Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT]

+4
ChaoticBou
Tyson_the_Comet
Spekkal
Dregan
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 4 Empty Re: Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT]

Post by spark tb Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:54 pm

So when are we going to see Caysi and Boa fight for the death over Leo's love? Because we all know what the one true ship in this comic is.

Also oh my god, she's ordering a normal drink. I legit forgot the Leafy Bar sold such things, what with the heavy emphasis on the alchemical stuff.. Or perhaps they don't and Shelia's idea of 'something cool' is the coolest alchemical drink they have.

...Now I want to see her turn into a merperson dangit.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 4 Empty Re: Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT]

Post by Dregan Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:45 pm

@Spark; Y'see, I've had a lot of comments in a similar vein to that, and I'm just left curious as to how people think Leo got drunk earlier in the 300s. XD

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 4 249961786IjOW
Archive
Cameos
Match Record
069 - First Rule Of Combat
Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 4 Thumbnail
Ahaha, whoops, nearly didn't get this one up on time! Sorta kinda uploaded comic to image host at home, went to put comic up on SJ now I'm not at home, only to realise the comic hadn't actually uploaded to my account. I am seriously the best at computer guys.
Luckily Spekkal came to the rescue by PMing the link over to me. So this page is up now all thanks to her! Go show her your appreciation by reading all of her stuff;
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=52652
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=149747
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=154831

So yes, here be the continuation of 'Frenzy putting the ring ropes to good use.' And the continuation of 'Why did I put this in the scripts, oh god.'
Also, free points to whoever gets the title reference! You'll want them. They're points. (And they're free.)
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 4 A5548d65eoyAQ
Archive
Cameos
386 - How To: Be A Lothario
Late? Whaaat? No waaay. It's not- I mean- No waaay. Shut uuuup.

But yes, here we go - kinda dull page honestly, buuut one with at least some new backstory/background info! Plus, y'know, Leo having some form of crisis in Panel 4. What more do you want really?

Also, credit to Beth for the info on Hamish!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:39 pm

I knew it! Education shall be the death of us alllll
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:05 pm

@Spark; Education is coming for you Spark. And it's going to teach you a lesson.

Archive
Cameos
Match Record
070 - Break Or Break
What's this? Me, pre-uploaded in advance instead of waiting til half an hour before upload time battling against the struggle of terrible internet? Surely the world has gone mad.

Either way, yes, sorry for the large infodump on this particular page! Still, it seemed a relatively reasonable time for it, and I'd rather this instead of slowing down the start of each 'episode' with more rules as it were. Think it's better to introduce as we go rather than just go 'rules rules rules' all the time.
Thiiis is especially true considering all the minor rules here and there which it can be quite easy for me to forget about or introduce. Like, I had Kyle say up there that the ways he listed were the main ways of being disqualified, and yet, only now have I remembered dick kicking. Don't dick kick people. That's against the rules.
Still, yeah, even if I am gonna try and explain as we go, it does feel some things do need advanced explanation here and there. So you don't get a situation where it's like; 'And Jimmy loses! What do you mean why did Jimmy lose? JIMMY LOST BECAUSE HIS RECEDING HAIRLING IS AGAINST THE RULES. GAWD.'
I need to keep thinking then what rules people will be aware of and won't - an issue because there's some rules like ropebreak that I immediately take for granted as a wrestling fan, before thinking 'Wait if I introduce ropebreak now it'll make no sense to people who haven't watched X, Y or Z'. Basically it's gonna be a fine balancing act moving forward of providing you with info like this, hopefully without flooding you.

???'s Theme; Riot
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:13 am

Archive
Cameos
387 - Male Bonding
Context is overrated and for losers. Gaaawd.
Also the Tower of Hollow Doors is the name given by the general populace to make it sound haunting and cool. Literally do they know it's true name of; 'Science Tower'. It's for science.
Perhaps one day I'll give you guys the context for that.
Y'know, if I wanna be a loser. Gaaawd.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:26 pm

Archive
Cameos
Match Record
071 - Eyes Off The Ball
Bonus points to anyone who saw the speech boxes on this page and this page, and managed to put two and two together. As for the rest of you, you get...
SURPRISE LASER ATTACK!

Henk's Theme; Riot
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:30 am

Archive
Cameos
388 - Yes, No, Maybe, I Don't Know
Apologies about the late update! I have been rather ill today, which has certainly not helped productivity. On top of which, scripting this set of pages has been haaaard. Like, don't get me wrong, I know exactly what needs to happen in them, and what needs to be said/what messages to get across. But yeah... putting things into words. That's the fun part.
Either way, yes, stop babbling Dregan! Get page up! So people can read it! Yes!
I'm incredibly tired, shhhh....
Either way, credit to Beth once more for this particular Infodump!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:11 am

See, on one hand I fully support this ship just because Vas and Shelia have such an interesting dynamic?

But on the other haND VAS DID YOU NOT LEARN FROM LAST TIME.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:33 am

@Spark; Well I mean, I'm not so sure that he can be said to've tried last time.

