Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guardians of the Mirror Moon

Go down

Guardians of the Mirror Moon Empty Guardians of the Mirror Moon

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:50 am

Part 1: Kale

Somewhere in the Banlands, Kale Komet was wandring about the northern fringes of his turf. Tresspassers constanly cross his turf and those he finds give him things that Kale could care less for. They also Demonise Kale as some sort of bandit. Kale just wants to all to stay off his turf. On this paticular day, Kale arrives at Brackwater Lake. This lake's water is extremly high salt, marks the northern tip of Kale's turf. It was late evening, so Kale decided to sleep here for the night. A sudden noise woke Kale with a start. "who's there?" he shouted. There was no responce. Kale looking about saw nothing out of the ordinary so he went back to sleep. But the sound came again. Kale then spotted what looked to be light at the otherside of the lake. Useing his bossters he rushed to the otherside of the lake. But to his surprise there was nothing but a ring of light on the ground. Confused, Kale looked about to see where the light was coming from. It was then that he noticed something in the sky. "Wha....Two Moons?! That's new..." he mumbled. Then that sound came again, seemingly coming from the ring of light. Kale thought for a moment, 'Hmm...Maybe who or what ever it is, it might be camoflaged. Kale reached into the light to his shock, his arm seemed to disintagreat. Kale quickly pulled it out and saw that it was still attached. Kale once again put his arm in and try to grab what ever was making that noise. Suddenly something grabed his arm and yanked him into the ring of light.

Blinded by the light momentairaly, Kale rubbed his eyes and looked around. Brackwater Lake was nowhere to be seen. In fact the landscape was fertureless and darkness was all around him. "Where am I?.." he mumbled. "You are on the Mirror Moon, young one." came a soft voice. Kale turned to see a fawn behind him. The fawn was transpairent and floating a if it was a ghost. "I am Esper." she said. "w..What do you want from me?" asked Kale with suspision and nervousness. "You have been chosen, young one." said Esper, "you have been chosen to be a guardian of the Mirror Moon." "And why would I do that?" said Kale snidely. "Because you have been chosen to do so." she replied. "Look I've got better things to do, lady." Snapped Kale. "Please listen to what I must say." Said Esper, "I know this must be difficult for you to understand, young Kale, but..." "Hold up!" interupted Kale, "How do you know my name?" "The Moon itself speaks to me." said Esper "This hunk of space rock talks to you..." luaghted Kale, "Yea..And I'm the king of the ocean. Give me a break." "Please just listen!" said Esper with some annoience. Kale shook his head. "alright." he said. Just before she said anything Kale interupted by saying "BORING. Look you've tresspassed on my turf and you ripped me away from it for what bloody reason?" "If you give me a moment," said Esper with a hint of anger, "I will explain everthing."

"Long ago, I was one of eight Guardians who protected the Mirror Moon from those who wished to use the knowlage hidden here for ill-deeds. One day, a being called the Foul Lord came to this place and attacked without warning. The other Guardians fell quickly leaving just myself. with no power to distroy the Foul Lord, I tricked the being into the core of the Mirror Moon and sealed it there. This had cost me much of my remaining strength and had I not bound my spirit to the Mirror Moon itself I would not be here." she explained. "Sorry," Yawned Kale, "I dose off there. What was that about ill-deeds?" "Insuffrable Olf!" snapped Esper "Have you no respect?!" "I have no interest in what ever story you need to spill, lady." Kale snapped back, "Nor do I much care. Now I'm leaving, so Get off my turf!" "You are not on 'You're Turf', you are here and you will listen! roared Esper. "Make me!" said Kale harshly, "Oh wait, I forgot that you're just a ghost and can do anything." Suddenly Kale found he couldn't move his feet. It was as if the ground itself was holding him. Then two spiked wall rose up from ether side of him and started to close in on him. Seeing that he was about to get skewered, Kale said in panic "Hold up...Wait a moment...There's not need to get prickly....Look I..I'm sorry...." The walls disapiered and Kale found himself able to move once again. Esper looked as if her temper troubled her. "I must appalogies...I lost my temper a bit..." she said with sadness.

"L..Listen," said Kale, "All I want to know is whats it to me?" Esper gathered herself and said "Ever seven hundred year, the seal I put weakens and I need the aid of seven people to keep it going. For seven day the moon seeks the seven, one by one and bring them here. These seven help protect the Mirror Moon for seven hundred year then return to their home." "What? Seven hundred years?!" said Kale, "No one lives that long unless they're a robot." "The Mirror Moon stops the ageing of it's Guardian." said Esper, "Or at least slows it down to point that age can be measured by days." "But why me?" asked Kale. "I...I do not have a definitive answer for you..." said Esper, "All I know is if the Foul Lord escapes the seal, the all in it's wake will be distroied." "I got one question." said Kale, "Why does this place look so...Blank?" "The Mirror Moon has eight zones, one for each guardian plus mine which is as trnsparent as I." said Esper, "The zone shapes itself to each Guardian's unique personality. For one it could be a swamp and for another it could be a vast woodland. However I must digress. I see in your eyes that you do not wish to stay. You can leave on your own accord." Kale was surprised by the change in heart but dicided to walk away. But in his mind he thought, 'If I stay, I'll hate myself for abandoning my turf...But if I don't, I could loss it anyway....What should I do?' Esper then mumble, "He is so much like him..." "Huh?!" said Kale, who turned around, "What was that you said?"

Esper quickly replied "Oh..uh...nothing...Just thinking aloud.." "No.." snapped Kale, "You ment for that to be heard. You said I'm so much like who?" Esper stayed silent. "Well?" growled Kale, "Who is it?" "there..There was once a person like you." said Esper in sadness, "He was a Guardian with me when the Foul Lord attacked. He always put himself first and yet he gave his life to Save me. He was by far, the most abrasive Guardian of use all. When I lost my temper before, I could swear that I was argueing with him once more. I've spoke for to long. Please leave here" Esper started to float into the darkness when Kale called out "Wait a moment!" When she stoped, Kale said "I will probably regret this later but...I will stay." Esper was surprised by Kale's change in heart and she smile. "Then welcome to the Mirror Moon, Guardian Kale." she said. The ground suddenly changed. Rocky out crops, hardy shrubs, tall cacti, and a mossy carpet filled the featureless landsacpe. The sky was dry and humide and the land was dominated by some rather large Ridges. "We will see each other again shortly." said Esper, "But I must meet the others." And with that Esper disapiered. Kale looked upon his new turf and thought to himself 'Well...It looks as if I'm in it for the long haule...At least she's gone...Yeash, what a grouch." Suddenly a bolt of lightning hit the ground behind Kale, the words I heard that echoing through out the rugged landscape.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

http://kk-afterbrun.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Guardians of the Mirror Moon Empty Re: Guardians of the Mirror Moon

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:54 am

Part 2: Graviton.

Graviton look down upon the city below from a high hill top perch as he did every night. He always looked and watched the life around him, wondering who he really was. Never far from his grasp, a cylindrical gem, the Gyro Emerald glinted in the darkness. "I find it strange," he muttered to himself, "I sit here every night and stare at the people and I can tell where they are from, but I don't truely know who I am..." Graviton lowered his head, all he knew was his name and the power that he held, the power to manipulate gravity. He was bound to the Gyro Emerald for reasons unknown to him and was a formadible warrior. "Will I ever find the anwsers that I seek?" Mumbled Graviton. He looked towards the star in the sky, he had always followed them in hopes that it would lead him to whatever he seeked. But he noticed something odd this night. 'Huh?' thought Graviton, 'Is that...a second moon...how odd...' Graviton stared at the two full moons in the sky. one of them was bright as a lanturn, but the other was pale by comparison. 'This second moon...' thought Graviton, 'must be some form of ill-omen...It does not appier as if it is natural...' Suddenly a beam of faint light flew above Graviton's head and showned in the forest behind him. Graviton got up and quickly tracked it to a small clearing. A ring of light stayed in the center of this clearing and Graviton watched for a moment. It was if the light was calling for someone to come. Graviton approched with caution and put his hand into the light. He watched as it disintagreated and returned to normal when he removed it. 'This light...' he thought, 'it is cosmic in origin...could this be what I seek?'

Graviton entered the ring of light and after a bright flash, found himself alone in a black featureless landscape. "What is this place?" mumbled Graviton, looking about. "This is the Mirror Moon, eternal one." came a soft voice. Graviton turned around to see a young dear fawn in a white dress flooting behind him. Her ghostly form just appiring out of nowhere. "Who do you think you are?!" cursed Graviton in anger, "And what do you Want?!" "Please..." said the Dear, who sounded like she was about to cry. Graviton quickly appologised, "I'm sorry. I have that kind of habit..." "I..I know.." said the Dear, "I am Esper..The guardian of the Mirror Moon. You...You are not from this world, are you?" Graviton jumped "You know about me?" he asked. "The moon tells me many things.." said Esper, "But it does not tell me every thing...You are younger then you look...Is this not true?" "what makes you say that?" asked Graviton, raising an eyebrow. "You are as confused as a child," said Esper softly, "yet you appier as an adult." "Please," said Graviton, "Tell me what you know of me." Esper lowered her head. "You are a formidaible warrior who's power is bound to a gem," she said, "Your power was created by something cosmic, that I'm sure, but what I do not even know. You are called Graviton the Hedgehog." "That didn't relly help me one bit." said Graviton with disappointment, "So why am I here? What is the Mirror Moon?" "The Mirror Moon is an archive of knowlage that spans time, like a bridge over a pond." said Esper, "There were once Eight Guardians who guarded it secerts from all who'd use it's knowlage for evil." "Hmmm, I'm guessing that you were one of them?" asked Graviton.

"Yes I was and still am." said Esper with sadness. "What happen?" asked Graviton. "One day," started Esper, "A vile creature calling itself the Foul Lord attacked this place. The others were overcomed quickly, only I survived. I Sealed the Foul Lord within the Mirror Moon's Core, but my strength was exsaused and with what power I had left I bound my soul to the moon itself." "Wow.." said Graviton in awe, "How long have you been like this?" "4900 years.." said Esper. "WHAT?!" shouted Graviton, "But then how...." "The Mirror Moon only appiers in the sky above the planet every seven hundred years and only for seven days." said Esper, "And on those seven days, seven guardians are chosen to come and protect the Mirror Moon for seven hundred years..." "I'm starting to see where this is going..." said Graviton, his hand rubbing his chin, "I'm guessing that they do not age as fast here then on the planet and that I'm one of the chosen." "You are correct, Graviton." said Esper, "But there is more. Once there are seven Guardians on the Mirror Moon, I will be revived for that time that they are here." "Interesting.." said Graviton, "But it would be very dull in this place...There is nothing to look at." "If you chose to stay, this place will change to whatever suits your personality and abilities." said Esper. suddenly a look of pain crossed Esper's face. "Wh..What..is...this pain....?" she cried. Graviton quickly checked his Gyro Emerald as it felt warmer then normal. When Esper saw it, she asked, "Is that the Gem...?" "Yes it is." anwsered Graviton quickly.

"It....seems that it is....fighting.....with the moon itself..." said Esper in pain. As suddenly as it started, the pain stoped. "Umm...Do you wish to stay?" asked Esper. "If you do not wish to then you can leave.." Graviton thougth for a moment and said "I will stay. This place is as close to finding out who I really am." "Very well then." said Esper. The ground suddenly started to shake. Graviton notice that the ground was getting colder and the black landscape turned white with snow. Stars filled the sky as large Glacier erupted from the ground. Icy ponds and frosty caverns appiered around them. When the shaking stoped, Esper said "Welcome to the Mirror Moon, Guardian Graviton." A sudden flash chaught Esper and Graviton's attention. "Something is not right..." said Esper, "This place is...It is unstable..." "It could be my Emerald." said Graviton, scratching his head, "It could be messing up the Gravity of this place." Esper looked at Graviton and smiled. "That could be what has happened." she said, "It seems that the gravity of this is alternating from low to high and back to low." Esper started to float away from Graviton when he called, "Hey where are you going?"  "I must see to the other Guardians." said Esper with a feint smile, "Once all seven are here, you will meet them. Until then." and with that she disappired. 'Alone again.' thougth Graviton, 'Better keep my mind busy for now.'
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:12 am

Part 3: Jessica

Jessica Carbuncle was quietly reading an artical in the paper in the herble shop she worked at. Known as Jess to her friends, her love for gem-cut flowers was well known in the district. She glanced over to at her prized Gem-cut Flower, a Topaz Tulip, given to her by her friend Julie Longtail. "Jessica." called a voice. Jess looked over the counter to see her boss standing there. "Yes Mam?" said Jess. "Could you close the store tonight?" asked her boss, "I got to leave early today." "No prob, Mam" said Jess cheerfuly. As the day ended, Jess closed up the store and proceded to head to her place on this beautifuly clear night. She, as it was known to her boss, was a member to the Station Square Fight Club, otherwise known as the S.S.F.C. However there was no fight for tonight, so Jess had the night off. "I'm so board...." said Jess, streaching her arms, "If I was back with my folks, I  would go to the old Fairgrounds and have some fun like when I was younger.." As she walked down the street, Jess noticed that they were strangly empty. 'Huh?' she thought, 'There doesn't seem to be anyone out tonight. I thought for sure that other people would enjoy this nice weather from the rain we had for the past few nights.' "Hey Jess!" called a voice from behind her. Jess turned to see Julie behind her. "Hey Jewels." she said with a smile, "Whats up." "Didn't you hear?" said Jewels, "The Mirror Moon has appiered in the Sky!" "Umm...What?" said Jess perplexed. "The Mirror Moon." replied Jewels, "My folks say that when it is in the sky that people will have good luck for a few days." "Really.." said Jess. "Yeah, it's true!" said Jewels with excitment. "Well...I was wondering..." started Jess, "Do you want to hang out for abit...I'm a tad board." Jewels shook her head in disapointment. "Sorry Jess," she said, "My folks are in town and I plan to be with them for a few days." "That's alright," said Jess, "I guess I'll find something else to do. Maybe I'll sit in the park for a while." "O.K then." said Jewels with a cheerful tone, "I'll be seeing you. Good night!" And with that Jewels ran off into the night.

Jess walked to the park, it was small but it was a nice place to be at night. 'Mirror Moon..' thought Jess, 'What was Jewels talking about..' As she looked towards the sky, she saw the star shining brightly and a pair of moons, one slightly paler then the other. 'Huh! A..Second Moon?' she thought, 'Is that what Jewels was talking about?' Suddenly a glint of light caught her eyes and instictively she dove to the side. When she looked to were she was, Jess saw a ring of light had appiered on the ground. At first, confused with what had happened, Jess looked towards the sky to see where the light was coming from. 'Huh?!' she thought, 'Is it comming from that pale moon?' Jess turned her attention to the ring fo light and at first it looked harmless. As she approched it, with caution, Jess thoguht this could be a joke. Suddenly the ring moved towards her. Jess had no time to scream when the light blinded her for a moment. When she could see again, Jess looked around herself. The landscape was black with nothing to look at. "What is this place?" she said, "It's obvious that I'm not in Station Square anymore." "You are Correct, young one." came a voice from behind her. "Yikes!" jumped Jess at that voice. She quickly turned to see a ghostly figure of a deer fawn floting behind her. "A..A...A...Ghost!" cried Jess. "Peace child." said the fawn sweetly, "I am no ghost. My name is Esper, I am the guardian of the Mirror Moon." Jess was nervously shaking at the sight of Esper. "I will not hurt you, Jessica Carbuncle." said Esper, "In truth, I am in need of your aid." "W...How do you know my name?" asked Jess nervously. "The moon tell me many things," said Esper calmly, "I know that you are strong of will and of fist. That your love for Gem-cut flora is as strong as your hatered of those who seek to put you down because of your gender." "How did I get here and why am I here?" asked Jess. "How you arrived is...Complicated to say the least..." admitted Esper, "Even I do not understand that. As for why, I need for you to listen to my tale."

"Long ago, I was one of eight Guardians who spent thier life upon this moon, Guarding the knowlage that is hidden within. One dark day a creature called the Foul Lord attacked our home and killed the others. He left me alive till the end for he thought me as weak. I managed to decive him into a prison within the Core of the moon itself using up much of my strength. I bound myself with what little I had left to the moon to help keep the Foul Lord sealed. However as time went on, the seal weakened and I feared that he might escape. The moon then spoke to me and told me to seek out seven from the planet to aid me in resealing his prison. As long as there seven others on this moon, I will be revived and I can reseal the Foul Lord." "Wow.." said Jess, who was mesmerised by the story, "How long have you been doing this?" "Almost five Millennia." said Esper with a dishearten sadness. "But what happens when you are revived?" asked Jess. "Those that are choosen, remaind here for seven hundred of your years." said Esper, "However, they do not age as those on the planet below. Their age is slowed down if not stoped entirely. Do you wish to stay or not?" "Ummm....." started Jess, "It's a lot to think about..." "I cannot convice you." said Esper, "You must listen to your heart..If you choose to remain here, the blackness around you will change to whatever your personality mirrors.." Jess thought long and hard, 'If I stay, I won't see Jewels or anybody else ever again, but not doing so could mean lots of trouble for poor Esper here...' Then Jess looked at Esper and said, "I will stay and help you protect this place." Suddenly the ground shook, knocking Jess to the ground. Grass sprung up all over and many types of flowers bloumed around her. Trees of many type aslo grow from the ground and the sky grew bright. Even a lake appiered as the bleck landscape turned into a beautiful forest of trees and flora. "I welcome you to the Mirror Moon, Guardian Jessica." said Esper. "Please Esper," said Jess, "call me Jess." Esper Smiled, "As you wish. I must go and see to the others who have yet to arrive. You will meet them when all are here." Esper floated away leaving Jess all alone with her thoughts. 'You think I did the right thing Jewels?' she thought.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:16 am

Part 4: Terrador

Terrador sat at the edge of the cliff face. His mind was distant, the memories of his missing perents, the events that forced him to flee his home. He knew of his power, but not it's extent. Always near, the Baculum Petra, the stone staff that was passed to him by his father. 'I will find you father...and you too, mother.' he thought. The cool winds of an early night rushed past his dreadlock and wistled a somber tone. Terrador got up from his meditation and streached his arms, I was time for him to sleep. He dug a hole as he did every night for the past five years. At the end of it, he made a small cave and tried to sleep. However, something was amiss. Terrador could not sleep. This confused him, he'd had always fallen asleep in this way. He tried and tried again, but still he could not sleep. 'Why can't I sleep..' he thought, 'It is as if something is preventing me..' Terrador emerged from his hole and saw the night sky. He had not looked upon it since he felled his home. He was surprise by what he saw. 'Is that a second Moon?' he thought, remembering a tale that his perents spoke of, 'What was it that father spoke of...When two moons shine, fate shall smile on those they shine upon...' Terrador shook his head. 'That can't be right...That was just a folk tale..' As the night breeze blew past him, Terrador could swear that he heard a voice call to him. Terrador looked franticly for the source of it.

Terrador got out of the hole and walked around to see if he could hear that voice on the wind. Then he saw it, a ring of light, on the ground a few yards ahead of him. The night breeze danced past his ears with that same voice that seemed to call for him. Terrador approched the ring of light and it started to fade abit. Terrador got as close as he dared to and use the Baculum Petra to poke this light. The tip dissapired and Terrador quickly pulled it out to see nothing had happened to it. He got closer and put his hand into the light and it to had vanished within the light. 'Could this be what father spoke of?' he thought. Terrador, almost without thinking walked into the ring of light. The sudden flash played tricks with his eyes for but a moment. Terrador saw his surrondings had changed. Nothing but Blackness was all he could see. 'What is this place?' he thought. "This is the Mirror Moon, Young Geomancer.." said a soft female voice. The voice startled Terrador and he turned to see the ghostly form of a deer fawn floatting behind him. "Ah!.." he jumped, "An...Earth spirit?..." "The Fawn chuckled abit, "I am not an Earth spirit. I am Esper the last true guardian of the Mirror Moon. I am in need of your aid, young Terrador." Terrador snapped to attention. "You say you are not a earth spirit but you know my name." he said, "How can this be unless you are part of the group who took my perents away!" "I know what I am told to by the moon itself." replied Esper calmly, "It tells me the past of all who come to this place that they know of."

"You called me a what before?" asked Terrador. "I called you a Geomancer." said Esper, "It is a title for those who can manipulate stone to whatever they please." "Well...Esper why have you brought me here?" asked Terrador with suspision. "I..Am in need of your aid." she said softly, "Long ago I sealed a creature known as the Foul Lord within this moon. It killed my fellow guardians in an attemped to steal the geart power that rest here. I can only keep this creature here for only so long as my strength wanes. With the aid of seven from the planet below, I can regain my strength to keep it sealed for seven hundred years. That is, so long as these seven chosen stay here for that time." Terrador was awestrucked. "How does one stay alive for such a time?" he asked. "In terms that I can understand." "The chosen become like stone," said Esper, "Almost eternal. Time move slowly for them. Each has a place that the live that links to their personalities and abilities. Now I must ask you a question....Do you wish to stay?" "could you give me a moment to reflect." said Terrador. "Very well." said Esper. Terrador thought long and hard.'If I stay, I will never see my perents again. But, if I go what will happen to this place...I must chose wisely...' "Have you made your chose?" asked Esper calmly. Terrador turned to her and said "Yes I have...I will stay." The ground started to shake and Terrador could not belive his eyes. The Blackness around him turned to a vast mountain range. "I welcome you, Guardian Terrador." said Esper. As Terrador looked around, Esper started to float away. "Wait!" called Terrador, when he noticed she was leaving. "Do not worry." she said, "I must see to the others. Then I will call for you to meet them.." and with that, Esper faded away. Terrador was alone again and all he could think of was, 'Father, did I chose well?"
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:19 am

Part 5: Azrael (Currently known as Zexal at this time)

Zexal stood in the ruins of his village in Green Hill Zone. He was a seemingly ordinary fox, even though he had seven tail. He loved life and he missed all those who lived in the village. But when the Demon Lexaz distroied his village, he took Zexal to the underworld and revieled that Zexal was a demon himself, Lexaz was his brother. But thoguh Zexal's power changed him, he refused to fall into the darkness and defeated Lexaz in battle. Demons have constanly hunted him down for his tratoris actions, and one by one they fall to Zexal's zeal. Zexal looked to the sky and thought, 'Will this madness stop? Will I ever find peace from these Demons?' As night fell, Zexal could swear the ghosts of his village walked about as if they were still alive. Suddenly a voice boomed, "I have found you Luxor." Only a demon called Zexal 'Luxor'. Zexal turned to see the demon standing a few feet from him. "I will distroy you Luxor!" boasted the Demon and it charged at him. Zexal stood his ground, waiting for the demon to get closer. Then, in a flash, the demon turned to dust. Zexal stood behind it as it disintagreated, his sword, the Dawning of Darkness dripping with demonic blood. "Hmp!" snorted Zexal, "Amateur!" Suddenly two more demons appired and attacked Zexal. Zexal pulled out his gun, named Morningstar, and shot the demons in their tracks.

Zexal looked to the sky once more, this night was suppost to have a lunar eclipse. But to Zexal's surprise the moon looked normal. 'Hmm...No blood moon...' he thought. He then saw a secound moon fade into exictance. 'What?!...' he thought as he looked on, 'Another moon in the sky?' The other moon was pale to the normal moon. But it seemed odd that it would just appire as such. 'Must be a reflection before the blood moon begins..' he pondered. As he watched he noticed a beam of light coming from the second moon heading for the ground some distance away. Zexal rushed to investigate. 'Could this be the work of demons?' he thought as he arrived at a spot near by. Zexal looked on as he saw where the beam of light hit. Nearby this ring of light was an old steel ball and some rusted chain. Zexal did not know where it was from but it had been there for sometime before head had arrived at the village. The ring of light on the ground was just beside it, however, to Zexal's intreage, he felt no presence, demonic or otherwise, about this oddity. He approched the light and touched it. A streange fealing ran through his arm, the sensation that could not be discribed in simple words. With his mind full of questions, Zexal walked into the light.

The black landscape that greeted Zexal was almost unwelcoming. "What is this place?" said Zexal, wanting to be heard. "Welcome, Demonic one!" called a voice with some distaste. Zexal turned to see a ghostly deer fawn floating behind him. "A Spector?!" he said scatching his head. "Who or what are you?" "I am Esper" said the fawn sternly, "I am the guardian of the Mirror Moon. May I ask why a Demon walks here!" Zexal did not like the tone of where this was going. "I entered a ring of light that the moon sent down to the planet below." he said sharply, "How do you know of what I am? Are you a demon yourself?" "A Demon come through the ring of light..." mumbled Esper, "So it is true..." "What are you talking about!" shouted Zexal, "Will you awnser the question?!" Esper cleared her throught, "I am not a demon. I am a victem of one." Zexal rasied an eyebrow, he normaly could tell if someone is lying or not. But he could not figure out if Esper was telling the truth. "A Demon called the Foul Lord attacked my home five milenia ago, killing all those I cared for." she continued "With my last ounce of strength I sealed it within this moon. My soul is bound to this place till the end of time itself."

"That still doesn't tell me how you know what I am!" growled Zexal. "As I am bound to this place, the knowlage of all who arrive here comes to me." she replied, "But I myself am confused by you, Zexal Shadowsong. You are a Demon, yes, but yet I sence no evil in you...How can this be?"  This got on Zexal's nerves. "Not all can be evil!" he roared, "All I wished for is to live a normal life with the mortals down below!" Esper was taken aback with fear. "I...I'm...Sorry...I must have touched a nerve..." she trembled. Zexal saw her reaction and calmed himself down. "What can you tell me of this place?" he asked. "The Mirror Moon once had eight Guardians." said Esper, still sounding fearful. "When the Foul Lord was sealed I thought that it would be the end of it. However ever seven hundred years, the seal I placed weakened. With nothing left to do, I felt that all hope was lost. But then Seven from the planet came and for a time I was revived, bring strength to the seal. They stayed for seven hundred years before returning to the planet below and seven more came to take their place. Now another seven are due to arrive but so far only four have shown up."

"Does this place always look like this?" asked Zexal. "No." said Esper, "Each guardian has their on 'Zone' of infulence. This Zone shapes itself to those that stay." "Do you mind if I stay?" asked Zexal. The comment shocked Esper. "Let a demon stay here?!..I...Why do you wish to stay?" she asked. "As I said before, I wish to live in peace." sighed Zexal, "Demons attack me ever day and night. I grow weary of it." Esper looked at Zexal and saw that he was being sincer. "...If you wish to stay, then It is o.k..." she said. The ground shook as cracks ripped the blackness. The smeel of sulfur filled the air as the landscape turned to a quagmire. Lava run like rivers through the swamp and patchs of calm green spaces popped up everywhere. Esper looked about with wonder. "Such a darkness around but even the light shines here." she said in awe, "Order and Chaos living in peace and harmony...Such beauty in..." Esper trailed off as Zexal looked at his new home with some dissapiontment. "I welcome you Guardian Zexal to the Mirror Moon." said Esper, "I must take my leave for now and see to the others. I will call for you to meet with them soon." Zexal watched as Esper faded away then looked upon the swamp. "This ain't no Green Hill but I guess it'll have to do." he mumbled.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Part 6: Maxus

As the sun was setting, Maxus Primus was searching around Green Hill Zone. His friend Zexal had vanished without a trace. Zexal was a Demon and Maxus, a Demon Hunter. Zexal was different from other demons he met, he was not evil. After a demon had layed a curse on him, Zexal undid the curse and thaught him to control it. Maxus search but to no aveil. 'What could have happened to Zexal?' he poundered. A sudden russle of bushs chuaght his attention and he called out, "Whomever is hiding there come out now!" At first there was nothing, but then a rat like squirrel emerged from the bushs. "Who are you?" demaned Maxus "I'm Fisker," said the squirrel cheerfuly. "I've never seen you around here before..." said Maxus. "I'm from the Jungle that's further in land." said Fisker, "I saw something wierd happen a few nights ago.." This grabbed Maxus's interest. "What?" he asked. "I saw some wierd light come down from one of the moons." said Fisker. "There is only one moon!" cursed Maxus, thinking that the squirrel was lying. "That's what I mean," replied Fisker, "That night there was a second moon. A ring of light came down from it. As I got closer I saw this guy walk into it!" "A guy?" said Maxus rubbing his chin, "What did he look like?" "I couldn't tell what he was.." admitted Fisker, "But he did have seven tails...I think...I couldn't keep count with them moving all over like that..." Maxus's eyes widened, the person that Fisker discribed could be Zexal. "Where was this?" he asked. "Over by that old Ball'n'chain thingy.." said Fisker, "Near that graveyard place.." "I thank you.." said Maxus. "No problem," said Fisker, "See you around."

Maxus watched as the squirrel walked away and then rushed towards the border between Green Hill Zone and Marble Zone. Night had fallen when had arrived at the location of the ball'n'chain. Maxus put his hand on the ground, the cool breeze rushed passed his coat. 'Hmmm...The ground is warm...' he thought, 'I sence a strenge energy here...' As he glanced at the sky he saw the second moon. 'That..Can't be...Natural..' he thought. He saw a shaft of light come down from the moon into Marble Zone and mumbled, "I must discover what this is..." Maxus tracked the shaft of light to a group of ruined coloums in the center of a lava pit. A rickety bridge was all that conected them to the Marble Zone. A ring of light sat there as Maxus got to the edge of the bridge. He could feal power of somesort coming from this ring. "Is this the work of demons?" he growled. He crossed the bridge and walked to the edge of the ring. Suddenly the bridge collapsed behind him but the ring seemed to be nothing unlike a  spotlight. With extrem caution, Maxus entered the ring and in a flash found himself on a plain of darkness. 'Is this a trap?' he thought. "I greet you welcome, Demon Hunter." came a soft voice. Maxus turned around quickly to face a young ghostly deer fawn floating behind him. "Who or What are you?" he cursed.

"I am Esper," she said, "I am the guardian of the Mirror Moon." "How can I not Sence you?" demanded Maxus. "Sence...Me?" asked Esper, "I do not understand what you speek of." "I am able to see you..." snarled Maxus, "But are you nothing more then an illusion?!" "Oh." said Esper bowing, "It is hard to explain...I am between worlds at this point....You have been a victem of the Demonic?" "What?" said Maxus in shock, "But how..." "I can tell..." said Esper "You and I share a similer past..." "What do you mean?" asked Maxus with suspision. "Long ago I was one of eight guardian whom protected this place from all those who wished to steal the knowlage for ill deeds. But one tragic day, a demonic creature called the Foul Lord attack us, only I had survived. I sealed the Foul Lord within the moon itself, but I found that it had drained much of my strength so I was force to bind my soul to the moon as well. The seal I have placed weakens over the centuries and I must seek the help of others to remake the seal." "How many people do you seek?" asked Maxus. "I need the aid of seven," said Esper, "However the seal take weakens quickly. These seven must stay on the Mirror Moon for seven hundred years before my search begins anew."

"Seven hundred years...." said Maxus, "How does one survive such time?" "Time moves slowly for those who stay." said Esper, "Their surroundings change to what ever suits their personalites and abilities. Do you wish to stay?" "I cannot." said Maxus turnning his back to her, "I must search for a friend of mine." "I am curious..." said Esper, "I senced your search for a demon but you call him your friend?" This chaught Maxus's attention. "What else do you know?" he demanded, looking over his shulder. "I know you are Max Primos. You changed your name to Maxus Primus after a demon lifted your curse..." said Esper, "..Could it be....Is the one you seek be Zexal shadowsong?" Maxus turned suddenly and with eyes widened. "He is here." said Esper looking down, "He chose to stay, but my misgivings do not allow me to trust him..." "How many others are there?" asked Maxus. "If you chose to stay, you would be the fourth." said Esper. "Take me to Zexal." snapped Maxus, "I wish to see him." "I cannot." said Esper floating towards Maxus, "If you do not wish to stay then I must send you back. I cannot bring you to him and he cannot come to you. That is how it must be." Suddenly Maxus senced Zexal had been with Esper before, and he began to ponder, 'She is speaking the truth...but is there something more...' Then turning to Esper, he said, "I will remain here under one condition; You must start to belive in Zexal. He is not evil like other demons." Esper bowed her head and said, "Very well..." The ground started to shake and Maxus fell over.Tall dried grasses grew around him and the ground became dusty and hard. A few Mesquite trees sprong up and some small lakes and rivers formed. When the shaking stopped, Maxus got back to his feet. ""I welcome you, Guardian Maxus." said Esper. "When can I see Zexal?" he asked. "When the others have arrived." said Esper floating away, "I must see to their arrivel. Then you'll will see Zexal. Until then." She vanished in the sky leaving Maxus alone. "Zexal...Why did you come here?" he mumble as began to look around.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Part 7: Fisker

Fisker was happily gliding between the trees. He was far from home but had made Jungle Zone on South Island his home. "What a weird couple of days.." he thought aloud, "First I see a secound moon, then a beam of light that took a seven tailed fox with him. Then a Hedgehog in a coat looking for somebody...Hey I never asked for his name...Oh well." As he got to one tree, Fisker jumped downwards towards the river below and shouted, "Swan Dive!" Unfourtunately, Fisker had jumped a bit too far and crashed on to the opposite bank of the river. "O...Ow..." he mouned. Fisker dragged himself to his feet andstreached. A cold evening breeze rushed by his skin flaps. "Hmm..." said Fisker, "Maybe I could see that second moon again tonight..." Fisker raced to the tree tops and pulled out his spyglass. He sat in the tree tops and watch the moon rise. As he waited, Fisker saw the second moon seemingly fading into exsitance. "There it is." he chanted. As he watched, a beam of light came down upon a part of Jungle Zone that was close to the valley of springs, as Fisker would call it. That spot near Spring Yard Zone was Fisker's favorite Diving Spot and he decided to take a closer look. Fisker glided from tree to tree to reach the spot.

Fisker saw that the light beam was in the middle of the lake thathe loved to jump into. He looked around to see if anyone was around. "There's no body here..." he said with a sadden tone, but he chearfuly added, "Ah well...Cannon Ball!" Fisker lepped from the tree tops into the light beam and crash hard into something. Fisker was confused, he had never failed to hit the waters of the lake. Then he got a surprise, the lake and the surounding jungle had dissapired. All Fisker could see was blackness. "Huh?!" he cried "Where am I!??!" "Hahaha..." came a low chuckle. "Who's there?!?" jumped Fisker, drawing his Kamas. He looked about nervously until a voice said softly, "Peace young one. No hart will come to you." Fisker turned to see a ghostly young deer fawn appire behind him. "Wha...." stutered Fisker. "I will not hurt you Young Fisker," said the Fawn, "I am in need of your help..." "No you don't!" shouted Fisker nervously, "I've heard about you kind...You won't get my body to posses!" The Fawn looked at Fisker with confusion. "You must missunderstand me..." she said, "Why would you think that?" "I was told if a spirit know your name, they want to control your body!" said Fisker, shaking like a leaf. "Hahaha," chuckled the fawn, "Why would I need your body if I still have mine?" Fisker hessitated for a moment as she continued, "I may seem like a Spirit but I am very much alive. I'm just caught between two worlds." Fisker calmed down and said, "Oh if thats the case...Why did you call me young one. You look younger then me." "I have not aged like you have." she said. "How old are you?" asked Fisker. "It's not ploite to ask a woman's age, Even if you don't know her name." said the fawn. "Oh sorry.." said Fisker, "What's your name?" "I am Esper, Guardian of the Mirror Moon." she said.

"W...Did you just say Esper?!" said Fisker nervously. "Yes..But What is the matter?' asked Esper confusingly. "Where I'm from..Esper means Spirit of...Something bad.." Fisker said fumbaling his word. "I see...You are not from this world...Are you?" said Esper in a saddened tone. "Huh?!" said Fisker. "I sence that you are but you are not from here..." said Esper. "What do you mean?!" cried Fisker. "I..I do not entirely understand myself..." said Esper. "You..Said that you need my help...For What?" asked Fisker putting his kamas away. "Long ago, I was with seven other guardians here to protect this place from evil." started Esper, "A creature called the Foul Lord attacked us and kill the others, I had managed to trick the beast into the core of the Mirror Moon and sealed it inside. However I had used up much of my strenght and was force to bind myself to the Mirror Moon to keep the Foul Lord from escaping. Now I fear that if I do not get aid soon enough, it will break free and distroy every thing in it's path." Fisker just stared wide eyed at Esper's story. "Why did you bring me?" he asked. "I brought you and others to aid me." she said, "But if you don't wish to help, I will send you back to your home from where you came." "Others?.." said Fisker, "You mean like that seven tailed fox guy?" "What?.." said Esper in shock. "I saw him enter a ring of light a few days ago." said Fisker.

"Well then..." started Esper. "Why is this place so...Black?" asked Fisker. "This place changes to whomever lives here." said Esper, "It will refect their personalities and abilities." "How does it do that?" asked Fisker. "...I don't truly understand it myself.." admitted Esper, "So do you wish to stay?" "Well...I don't know how much help I can be.." said Fisker rubbing his chin, "But I will help out as much as I can." The ground rumbled as Large Trees sporuted all over the place. A vast Jungle grew around them and just as they thought it was done, Bumpers, flipper and Springs bloomed as well as tree sized gumball machines. A spring grew under Fisker's feet and sent him bouncing around the jungle wildly as Esper tried to keep track of him. And just as it seemed he's hit the ground again, a fast flowing river sweeped him back towards Esper and kicked him out just beside the spring. "My goodness.." she paniced, "Are you all right?" "Hahaha!" chanted Fisker, "That was fun!" Esper smiled, "that is nice to hear...I must be going now." "Huh, What?" said Fisker with surprise, Where..Why?" "I must see to the others." she said as she started to float away. "Wait!" said Fisker, "You never told me how old you are?" "If you must know.." said Esper begruggingly, "I am 6431 years old..." Fisker's jaw dropped as he watched her dissapire through the canopy.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KK-Afterbrun Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Part 8: The Meeting

A strange door had open in Zexal's Zone. Zexal heard Esper's voice telling him to enter it but Zexal did not know what he'd find. All around him were a black world of nothingness covered by a twelve foot by twelve foot green grid on the ground. 'What is this place?' he thought. "I see you must be one of the others." came a voice in a distasteful tone. Zexal turned to see a purple hedgehog standing behind him. "And you are?" asked Zexal. "I am Graviton.." said the hedgehog, "You and I seem to very in a similer power, Fox..." "I am Zexal Shadowsong." said Zexal, "You are very confrontational towards me...Do you think of me as a rival?" Just before Graviton could say something, they heard a clacking noise. They turned to see a coyotie with metal feet walking towards them. "Great..." growled the coyotie, A hedgehog with an attitude problem and a seven tailed fox who thinks he knows better." "What's your problem?" snapped Graviton. "Your face!" snarled the coyotie. "I would refraze that coyotie." said Zexal. "Can it Fox!" braked the coyotie. Suddenly the coyotie started to scratch himself vigorously. "Blasted it all!!" he cursed "Ever since I came here I've been itchy." Zexal turned to Graviton and asked, "Do you think your Gem is causing his uncomfortable mood?" "Huh?!" jumped Graviton, "How do you know about my Emerald?!?" The coyotie tried to charge Graviton, but Zexal whiped out his sword and pointed at the coyotie and said, "What is it that you are called?" The coyotie stopped short of getting skewered and spat, "What's it to you?!" "His name is Kale Komet!" came a familer voice. "HUH?!" said Kale as he turned to see another hedgehog in a dark coloured coat. "Maxus Primus." said Zexal with a smile, "I did not expect you to be here." "We met, old friend." smiled Maxus walking towards him. "Hmph!" snorted Kale, "What is this, a hedgehog convention?" "Why don't you stay quite for a moment, Kale!" said Graviton harshly. "And why should I listen to a gook like you?!" shouted Kale.

"Hello?!" called a female voice. Everyone looked to see a bobcat walking towards them. Kale instanly reconized her and said in panic, "No..No not her!" When she saw Kale she also remembered him and snarled sinisterly, "Esper brought me that Finkrat to play!" she charged towards Kale who quickly dove under ground as she pounced. Suddenly Kale was knocked back above ground quite a distance from where he dug underground and landed hard beside a hole. A badgermole like echidna popped out of the hole and saw Kale on the ground and said, "My appologise..I did not see you digging there." "How..can this get any worse...." mumbled Kale. "I am Terrador C. Bellator," continued the badgermolechidna, "Who you people?"  "I am Zexal," said Zexal, "And this is Maxus, Graviton....Um..What is your name young lady?" "My name is Jessica Carbuncle," she smiled, then batting an eye lash towards Terrador, "But you can call me Jess." A nervous drip rolled down Terrador's face as Graviton said, "Why not show some attention towards those that could defend you?" Jess turned and slapped Graviton hard and spat, "Your not my type!" Kale, still on the ground, started to snicker at Graviton getting slapped when Terrador asked, "And the fellow playing at the floor rug?" "That would be Kale." said Maxus.

"Wheee!" interupted a voice. All but Kale turned to see a squirrel-rat land on Kale's back. "Look at all the new people! I'm Fisker Rust-tail. Nice to meet you!" it said. "GET OFF ME!!!!" roared Kale, grabbing it by the tail and throwing it at the others. The squirrel suddenly stopped in mid air before sinking down slowly. Everyone's jaw dropped, with one exception. "You shouldn't toss others like that coyotie." said Graviton harshly. Kale pushed himself to his feet and snarled, "Why don't you put your muscles where your mouth is!" "If it is a fight you seek, then I'll gladly give you one!" barked Graviton. The two charged at each other and just before they met a bolt of light shrock between them. Kale jumped back into Terrador's arms while Graviton jumped back a shorter distance. "Enough!" called a voice. Esper suddenly appired in the center of them and she looked whole. "I do not wish to baby sit you from fighting here!" she said quite angraly. After she calmed abit she added, "Welcome all of you. This place is the Central Matrix. We, the guardians of the Mirror Moon meet here as a group when there is much discution that must be told. I already know that each of you have stated your names here and I wanted to have each of you tell the others of your personal Zones. Who would like to go first?"

"What is it?" said Graviton, "Public speaking?" "Hold your tounge!" braked Terrador. "Please!" said Esper, with some annoience. Suddenly a sphere rose from out of the ground. Eight locations appired on the face of it as it revovled. "What in the world..." said Maxus. "I will show you what this sphere does." said Esper "When you stand before it, It will show an image of what your Zone looks like. You discribe what it hazards that the others may encounter. I already know what each Zone has and what each will be called, so do not try to lie about it. I will tell you the name of your Zone when you have spoken about it." Esper walked towards the sphere and an image of ruins emerged above her head. "This is my Zone, The Achaic Ruins Zone. There are many traps from crushing walls to many misleading paths are all over my Zone. Please, if you come tread carefully and let me know when you are coming. Otherwise I cannot garenty your safety." Esper stepped back and said, "Who wishs to go next?" "I will Esper." said Jessica, stepping forward. As she approched the sphere and image of a green forest filled with flowers appired. "This is my Zone." said Jessica kindly, "There is not much danger in my Zone, just lots of flowers." But then added with a stark warning, "If any of you wreak the flowers here, I will make you feal Pain! And if I see you, Finkrat! You'll be pushin up daisies!" "Hey what did I ever do to you?" complained Fisker. Kale tapped Fisker on the head and said "She's talking to me." "Oh!" said Fisker.

As Jess was about to step down Esper said "The Name that your Zone is called is Flora Forest Zone...Very peaceful.." "Thank you." smiled Jess. "I'll go nextI'll go!" jumped Fisker. The sphere now showed what looked to be a jungle pinball machine. "This is my Zone." said Fisker with exterm cheerfulness, "It's a jungle full of bumpers, flipper and springs. It's a fun place to bounce around in. And theres lots of gumball machines and fast waterways...It wounderful!" "Someone needs to calm down..." mumbled Graviton, "Or back off the gumballs abit." Esper then said, "Your Zone Fisker is called Jackpot Jungle Zone." "That's a cool name! Come by anytime!" said Fisker. "I will go next." said Terrador. When he approched, a vast mountain range was the image that appired. "This is my Zone, I prefure to remain solitary. There are many tunnels that I made that will lead intruders in circlues. I do not make a good host if you do decide to vist. Just do not disterb me when I am in meditation." "Very well," said Esper, "You Zone is called the Mineshaft Mountains Zone." Terrador bowed his head toward Esper and steped aside. "Oh fine!" snarled Kale as he approched the Sphere.

The image of a harsh desert-like landscape with rocky outcrops appire above him and he snarled, "This is my Zone. The place is full of twister and has a lack of water. It's my turf and I don't want nobody on it! Period!" 'What's his problem?' thought Zexal. "The name of your zone, Kale,  is Reinagaide Ridge Zone." said Esper crossly, "I think you need to show a bit more respect to the other." Kale turned his head and stepped down with nothing but a snort. "I take my turn.." said Maxus, stepping forward. The image now showed a grassy savannah. "This is my Zone. The water that you see has high salt concintrations and the weather is quite humid." "Not much to go on..." said Terrador. Esper then said, "Your Zone is called Saltflat Savannah Zone." "I shall go next." said Graviton. When the image of ice and snow appired over his head, Kale spat, "Oh great! A Cold and Wet Wasteland!" Graviton ignored Kale's comment and said, "My Zone maybe full of Ice and Snow, but the gravity field is highly unstable. It would be very dangerous to cross my Zone unasisted." "Your Zone is called Gravity Glacier Zone." said Esper "I hope that Gem of yours does not interfeare with the rest of the Mirror Moon Zones."

Zexal walked up and the image of a bleak landscape of vocanic rocks and rivers of lava was shown. But patchs of green grass was there to be seen. "This is my Zone," said Zexal, "I would advies all to find green patchs to stay alive. My Zone's air is toxic to all but me." "Why's that?" asked Fisker. "I belive it's something to do with his abilities." said Terrador. "My Zone is also a mirror of where I lived on the planet below." continued Zexal, "A dark mirror, that is." "What a hellish place to call your own." said Jess. "One wrong step and you'd be brunt to a crisp." added Kale. Esper said with a tone of distate, "Your Zone is known as the Brimstone Boglands Zone. Please make an effort not to let the others get killed there Zexal." "As you wish, Esper." bowed Zexal. "Now that everone has shown the others their Zone I wish to give you something important." said Esper as the Sphere dissapired. Eight small tables appired in front of each of the guardians as well as one in front of Esper herself. On each table there was a small metal fragment on them. "These fragments are of a key called the Deralem Core. Below my Zone lies the enterance to a crypt where the Foul Lord is sealed. Though it's chamber is deep within, the doorway that leads to it is sealed by this key. I broke it into eight fragments so each one of us has one to guard within our respected Zone. Only you will know it's ture location. Hide them well."

"Great.." cursed Kale, "Another peice of junk that I don't need." "How will we be able to hide this, Esper?" asked Jess. "The fragment give off a very weak signal that will blends into whatever background it hides in." said Esper, "Not everything will pick that signal up. So if you just toss it aside, it still will be difficult to find." Suddenly seven portals opened and Esper said, "This will ajourn our meeting today. I will call for you If we need another one." One by one each of the guardians left the Central Matrix with their fragment leaving Esper alone. "We shall see how well they do." she said aloud.
KK-Afterbrun
KK-Afterbrun
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down