Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sega.

4 posters

Go down

Sega. Empty Sega.

Post by Founder Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:23 pm

-Doesn't know what to type here.-

Last edited by Founder on Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Founder
Founder
Staff
Staff

https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sega. Empty Re: Sega.

Post by ThePersonWhoTalks Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:05 pm

So in case none of you have heard, Yuji Naka (famed designer & well respected worker in SEGA) has decided to start his own unique SEGA funded company; naming it Prope (meaning beside or near). In this company Prope Yuji Naka expresses a deep desire for creating more hardware without the restrictions of SEGA (since technically Prope is an independant company aside from being heavily influenced and funded by SEGA. Through several articles he talks of his strong desire of creating another "SEGA" console and rumor as well as speculation goes to show that he is already making an outline of a supposed, "DreamCast 2" project. Now to ask the all-time popular question you commonly hear amongst SEGA fans. Do you think that SEGA might be on track to releasing the mythical, "DreamCast 2" even after declaring themselves dead in the hardware department?

Links/Articles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prope

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-
10158267-17.html

Thoughts, opinions, ideas?
ThePersonWhoTalks
ThePersonWhoTalks
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:41 pm

If they come out with another oldschool/badass system like dreamcast and genesis. I will be so excited.
I fucking loved my genesis until my dad broke it. :I
And I never had enough money to buy a dreamcast before they died in the game console world.
So I am very curious to see what happens with all of this.
Founder
Founder
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinn Rinchi Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:37 pm

Ah the Dreamcast 2 if it does go through it will be good to see sega bring something to the table and maybe that will boost up so good gameplay from nintendo, cause let's face it nintendo hasn't made a good game since the SNES, and that was when Sega was in the market making their own consuls. So It would be good to get a new consoul and hopefully some good games.
Shinn Rinchi
Shinn Rinchi
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePersonWhoTalks Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:26 pm

When it does come out it would only make sense for it to be at the end of this generation's cycle. They already waited far to long and releasing it now would be stupid. So, when and if this rumor is to be true then it'd be next generation. It'd also be a perfect time. It'd throw EVERY company off their toes. I also agree with you Shinn. The last great game I remember of specifically Mario was Super Mario 64 (which really was more mediocre than legendary titles like Super Mario 1, 2 & 3 and Super Mario World). Super Mario Sunshine is kinda what did them in for me.... I won't lie that in my personal opinion Sega & Sonic Team also kinda had their own smaller share fair of not so great games. Sonic Heroes was kinda a disappointment because first you are handed two AMAZING golden' game Sonic Heroes 1 & 2 (not talking about the crappy Sonic DX remakes those just pissed me off) then after those two amazing games they just toss out Sonic Heroes. When that happened I was just like "WTF!?" because first they release a revolutionary console (The DreamCast) then two fucking fantastic games then, they just out of the blue say "Oh, and we're not going to make any more consoles and we're pulling the plug on this heavenly console now fuck off." I understand they were in a financial crises at that time but still GRRR really pisses me off. But now they've gradually gotten' back on their feet. Their Sonic Advance Series would pretty damned cool. The first official Sonic RPG made me shit bricks The Dark Brotherhood. It was strange but I thought their concepts were badass. And Sonic Unleashed was cool (it wasn't legendary but I still think it deserves an A). And if you take a look at their stock prices and averages and number of employees etc. they're WAY more profitable than before. So I can financially see this as a possibility. And speaking of the Mario franchise going downhill. There's actually been some serious talk (not just rumors but ACTUAL fact) that Nintendo is thinking about replacing their mascot Mario with Link from the Legend of Zelda series. It makes perfect sense if you really think about. There's like not a single Legend of Zelda game in the series that ever made it in the shitlist he has a HUGE cultic gathering and everything. The only series you can say that sucked were the ones from the CDI series (which don't count)
ThePersonWhoTalks
ThePersonWhoTalks
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:21 pm

-Wants to hit a big fucking rewind button and go back to the days of the Genesis and Sonic 1, 2, etc.-
c:
Founder
Founder
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Sega. Empty Luckily

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:49 am

theres emulators you can use.

Back to top Go down

Sega. Empty My thoughts on emulators.