Archive
Cameos
Match Record
072 - Fake Out
Frenzy should probably be really thankful for that resiliency right now. Only, he's got to the point where the amount of energy blasts he's taken to his person could be counted as 'disconcerting'.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:16 pm

I'm so sorry, I haven't posted in this topic in so long, forgive my sins.

And I like to think that the second date will be the exact same, in the same place, with the same characters there, but the only difference is that Vas will be a chick.

And Henk needs to stop staring. He's looking less annoyed and more that he's contemplating if he wants that Frenzy booty.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:59 pm

whoops I really need to catch up on FnF aaahaha.

Now that I have done so however - ... Fraaaack those effects are neat. I also hate to think how long they, and the whole.. messing with the rope stuff must have taken you.

Also Henk, Henk do something stop just being a cryptic staring guy
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Mon May 02, 2016 6:37 am

hope that stadium has insurance after those two throw down . or made out of anamatium
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue May 03, 2016 1:23 am

@Spek; Henk is well renowned for his positive appreciation for members of the same sex.
@Spark; HENK DOES WHAT HENK WANTS.
@Mike; I'm sure it'll be fiiine. Maybe. Sorta. Kinda.

Archive
Cameos
389 - How To: Remember
Look, sometimes you just forget, okay?
(Just like you might forget to finish a page on time.)
((Also credit to Exer for this Infodump!))

Amendment;
Oh, also sometimes you forget to advertise for others. So like, here's a comic I have been forced to advertise for due to their own advertising. This is blackmail, I swear!
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=120760
'Tis a comic about pizza. So if you like pizza, ingest it! Ingest it like pizza.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri May 13, 2016 9:03 pm

Archive
Cameos
Match Record
073 - My Hand In This
First things first; Thank you for 100 fans! I'm honestly so genuinely surprised - especially after what was quite a slow start - that such interest has picked up! I unfortunately don't have too much special to show as a form of celebration - but still, thank you so very much! Hope you continue to enjoy the series as it move into the future!

Apologies for the lateness of this page! I was visiting Spekkal for a few days, and thus that pushed back progress a bit. You can show her your disapproval by going over to this comic and reading it;

Either way, here we go! Some of you requested Henk to stop creepily standing around and watching, so he's gone and resolved that for you! Ain't he a stand-up guy?
I'll tell you one thing though - doing the effect of rocks smashing across someone's face is much more difficult than I anticipated! Especially when Henk is so much shorter than his intended target. Gonna have to have him start fighting in platform heels.

---

And now onto the poll!

http://micropoll.com/t/LClrkZVWSM
Frenzy; 18 votes (53%)
Akuma; 16 votes (47%)

Aaand it looks like Frenzy was the one people were wanting to win! Albeit, I imagine most weren't exactly thinking in this manner.
This vote was a reeeaaal interesting one to watch. By all accounts, Akuma was the anticipated winner of the poll, what with being the more recognisable of the two characters, coming in with arguably the biggest fanbase/following of any currently revealed competitor.
Aaand in the lead-up, everything seemed to match up to this expectation. After the revelation of the competitors, there was an influx of votes for Akuma, pushing him into a significant lead. Frenzy meanwhile had a slow trickle of votes. A slow trickle that grew... and grew...
And suddenly, the day before the first page of them actually fighting went up, Frenzy was one vote up on Akuma. And then he... stayed, just above. Through the course of the entire fight, though both competitors were being voted for, Frenzy consistently managed to always be just one or two votes above Akuma.
It was really genuinely fascinating to watch. And very much against expectations!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon May 16, 2016 1:15 am

Archive
Cameos
390 - Gniob
Kinda late today due to Civ 5. So blame Gandhi for that one. Blame Gandhi and despair at your imminent radiation.

Oh well, page is up now! Page with things! THINGS!

(Aaand credit to Autofox for the Infodump this time!)
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun May 29, 2016 6:42 pm

*Makes a vague angry sound over you not having uploaded the recent FnF to here*
And whoops I haven't been commenting for a while. Let's just summarise it with 'Henk x Frenzy is my OTP' and 'someone should probably put those drinks into a safer location if they keep landing on him'.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon May 30, 2016 3:08 am

@Spek; Well I would've uploaded FNF here, only someone was visiting. So inconsiderate of them.
Also, no, and yes. Not neccesarily in that order.

Oop, realised I forgot to post FNF to any forums last week! Whoops! Blame weddings. Inconsiderate people, getting all up and married on days where I need to be uploading and working on comics. It's just unfair.
Archive
Cameos
Match Record
074 - Et Voila
And with that, episode one is done and done! It went muuuch longer than I anticipated when first going into this, but still - four fights done, four individuals on to the next round of the tournament; Meteor, Michi, Koal and Frenzy! Of course, still, plenty more to see from our other contestants!
Sooo, how do people think it went? Should be a couple more polls up now on the 'Match Record' page - this time covering 'Match of the Night' aaand 'Favourite Entrance'. So yeah, if you have any opinions on that, head on over to there!

One unfortunate announcement to make however; The comic shall be going a small break. Shouldn't be for long, the only reason is... Well, for those of you who follow my other comic Bar'd, you may've noticed it's coming rather close to Page 400. And for my 100th pages on that I tend to do... raaather large special pages.
I'm not expecting to put FNF on pause all the way til 400 is done (unless I manage to get it done like, really fast), but just holding things here just so I can at least get into the swing of getting Bar'd ahead. Buying myself extra time essentially.
So yes, FNF is on hiatus for now - but shall be returning soon! See you on the other side!

Archive
Cameos
391 - Halt
Stop right there, criminal scum!
I mean, uh, yes! Comic update! Apologies for it being later today, work was a jerk. Like, so much of a jerk, if it had a face, I would punch it.

Oh, and why was it missed last week? Oh, blame Spek for that one. Oh, and something about a wedding or something or other too. But they're on their honeymoon so, y'know. Toats Spek's fault instead. You can blame her by going here and hitting 'Add To Favourites';

Also! For those of you who couldn't work it out, Estshore is where Vas is originally from. Well... sorta. The old forum I used to RP at just referred to it as 'Metropolis'. Unfortunately, Metropolis is a very generic name for a place, and trying to do an Infodump on it could mean essentially... ANY place called Metropolis.
As such, decided to go and build a country around it. Because sometimes you just gotta build a country.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon Mon May 30, 2016 3:14 am

Theese have been some nice sprite comics, i hsvent read all  of them but they seem pretty good
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon May 30, 2016 7:30 am

@Dregman: That sounds like an awful person, why do you even associate with them? You should just like, send them hate mail.

And how DARE you stop FnF for the next 2 years, I will sue you.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:11 am

@Leo: Why thank you very much! And no obligation to read them all, I understand there's... quite a lot of them.

@Spekkal: Wait it won't be two years please why do this.

Archive
Cameos
392 - How To: Combat Demons
Sealing? Eh, I'm sure it's not important. I mean, how many stories about demons do you see where water-based mammals get involved at all?
Not enough. Not even remotely enough.

Also, Infodump this time is credit to me! To meeee! I mean like, I actually drew a blank on what I was gonna write on my own thing for a bit there, but oh well! If aaany of you fancy checking out FNF, there is a banner with a link to it just above this Author Comment!

((Also, oops, the background borked. I'm sure nothing suspicious would've been seen in this time. Nothing suspicious at all.))
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:12 am

Archive
Cameos
393 - The Pits
So there's something of a story behind the writing process of this page. It sorta went something like this;
"Right, gonna put all my other projects on hold so I can get ahead on Bar'd!"
"Hey, I have a couple of different things which could really help with that! Wanna hear them?"
"Well I mean, all I really need is the free time to-"
"Okay, so what about some real life?"
"I think that might just get in the way right n-"
"Okay, but what about some writers block instead?"
"No I don't want either of these thin-"
"Both it is!"
"This is the opposite of what I want right now."
"HAVE FUN!"
TWO AND A HALF WEEKS LATER, HERE WE ARE!
Still not entirely satisfied with the dialogue here. Was sort of a struggle between 'Getting the right amount of information in' and 'Not being literally just a wall of explanatory text'. I guess that's always an issue with anything expository though - and I know I can kiiinda be word heavy as it is anyway.
Ah well, page is done! Onto bigger and better things!

Oh, entirely seperate note! If you guys haven't checked out Airborn yet, what are you doing? Like go, go read it right now, goooo!
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=160932
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:26 am

Listen, if there was any form of work I'd have thought taught people about demons and how to deal with them, I'd have thought it'd be english, or possibly art.
Because, you know, always best to research to your topic I guess - which is clearly something alllllll writers do when it comes to demons... right?

And you should never trust anyone who takes studies of the social kind. Never. Not even if that person is yourself.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:57 pm

@Spark; Well I mean, I guess it depends how acurately fiction portrays things in this world! Are the demons in books accurate to the demons in real life? Or the demons in Social Studies?

Archive
Cameos
394 - Look At This Photograph
I'm not late! You're late! Why didn't you get here earlier? This comic would've been here if you were here earlier! Honest!
Oh well, look! History! Things! References a total one member of my audience will get maybe!
Obviously nothing important to see here!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:21 am

Archive
Cameos
395 - How To: Reflect On The Past
Step One; Pre-make photo.
Step Two; Use it for majority of panels.
Step Three; Still upload late.

Either way, yes photo of characters from Vas' ancient past, with whatever info I could actually remember about them! Now you get to play the game of 'Which of these are old sprites, and which of these were made specifically for the page?'
On the note of that, big credit/thanks to Spekkal, who helped with some of the sprites for this page! You should toats go and check out her comic here;
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=149747
Said comic is also run by Chan - who provided todays Infodump! The comic being all about demons and such! IT ALL COMES FULL CIRCLE, YOU SEE?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum