Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT]

+4
ChaoticBou
Tyson_the_Comet
Spekkal
Dregan
8 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 2 Empty Re: Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT]

Post by Dregan Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:05 am

Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 2 Empty Re: Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT]

Post by Spekkal Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Oh dear lord that list is huge.
How did you even have the patience to post all of those?
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:22 pm

THIS IS AMAZING. LOOK BABY DREGAN WHAT IS THIS. MAKE MORE. I DEMAND YOU TO MAKE MORE
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:52 pm

@Spekkal: Skills. Yep. That's my answer.

@Boubka: I MADE MORE.

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 2 A5548d65eoyAQ
Archive
Cameos
373 - What Father Says
Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 2 Thumbnail
Y'know, when you don't update a comic for a couple of months, you kinda forget how long it takes to make them sometimes. Or how hard it can be to keep to an update schedule. Or how adding expressions for seven characters on a page is pure suffering.
Well, now we've all learnt that lesson. And by all, I mean me.
I have learnt that lesson.
BACK TO WORK!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Mini-Dregan is my favourite character ;D
Also wow, updating a comic isn't that hard, you loser. Gawd. Scrub.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:18 am

@Spekkal; Well then, you'd best get on that. ;D

Archive
Cameos
374 - How To: Close
This could also be titled How To: Forget How You Do Your Teleport Effect. Then again, I could probably title literally every page for my other series How To: Forget How To Do All Your Effects Between Literally Every Panel, so y'know, beggers can't be choosers.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:29 am

Hm, how odd. I swear there was more to that author comment. Perhaps I was imagining things?
Also, is the next plot of Bar'd Dejero getting anger management?
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:43 pm

@Spek; The next arc is literally just the film 'Anger Management'. Dejero to be played by Adam Sandler.

ALSO!

Sooo, some of you have been made aware via the SRN chat that... well, I run more than just Bar'd! As such, seems reasonable to start posting my other comic here too. Introducing;

Dregan's Pixelly Panels [NOW DEFUNCT] - Page 2 249961786IjOW
Archive
The new age of combatitive sport is upon us! No more do tournaments rule the waves, with our competitive heroes being a flash in the pan. Now is the time for building stars!
Prepare to view various independent fighters join a roster of competitors all ready to prove they are the best, working against each other for the new greatest prize in sports entertainment! The FNF Title!
Are you ready to make your Friday Nights just that little bit more... ferocious?
Cameos
Match Record
Most Recent Updates:
054 - Take Off
055 - Reign Of Fire
056 - Whirling Inferno
057 - Face The Flames
058 - Unfurling Winferno
How to make comics with Dregan;
>Don't write anything down
>Spend multiple hours getting frustrated with effects for one panel
>Make up more effects you want to add as you go along
>Provide no room for text in panels at the bottom
>Regret everything
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:47 am

Archive
Cameos
375 - Working 9 To 5
I apologise for the lateness of this page! ...Especially 'cause it was really a simple page to make. I blame wrestling. Beautiful, terrible wrestling.
Either way, looks like things are moving swiftly over at the bar! ...Which is good, they've got a lot to do, and only 25 pages til 400.
(Ohright, and credit to Niv for the the background and info on the infodump, before I forget!)
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:00 pm

CAMERON WINS.

Oh and I like the fact that being a woman is the biggest problem here. As opposed to, you know, wearing a bikini. In the rain. To work.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Leo should perhaps consider increasing their wardrobe size.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:02 pm

@Spek; Well, part of the implication with Leo not looking ready in the first panel is a surprise that nothing more had been put on to combat THE NEVER-ENDING TORRENT OF SKY-WATER, ALL HAIL THE SKY WATER.
@Spark; When you say 'increase wardrobe size', are we talking more clothes, or more hanging around beneath the Buster bottle?

Archive
Cameos
Match Record
059 - Near And Far
So, if you've spoken to me online in the last week, you may've heard me babbling something about having to rearrange panels and visuals just to have the space to glue in the speech? Weeell, this is the page I was babbling about. Bet you're toats glad you got to find that one out!
What we're finding out now however, is that Koal is the victor of the third battle of FNF, and thus onto the next round of the title tournament! But will his opponent in the next round by Meteor, Michi... or the winner of our next combat?
Back to this particular fight, WOW it went longer than I originally thought. I actually expected it to go 8 pages like the first combat. Instead - if you include this as a sort of 'cap-off' page - it went a full 12.
Going into writing the battle, I essentially had plans for most of the end - from Koal taking to the sky up until his victory. Still, I knew I had to give Cameron her chance to shine - in particular, I wanted her to... not quite dominate, but at least hold the upper hand for a good portion of the fight, to force Koal to resort to using the aerial combat. Then as it turned out, writing combat maneuvers for Cameron was goddamn fun. Never have fun kids. It leads to long combats only lengthened by multiple-month breaks in between pages.
And now onto the poll!

