree, Coconuts was watching and muttered "Blast! I'm losing him this time! Better tell those two Dumbots that Maxus is headed their way!" Coconuts opened up a comunication device and said "Scratch and Grounder, come in! Target headed for Gloom-Ruin Swamp. Stop at all cost!" "Since when do you bark orders!" came Srcatch's reply. "Look! You two could have stopped him at Woodhaven Forest!" cursed Coconuts, "It seems that I'm doing all the work here! He's getting onto a ship as we speak!" "And why should we trust you?!" questioned Grounder. "Look! The only way for any of us to get our jobs back is to work together!" spat Coconuts, "I don't even care if Dr. Robotnick put me back as a cleaner bot! And with Slicer and Shellcracker gone that just leaves you two! I just want to be back by his side!" "Fine!" snapped Scratch, "Scratch and Grounder out!" With the comunication done, Coconuts cursed "You might have a head start, But I will have the last laugh! Kikiki..." With the ship setting sail, Maxus woundered why he was told to go to Gloom-Ruin Swamp. 'Who in their right minds would chose to fight in a place with such a history? It doesn't make any sence...Then again...Roxanne and that robot Monkey...Could they be working together?...She doesn't seem to be the type..' "If yeah need a nap," called the sailor, "Now's the time. It will take a few hours to reach Dark Mist Cove!" Maxus decided to rest his head. The image of the shepard appired in his dreams. "Beware." he said, "The swamp is dangerous to those who are foolish enough to enter it. Do not trust the darkness, for it hides many tricks that will emperal you..." As the image faded, Maxus got up and noticed that the ship was rocking violently. "Hold on!" came the sailor's voice, This storm is nasty...." suddenly Maxus was knocked to the floor and and he could hear the sailor scream as if he had been washed overboard. Water rushed into the ship and Maxus  tried to get back to his feet. A beam over his head fell onto him and knocked him out cold. A few hours had passed when Maxus awoke on a rocky shoreline. The wreakage of the ship layed around him and he could see that he was all alone. Ahead of him, he could see the dank murk of the Swamp he had been told of. He had made it there, but at what cost. Maxus pulled himself to his feet and started his way into Gloom-Ruin Swamp. Where the Manor-House was anyone's guess.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:16 pm

Chapter Fifty: The Mark Of Madness.
As wandered into the darkness of the swamp. Never before had he seen a place like this and yet he could feel that he wasn't alone. 'How can such a dark place exsist?' he thought as he trudged through the swampy ground. Maxus suddenly senced something wrong and dove for cover into the swampy muck. A knife suddenly slamed into the tree just a few steps ahead of Maxus. Maxus looked back and saw no one but he called out "Show yourself!" No answer came as Maxus got back to his feet and went to look at the knife. But to his surprise it was gone. 'Got to move!' he thought, 'I'm a sitting duck if I stay here!' As Maxus continued on wards, a pair of orange eye glared towards him from the darkness. The figure snorted in discust as it moved along carefully, following Maxus at some distance. Maxus soon came upon a ruined farmstead. 'What an odd place for a home?' he thought as he looked around the building. There wasn't much to be found but he did spot a bed that was dry and out of the swampy waters. Maxus was tired from the trip and the close brushes with death so he decided to rest for a bit. Once again the nightmeres that had started to plauge him returned. Maxus struggled to awaken as they seem to get worse and worse. A knife suddenly hit the footboard of the bed give Maxus such a fright that he fell out of the bed. When he saw the knife, Maxus quickly grabed it and saw there was a note attached to it. Maxus read the note aloud as he trembled in a cold sweat. "If you value your life and your sanity," he said "You must leave this swamp before the madness take you." The signature was a blotched Jo and Maxus tried his hardest to get himself together and shake off the nightmere. Once he finally calmed down, Maxus thought 'Who is this "Jo"..Could he be my opponent? I have to see this through!' A sudden thought then passed through his head. Maxus could hear Kale's voice echo in his head "I've seen that flame before! The nightmeres....It was You!" 'What did Kale mean?' thought Maxus, rubbing his chin, 'Had he had visions of our fight for all this time..Or is it something else?' Maxus shook it off and cursed lowly "I've got to stay focused! I have to find my way to Gloom-Ruin Manor-House!" Maxus rushed out of the farmstead as his unwanted shadow watched from a distance. "He fights the madness..." he snarled lowly as he gave pursuit. As he went, Maxus notice the swamp was getting deeper and the muck was getting thicker and harder to get through. Looking up, Maxus cursed in his head 'Can't see the sky...Slowed by this muck! I'll never get to the Manor-House in time like this.' Maxus looked about himself and spotted what looked to be a dock. He trudged over to it, cut the platform off it's post with his sword and dragged himself onto it. He grabed a nearby fallen branch and used it to push himself along. His tail watched from a distance and suddenly tossed five knives towards Maxus's raft. Three hit the wood but the other two cut the rope that lashed some of the boards together. Maxus fell through the raft into the muck one more as it collapsed. 'Whomever this Jo is..' thought Maxus in rage as he glanced back, 'He or she doesn't want me to get to the Manor-House! I'll be expecting them to be there!'
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next