The Tower of Heaven

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Tower of Heaven

Post by Galemeshi on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:07 am

I've been looking into some online flash games recently and I came across two that really, really caught my eye. The first was called Pause Ahead, and the second-- which is also by Askiisoft but an older game-- was Tower of Heaven. For the past two days or so, I've been playing them and all I have to say is that I'm pretty impressed.

I thought about maybe making a roleplay loosely based on Tower of Heaven simply because I found its own story to be very interesting. You play as a traveler who enters God's tower and is challenged to climb it. Throughout the levels, there are many dangerous traps and and after each level, a new law is added.. Providing even more dangerous traps! There are a few things maybe suggesting that the traveler came there in the first place because of rumors of a great reward or treasure.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this to see if anyone else had any interest. If you do, what kind of characters would you prefer to play as? Your Sonic FCs, or OCs that you may possibly have..?
How would you like for the roleplay to be set up?
Galemeshi
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Re: The Tower of Heaven

Post by Spekkal on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Ooooohhh I've played that game. It is absolutely GORGEOUS and so is the music! But doing an RP like that would be difficult - it would have to be heavily controlled, the environment pre-planned such as traps. It would be a lot of hard work if it wants to be brilliant but damn I want it to happen.

Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Galemeshi on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 am

A-ha! :DI'm so glad that you approve of the game, and the idea. I agree that the music and art are very lovely, too. ^^

I was thinking that maybe one person (perhaps maybe another-- if it's too much to handle) could control the environment and traps. Maybe for each level, someone could illustrate a simple map to show where certain traps are and possibly other things to try and lessen confusion.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :1
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Personally, I like the idea of a group entering the tower and interacting with each other as they progressed. Although, on the other hand, I almost feel as though only one of the few who entered should make it to the top. If not one, then definitely not all..
Galemeshi
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spynmaster on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:37 am

I remember that game. I saw a 100% play of it. I like pixel games, they bring me back to the days of GameBoy.

Did you know someone made it a stage in a fangame called Super Smash Land? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfUShNe4joM

I'd like to use this idea as plot to advance my character, Thunder, if you're willing. A Tower of Heaven sounds like just the thing he needs to find his origins, which he knows nothing about.

"I fight for my friends, I fight for my lover, and I fight for the will to determine my own course in life. Those who stop me will feel the force of my willpower, the fury of my passion, and the depth of my imagination."
Spynmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top