http://micropoll.com/t/LClrkZVTqB
Koal; 14 votes (67%)
Cameron; 7 votes (33%)

Aaand it looks like the popular vote was in the winner's corner for this one! Or so it would seem. I'd be very curious to see how the vote would go if we were to have it again now.
You see, the battle started with a ton of votes in Koal's favour, aaand Cameron with literally nothing. Not 100% sure why, maybe because Koal is definitely the more well-known competitor, maybe because Koal had an extra segment before the fight for people to relate to his character's plight more, who knows?
Either way, as the fight went on, it seemed the comments weren't quite matching up to the votes. Cameron gained a fair amount of vocal support from readers, who really got into the way she fought, and slowly votes for her began trickling in. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough to meet up to the initial voting spree that shot Koal up to be the poll victor for this battle!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:27 am

Archive
Cameos
376 - Squishy Hugs
This time, you get to decide which side of the hug is the squish.
Credit once again to Niv for Infodump stoofs!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:32 am

So... so Cameron won, yes? ;D
And goddammit man, Leo isn't even that much squish. I mean, when you compare the rest of his body wi-
...I'm getting a sense of deja vu with this point here
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Might want to ease up on the hug there, Leo.. or you may earn yourself the nickname 'Boa constrictor'

;DDD
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:27 pm

@Spek; So what you're saying is, Leo is squish confirmed?

@Spark; I see what you did there. And I approve.

Archive
Cameos
Match Record
060 - Respect
Y'know... In a lot of these pages between Cameron and Koal, I've had to try and scrap together various holds. Headlocks for instance, ankle locks...
Who would've guessed one of the holds I'd most struggle to get right would've been a handshake?

Also, also, also. Guys. Guys? Guys. Anyone here a fan of not only sprite comics, but comics with a mix in of amazing art and sweet animation? Because if you are, goddamn you need to like, go read Ankojin now. Because it's awesome and it deserves more attention;
http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=52652
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:47 am

Archive
Cameos
377 - How To: Head Home
Ahaha, just on time! Sorry if the Info-dump this time was a li'l lacklustre, I sorta scrambled it together quickly so I could get the page up in time.
Also, blame the lightning effect. I spent way too long on that. Like, a century too long on that. FOR DETAILS!
Ohrightpageneedstogouprightnowbetterhitsubmit.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:12 pm

I left you until last so I could bump you to the top. Appreciate me.
ALSO, NO, DON'T LOOK AT THE THING HE POSTED. IT'S DUMB AND TRASH

Also, I still think Cameron won the moral victory there. Yep. She totally deserves it.
And I'm sure Vas is fiiiiine. It's not like it's his worst fear or anything, nope.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:02 pm

@Spekkal; You're right, the comics I'm posting are dumb and trash. I should just stick to advertising your stuff. :c

Archive
Cameos
Match Record
061 - Lord Bafalaut
So yeah, some advice for you all; Don't base the entirety of your plans for a page around the idea of a shifting darkness weaving it's way around as it trails more and more darkness behind it, when half the backgrounds you plan to use are already so inherently dark it makes it difficult to see. All in all, I've no idea how obvious or hidden the shadow is in some panels, because I obviously already know it's there. Welp.

Oh well! Bafalaut joins the battle! I both love and hate writing this guy. Like, love because he's fun, hate because I rewrote this page twice because I wasn't satisfied that I'd got him right.
I WILL GET YOU RIGHT THOUGH BAF! YOU AND YOUR GLORIOUS TORSO!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:15 pm

OP PLS NERF
BAN BAN BAN BAN
(And I've said this like 1000 times but I really do appreciate how well you wrote him, you butt! <3 )
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:26 am

Archive
Cameos
378 - Wooly Cushion
So, always remember. If you're having trouble sleeping, sometimes having a cuddly toy to abruptly grab through the night can really help you sleep!
Also, credit to 1337fox for the contents of this particular Infodump.

Last edited by Dregan on Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:27 am

Hey, you know what's a good idea?
Getting infodumps from this forum. ;D
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:08 pm

@Spekkal: You mean like, from you? ;D

Archive
Cameos
Match Record
062 - A Solution To Boredom
Some people may see this match-up as the big Mega Star against something of an Indie Darling. Other people would perhaps disagree. Others still, would wonder what the hell an 'Indie Darling' is and what on Earth I'm going on about.
Whatever way you see it, your chance to vote your favourite has just opened up! And a reminder, these polls are open for the majority of the match - so no need to rush to show your support.
Either way, get hype!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:16 pm

@Dregan; Oh come on, let it go ;-;

Also, Akuma be kickin'! Well.. not literally. Save that for the fight. And those eyes are... weirdly mesmerising.
Makes me wonder if anyone on this forum even knows who Akuma is. Probably not.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:40 am

I KNOW AKUMA
From a distance. c: ;;
But yes, I want to see Dreg do some serious Akuma justice cccc:
It's too bad for Frenzy though. But hey, maybe he'll pull an upset~? =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum